Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New rig not stable, 3x1060s installed  (Read 111 times)
obay (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:39:48 PM

So my rig isn't stable as of yet, I need to install the new bios I think, however it keeps crashing, so I installed two fans to try and control the heat a bit more - maybe I have done any suggestions please comment below as I am stumped now!

https://youtu.be/zASb2qSZ8dg
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:47:20 PM

So my rig isn't stable as of yet, I need to install the new bios I think, however it keeps crashing, so I installed two fans to try and control the heat a bit more - maybe I have done any suggestions please comment below as I am stumped now!

Even though you have a fan pointed at it the problem could still be heat-related.  Crank your temp threshold down to around 60 and work your way up from there assuming it is stable at 60.  Didn't watch the whole video, but if you have anything overclocked turn that down as well and work your way back up.

I have noticed a difference in stability among algorithms as well.  I can't mine UFO for example for any length before my miners shit the bed.

obay (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

Even though you have a fan pointed at it the problem could still be heat-related.  Crank your temp threshold down to around 60 and work your way up from there assuming it is stable at 60.  Didn't watch the whole video, but if you have anything overclocked turn that down as well and work your way back up.

I have noticed a difference in stability among algorithms as well.  I can't mine UFO for example for any length before my miners shit the bed.

Hi!

That makes sense, maybe nicehash isn't 100% perfect for my rig. I'll need to do a bit more investigation, it was 100% stable with ethreium...

is there any other program like nicehash out there?
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:56:42 PM

Even though you have a fan pointed at it the problem could still be heat-related.  Crank your temp threshold down to around 60 and work your way up from there assuming it is stable at 60.  Didn't watch the whole video, but if you have anything overclocked turn that down as well and work your way back up.

I have noticed a difference in stability among algorithms as well.  I can't mine UFO for example for any length before my miners shit the bed.

Hi!

That makes sense, maybe nicehash isn't 100% perfect for my rig. I'll need to do a bit more investigation, it was 100% stable with ethreium...

What coins are giving you problems? Also, what temps are your cards running at when mining?
obay (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:04:46 AM

Hi!

What coins are giving you problems? Also, what temps are your cards running at when mining?

With the new 'desk' fans installed I'm now not getting past 40c on the machine, however I've under clocked the gpu's that was giving me problems and it's been fine since..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: