Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm taking a break  (Read 610 times)
Nebell (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:02:56 PM

Last 6 months crypto has been more as an obsession than a hobby.
Fortunately I invested nothing except some money in mining equipment.

I'm going to uninstall all crypto tracking apps from my phone and pick up some good video games to keep me busy until my vacation which starts 25th Feb.
It's only too bad that my vacation money is in crypto. But I hope it will bounce back somewhat in early March so I don't have to sell half my portfolio.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ukjames007

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:06:51 PM

try last day on earth Smiley
SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:27:43 PM

If it's an obsession then you should definitely take a break, and i assume you are investing more than you can afford to lose or you wouldn't be obsessed. Just do things you enjoy to get your mind out of it, but not gonna lie, if you really invested a long portion of your wealth, it will be hard not to worry, since that's a big deal.

cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:13:18 PM

I really dont have any advice to give you at this moment though you dont need much of it I think. But I think you make a wise decision. Its really a hard cryptocurrency world no one can guess. Furthermore the price of cryptocurrencies are going down.So it is the right time to take rest.Enjoy your vacation Grin.
Cgrbb

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

so what ?
derigop

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:20:19 PM

Don't give men. Just pursue what you have been started. Just remember there will always rainbow after the rain. Maybe this is worst time in your life but there will be the day that your success will come.
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

Now as a break time is correct, the recent bitcoin price volatility is too great, before it is stable can temporarily do not have to worry about the operation, peace of mind to enjoy your holiday, Bro
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:27:06 PM

I'm going to uninstall all crypto tracking apps from my phone and pick up some good video games to keep me busy until my vacation which starts 25th Feb.
It's only too bad that my vacation money is in crypto. But I hope it will bounce back somewhat in early March so I don't have to sell half my portfolio.

I fully understand that a mining operation may be very involving, even if it is small. You constantly monitor your hardware (computers? ASICS?) for a correct temperature, have to drive to unplug it if it gets hot and you're not there, you always look for ways to optimize it, all that time observing difficulty and price of the assets. I fully understand it.  

I wish you luck mate. If you reached that decision, it must have been a right decision.

Sukovsky

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:28:20 PM

I'd say enjoy the rebound to wherever it goes and then exit if you must. But we've just hit the bottom of the channel.
HERMESH KAUR

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:46:51 PM

It is a personal issue to take break or not. It is said that excess everything is bad particularly obsession about anything.
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:54:36 PM

It is a time to know the strong minded ones,that are really good investors,such ones do not mind the market they keep their hands across and watch when they will go home with their huge return as the market bonce back.You can just take a good rest  while your investment is running.
qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:56:44 PM

If you really do not have to worry about it is OK, Bitcoin volatility now too much change, if you do not pay attention may actually be a lot of losses. It is our attitude to stay optimistic, but we can not lose our cautiousness because we are overly optimistic.
TheySeeMeHodlingTheyHatin

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:58:27 PM

so what ?

this !!

stop spamming the forum with useless threads like that !

you wanna take a break ? take it

dont wanna take a break ? dont !

no one cares !
princesspoppy

Activity: 634

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Yeah, you should probably take a break. If you feel like keeping track in any cryptos and dealing with it that you feel like it's becoming an obsession than a hobby and past time, it's really not helping you right now. You really need to have time for yourself and rest for a couple of days or weeks and be free from stress crypto world is giving you. With the price of crytocoins especially BTC, we can't deny the fact that somehow, we feel worried about the future of cryptos and also wanting to buy more now that it is in its dipping price and yes you really need a break from all of it. Feel free from stress and enjoy doing other things than monitoring cryptos. Just come back with clear mind and enjoy profits when BTCs price recovers anytime sooner.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:27:38 PM

Yes, things that involve obsession always need some break and i think right now the market conditions are also not good and not supporting to the crypto traders. So it is better to take a break as your statement shows that your trading skills are not good and even you have lost which you could not afford and that's why you have stuck with many streaks of losses. I think you can even try your luck in Mining because if trading does not suit you then you can go for Mining but you need a big capital for that and good environmental surroundings near you.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:32:49 PM

Good. It's good to unwind after some hard work. Stay safe.

Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

Your mindset and your strategy mean you can make money.
Because historically, people who have made money from cryptocurrency markets are long-term holders, and all we can do is wait and wait for the bull market to come.

Gregoryxl

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:14:58 PM
Merited by Slow death (1)

Just do not invest more, wait to see what happens with the market... Leave everything in a stop and try to generate income with your regular work.
sandwichman1

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:16:05 PM
Merited by Simon pasco (1)

When you count holder, it's better to get away anyway, it's the best way to make money in the long run
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

I feel for you and at the same time don't pity you for some reasons

1. You purposely made a decision which you felt was the right one but because things are not turning out the way you want, you are planning to dump. You have been actively involved for six months as you have said want do people who have been involved since the beginning to have seen several crashes and recovery even when it seems impossible. You see this game is not for the softhearted and you are not the only one who is very much invested in things so keep calm.

2. You lament about your vacation fund already into bitcoin. Times without number it has been said not to invest what you cannot afford to lose or better still what you won't need in the short term and six months is pretty short term to me. But you choose to ignore that because of the amount of envisaged profit that seems sure at the time.

The only thing left now is to hope because that what you have got  to do now as nothing from your end can change situation if things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: