Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Identification of profitable Airdrops  (Read 143 times)
Midoproj (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Hey everyone,

lately, airdrops increasingly ran through my mind. The concept seems promising: Free Coins. However, everytime something appears to be too good to be true you should be more than sceptical. By reading through various threads in the forum it became very obvious that a lot of these free coins are garbage and a waste of time, with only a few hidden exceptions.

But HOW exactly can one spot these exceptions. By researching the coin and project itself, what is it that you have to look out for the most? Anyones you are willing to recommend?  - pls no astroturfing, though..

Best wishes and a big thanks to everyone willing to help or share their insights.
goldkosmos

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:43:04 AM

That is a good question ! If found an answer,  gif it to me !
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:03:55 PM

Some Airdrops pay participants' compensation in the form of a token whose value is meaningless. They are not enough to make redemption and withdrawal transactions. Even more annoying, airdrop lasts longer with a slightly more difficult task than Bounty's Sad

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:20:07 PM

Good topic and question: D But you with an accuracy of 100% will not give a link to receive free coins, which in the future will have some value. You have written everything correctly, you need to spend more time! Wink

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:32:32 PM

At most cases, all you will need to do in order to obtain the airdrop tokens would be to sign a message with your private key.
As long as that's the only thing that is being required to obtain the airdrop tokens then, you are not risking anything when obtaining the tokens.

You can check the price of the airdrop tokens that you are supposed to get and calculate how many tokens you should be getting, you can calculate what's the amount of money that you are going to get and consider if it does worth putting the effort to get it.
I think that most of the times, if you don't own a large amount of bitcoins the airdrops don't really worth the effort and I just pass from obtaining the tokens.
Midoproj (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:22:22 AM

At most cases, all you will need to do in order to obtain the airdrop tokens would be to sign a message with your private key. As long as that's the only thing that is being required to obtain the airdrop tokens then, you are not risking anything when obtaining the tokens.

Giving away my Private Key? I thought that was the ONE THING to never ever do?? I must be misunderstanding something.

Thanks to everybody for the replies.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

At most cases, all you will need to do in order to obtain the airdrop tokens would be to sign a message with your private key. As long as that's the only thing that is being required to obtain the airdrop tokens then, you are not risking anything when obtaining the tokens.

Giving away my Private Key? I thought that was the ONE THING to never ever do?? I must be misunderstanding something.

Thanks to everybody for the replies.

You sign a message with your private key. Others can verify by you giving them message and your public key. They can verify that it is you who signed it. For this you don't send your private key to others.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:26:26 AM

The thing is that doing research about a token usually takes much longer than pressing  *follow*,  or*share*,  or *whatever* button. You will not win anything if you study every airdrop coins. Just take it up and forget about it. If it pays,  then start research.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:32:27 AM

It is a real challenge to pick the cherries among all the garbage. There are so many airdrops out there that will give you coins in an amount that’s worth almost nothing. I usually try to find out what the ICO value of a coin is and then see if it is worth signing up. A good indicator is also if there is a lot of hype around the coin as was the case with Polymath, which didn’t even do an ICO.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

Every time that I see a lot of rules to join an airdrop (for example to share in facebook, twitter, telegram and even instagram) to get few tokens (sometimes  5 or 10 tokens, lol)  for me it's already garbage. A real airdrop doesn't need all these rules (they should be for bounties and I generally hate to use facebook for this) and above all the amount isn't so trash. In the last times there are a lot of garbage airdrops, always waiting for the good one. Good luck!
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:51:52 PM

I tried few times to join airdrop now I have a small pack of useless tokens on my eth wallet. Most of airdops even didnt send their trash:) dont understand why everybody talking about this crap:)

ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:06:00 PM

Hey everyone,

lately, airdrops increasingly ran through my mind. The concept seems promising: Free Coins. However, everytime something appears to be too good to be true you should be more than sceptical. By reading through various threads in the forum it became very obvious that a lot of these free coins are garbage and a waste of time, with only a few hidden exceptions.

But HOW exactly can one spot these exceptions. By researching the coin and project itself, what is it that you have to look out for the most? Anyones you are willing to recommend?  - pls no astroturfing, though..

Best wishes and a big thanks to everyone willing to help or share their insights.

well
so you mean how to see some promising airdrop ?
my answer absolutely nothing.
i mean ,
u must joined of everything airdrop.
however , u know the fact.
that just free coin , no price on beginning .
about identifiaction , i still dont know how to see that.
for example, a few month ago, i joined exmr airdrop but price still cheap up to now
and i missing the exrn airdrop because i think its not promising,
but in fact, they better than another one.
so , just do and wait , if u too lazy , just try a real work.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀