Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy to invest in crypto ?  (Read 5533 times)
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:24:30 PM

This is the Strategy I was following in crypto. This is the example.

buy coin 300A @1.00 = 300

Sell 150 @2.00 (Now you covered your initial investment(Excluding fee))
Sell 50 @3.00 = 150
Sell 50 @4.00 = 200
Keep remaining 50 for long term( If market is crashing you have to sell this proton immediately).

But this method can't apply if the market crash before it reaching to 2x. I would like to know the approaches/Strategies you are following and drawbacks of this method.

My strategy is I always look for coins which has a real use case,or has a working product already. Also i try to diversify my portfolio ranging from low-mid-high cap coins. I also do laddering when i buy or sell coins, just in case it dips more or it moons. And always keep a spare btc during flash crash, you can buy good alts at a bargain of the price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:39:20 PM

my strategy is to invest in excellent teams backed by successful investors and advisors and have a great project that can solve real problems. I invest in coins that have value or others perceive value in them, like for example privacy coins.

i'm looking for early stage projects that have low market cap and roughly 10x potential.
Well, that is a good strategy too but at the end of the day even if market should shoot up crazily, there would still be those red days knocking, so it is always god to prepare for them. I usually look out for FOMO buying on my holdings and sell into FOMO, if it is a crazy one, I always look out for that oversold zone when I know the market can easily come back down dropping like it is hot and then I sell out and wait for the perfect moment of accumulation again.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:51:58 PM

The thing I like about crypto is that it teaches you the importance of patience and time in the same way compound interest does. To build wealth you need to use patience and time.

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:06:04 PM

I needed to find several promising projects at the ICO level, as soon as they begin to sell their tokens on the Etherdelta, to purchase and expect the higt of quotations!
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:27:19 PM

I always follow these two rules so as not to lose a lot of money:

1- The more money there is in the account, the easier it is to trade. If you lose $10 when you have $1,000 in your account, you will not be particularly upset and will continue as planned. But if there is only $50 in your account, this could be unsettling and lead to mistakes and loss of the entire account. Not to mention the fact that in the first case there are 100 attempts to correct the situation, and in the second - only 4. It's simple arithmetic

2-Determine your maximum losses per day. For example, 15% of your capital. Once you reach the limit, stop trading no matter how "tasty" the situation on the market seems. Even if you think you see the trade of the century! Such premonitions are really mirages.
fromAtoZ

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:27:44 PM

Purchase a off wallet.
Buy bitcoins and wait.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:33:19 PM

These are interesting strategies. I want to pick up a few books this weekend on trading. I would like to learn real strategies that are based in proven methods and math. I want to learn charts and patterns. Any suggestions on what to read?

read the book and all about technical analysis.
technical analysis is about candle like candle pattern and also chart pattern.
learn all about that and also money management is a must to make all your trading is in planned.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

nowadays it is very difficult to find a strategy to invest. I also experienced many failures at this time. tired of crypto investment, I can not sell the coins because the price drops so drastically. may be one of the best ways if we do hold current. and wait to enter again at a lower price. because the possibility of a crash will still occur

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

I usually choose 4-5 coins and buy, depending on my forecasts, an average of $ 500. The main thing is not to invest everything in one coin

From the unset, putting all one's eggs into one basket is wrong. So I agree with you. I'm currently hodling  10-15 different tokens. Each holding valued around $500 - $5000. These are for long term. A new strategy I just adopted is buying off cheap ico tokens that went below ico prices and holding them.

kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:50:16 PM

There is no strategy for investing in crypto currency, it seems to me that the best solution for this is your luck and your attentiveness. She will be able to help you achieve success in your life, and if you are in a hurry, you will not have time.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Split your investment and then invest on some best altcoins because investing on a single coin is not a good idea.
Select coins on the basis of long or short term if you choose the worng coins then you can't make any profits.
MB2017

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

Diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:19:45 PM

Me also following the strategy like you. I had made some investment in eth and after every 2x profit I used to sell. It's my luck that before the market crash I already make the good profit. Now I am again waiting for 2x. I hope eth will soon hit 1500$  Cool
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:21:57 PM

Long-term investing in Buy & Hold

This is the most understandable and pleasant investment strategy. For example, you take a few promising coins: bitcoin and ethereum, look at REDL(info: https://goo.gl/ENu9CL). After the purchase, your task is to wait a long time for a big jump in the course. As practice shows, this strategy on the crypto currency market fully pays for itself.
alaricoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:23:37 PM

I do not trade. enter gradually without getting worried when there are downward shocks. Buy little and always. Then however it depends on personal strategies
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:24:42 PM

I use to trade in short term. I choose a coin which have regular predictable waves (+-20-30%) and set buy and sell orders on the bottom and top of these waves. And it most cases it works for me. I also tried the strategy that you described but it's applicable only for a long term trading.

The best trading strategy, risk-profit is the long term on. Short term trading will just make it impossible sleeping at night.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:24:52 PM

Long-term investing in Buy & Hold

This is the most understandable and pleasant investment strategy. For example, you take a few promising coins: bitcoin and ethereum, look at REDL(info: https://goo.gl/ENu9CL). After the purchase, your task is to wait a long time for a big jump in the course. As practice shows, this strategy on the crypto currency market fully pays for itself.

Investment: taking long-term positions, focusing more on macro Crypto economics and asset fundamentals.Trading: taking short-term positions, focusing more on market cycles and technical analysis.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

If you have, at any point, the opportunity to cover your initial investment and still have enough crypto to play around with: don't hesitate and do it. It will give you peace of mind and it will allow you to trade with a lot less emotion and make better choices.
Honestly, that has saved me a lot. I used to be very greedy and always look out for the best sell but one thing about the market is that nothing is predictable, but it is always better to have your own angle, what you are looking for and stick with it and one way or the other, when you have sold out at the top, the market will one way or the other in the next few months, come running back to mummy for safety and then I accumulate again for the future.
lynlyn

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

I use to trade in short term. I choose a coin which have regular predictable waves (+-20-30%) and set buy and sell orders on the bottom and top of these waves. And it most cases it works for me. I also tried the strategy that you described but it's applicable only for a long term trading.

The best trading strategy, risk-profit is the long term on. Short term trading will just make it impossible sleeping at night.
The best strategy for trading you must always monitoring the graphic movement of cryptocurrency.When the value of crypto coin was getting low just sell it and then when its get hight just buy crypto coins which have potential to grow.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:44:24 PM

My strategy is to invest in projects with a real product that will be useful for the society. I think that these coins will give the best result in a few years. This strategy requires a lot of patience and effort. But in the end it will bring a very high reward.

dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

This is the Strategy I was following in crypto. This is the example.

buy coin 300A @1.00 = 300

Sell 150 @2.00 (Now you covered your initial investment(Excluding fee))
Sell 50 @3.00 = 150
Sell 50 @4.00 = 200
Keep remaining 50 for long term( If market is crashing you have to sell this proton immediately).

But this method can't apply if the market crash before it reaching to 2x. I would like to know the approaches/Strategies you are following and drawbacks of this method.

This strategy will only work for altcoins that is pumping high and dumping low like Oyster Pearl PRL.
Most of the altcoins aren't really pumping for a long time but instead they remain on their price value range.
Crypto projects are one of the reasons why altcoins are pumping due to it's effectiveness and demand like Oyster PRL but otherwise, it's hard to find the best Altcoin that really has the good future and has the potential o be the next top altcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: