Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 07:39:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/BCH Splitting - Was I replayed? Confusion about Fork.  (Read 121 times)
robertsmith78 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:58:16 AM

Hello, I'm sorry if this is one of many similar posts but I have done a lot of reading and am truly confused about what is happening.

In Mid July 2017, I transferred an amount of BTC to my electrum wallet. For fear of issues with the impending BCH fork, I waited until well after to transfer my BTC to my Ledger Nano S wallet on Sept. 27, 2017.

I waited until now to try extracting my BCH, but having imported my seed into a BCH wallet, it shows my wallet as empty, and a withdrawal of the full balance two days later on Sept. 29, 2017.

I am genuinely confused what could have happened? I thought BCH had replay protection? Also, the funds are shown on the explorer at this address but I'm not sure how to access them? I thought that a transaction in late September on the BTC chain should have had no effect on my BCH?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is incredibly frustrating because the same thing happened to me with the ETH/ETC split, and I thought I had taken the necessary precautions this time around.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

Hello, I'm sorry if this is one of many similar posts but I have done a lot of reading and am truly confused about what is happening.

In Mid July 2017, I transferred an amount of BTC to my electrum wallet. For fear of issues with the impending BCH fork, I waited until well after to transfer my BTC to my Ledger Nano S wallet on Sept. 27, 2017.

I waited until now to try extracting my BCH, but having imported my seed into a BCH wallet, it shows my wallet as empty, and a withdrawal of the full balance two days later on Sept. 29, 2017.

I am genuinely confused what could have happened? I thought BCH had replay protection? Also, the funds are shown on the explorer at this address but I'm not sure how to access them? I thought that a transaction in late September on the BTC chain should have had no effect on my BCH?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is incredibly frustrating because the same thing happened to me with the ETH/ETC split, and I thought I had taken the necessary precautions this time around.

It's probably a derivation path issue? Do you have a bitcoin address that should have had bitcoin cash awarded to it that we can test on a block explorer.

Onto the derivation path issue, it'll be the path m/0'/0 I think and a generated cash wallet would use m/0'/1 if generated in the ledger wallet by default afaik.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: