Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:00:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Hackintosh built-to-order  (Read 1199 times)
sounds (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:33:17 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2013, 05:01:17 AM by sounds

Here goes my first attempt to sell! I can build to order and I will check that Mac OS X 10.8.4 runs correctly, including iTunes, iMessage, and the Apple App Store. Please PM me with your order. We will need to agree on the BTC price and I will submit the newegg order when I have 6 confirmations of BTC payment. I will ship UPS Ground (or any UPS if we agree) when all the parts arrive, plus 2 business days for testing.

Here is an example build for a budget hackintosh:

A Mac Desktop for BTC equalling $529 (as of right now, 3.70 BTC). I'll build it for you and include a step-by-step PDF of what I did. Compare that to the cheapest Apple product -- $699, or you can downgrade to 4GB for $599 but that significantly limits the machine's abilities.

Here is my wallet address: 1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

Upgrades:

One of the best things about a Hackintosh is - standard parts! I don't supply the monitor, keyboard, webcam, and speakers because you will want to get the ones that you like the most. Please consider ordering a DVI or HDMI monitor, keyboard, webcam, or speakers. You may already have ones you can use. For less than $100 you will be able to use the hackintosh right away.

Here are some upgrade options, with the price difference:

The Install Guide PDF

Take control of your hackintosh. I ship the computer with everything installed and working. But Mac OS is distributed by Apple as a digital download, so please consider dedicating a USB key as a backup, storing Mac OS and the additional bits needed to make the hackintosh work. Then you can reinstall, upgrade, dual/triple/quad boot as you wish.

Everything Tested

This is what makes it all worth it. I have the experience building hackintoshes and know where problems might pop up. I'll write everything down for you.

NO WARRANTY

This is why it's called a hackintosh. I can't guarantee the machine will work with Mac OS into the future. If you have specific questions about things you need it to do, I can point you to the right places to start searching.

But the software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. The hardware has been powered on and works when it ships, but there are no returns/refunds/exchanges. If you want to try to negotiate case-by-case I may be able to help you, but NO GUARANTEE.

I also cannot do escrow because I need to use the funds to buy the equipment. I am as open and detailed above, showing exactly what I do with the funds, so that escrow concerns are minimized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:10:55 PM

Looks good, I built my own hackintosh about a year ago now. Took me 2-3 days tinkering then it has been stable since then. I would recommend adding a service that includes installing the osx onto the operating system. If you have multiple builds going you can clone the drive instead of going through the lengthy setup. Good luck.

Message me if you have any problems
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:29:39 PM

I have a question,

Does this configuration run with a non-hacked version of OSX? basically an out of the box version?

besides the VGA port everything else works? Sound, Network, etc?

sounds (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:51:41 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 11:24:43 PM by sounds

joeventura: Yes, everything works: sound, network, USB, HDMI, DVI, SATA. Be aware that PCI-E cards may not work for lack of an OS X driver. No, the install is not a "non-hacked OS X." The hackintosh install process involves several pieces of software that tweak OS X so it will run. So strictly speaking yes it is a "hacked OS X."

For the $529 Core i3-3225 build, the ethernet works best if the link is working on boot up (so, plug the ethernet into a router or something on boot up). If the link is not working on boot up, the OS struggles to initialize the ethernet correctly every time, so sometimes the ethernet appears to ignore you when a cable is plugged in. Then you would need to reboot with the cable plugged in to resolve the issue. But if the cable was plugged in on boot up then you can plug and unplug the cable without any problems.

Beastlymac: Yes, I install OS X. I've updated the top post to make this more clear.

Please PM me for detailed information.
bcbigbud420

Activity: 171

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:52:08 PM

I have a question,

Does this configuration run with a non-hacked version of OSX? basically an out of the box version?

It is called a hackintosh for a reason Grin

sounds (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:00:44 AM

Doesn't seem to be that much interest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: