Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash didn't payout today  (Read 586 times)
JKresty

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:25:22 PM

Of course they did not pay.  Just keep on prolonging everything because people flocked back to them when they came back up. They have committed to paying 10% back with no timeline on the rest. Ridiculous if you ask me. They could come back and say 10% per year for 10 years.  The only way to force them to pay is to stop using them till then start payouts.  What is there incentive to pay back in a timely manner if everyone keeps using them?
They don't give you payout timeframe estimates because they don't have the money to pay out, duh.
They need people to mine and pay them their high fees to accumulate enough to start paying back over time. Without enough miners they cannot commit to a timeline. Sounds pretty logical to me.

What are their fees?

How would you suggest mining with minimal fees? At a pool with fees? With a miner that has dev fees? To a wallet that has TX fees? To an exchange which will charge TX fees? Seems like a lot of fees? You like Fees? You tires of reading about fees?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Of course they did not pay.  Just keep on prolonging everything because people flocked back to them when they came back up. They have committed to paying 10% back with no timeline on the rest. Ridiculous if you ask me. They could come back and say 10% per year for 10 years.  The only way to force them to pay is to stop using them till then start payouts.  What is there incentive to pay back in a timely manner if everyone keeps using them?
They don't give you payout timeframe estimates because they don't have the money to pay out, duh.
They need people to mine and pay them their high fees to accumulate enough to start paying back over time. Without enough miners they cannot commit to a timeline. Sounds pretty logical to me.

What are their fees?

How would you suggest mining with minimal fees? At a pool with fees? With a miner that has dev fees? To a wallet that has TX fees? To an exchange which will charge TX fees? Seems like a lot of fees? You like Fees? You tires of reading about fees?

Their fee is 2% if you're using the free daily cashout to coinbase avenue.  If your payout is sent to an external wallet, it's slightly higher.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:42:52 PM

I am almost sure they are HODL'ing yesterday's altcoins before selling.   So far it's paying off because alt coins are going back up right now.   They figure what they are thinking "why sell at -30% when it will go up 30% the next day.. "

well, if the dip continues, they are fucked.

And that could very well be why they did not make the daily payout today, nor the 10% payback from the hack.  For all I know, their could be running on very thin margins right now...

You can get your 10% payout from the hack now.  It's live.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:02:08 PM

Yes indeed.  Just processed mine.  Now I just need need my payment from yesterday.  At least they are making progress.  I'll stay on MPH for the time being though.
gotminer

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:09:00 PM

Yes indeed.  Just processed mine.  Now I just need need my payment from yesterday.  At least they are making progress.  I'll stay on MPH for the time being though.

Are you the guy that Vosk interviewed for his YouTube channel?  If so, you're doing amazing things over there!!!  Loved that video!

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:10:02 PM

According to the news article on their website the payment today was postponed until tomorrow due to the repayment (first 10% of the hacked funds) deal going live today.
gotminer

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:20:05 PM

According to the news article on their website the payment today was postponed until tomorrow due to the repayment (first 10% of the hacked funds) deal going live today.

That would have been my guess, but I wouldn't bet on anything with those guys at the moment.  I realize that the investigation into the security breach is still underway and they can't release some of the info about it, but still makes me a bit skeptical.  I just need more info.  I want the details.

On the other hand ... Now that they have added the free coinbase withdraw that can be done on a daily basis, the most you're ever going to lose is one day of profit, should something bad ever happen again.  But when I looked at the payout data on their site and saw that no one had been paid today, I did begin thinking ... Hmmm ... What's going on here.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:32:49 PM

That would have been my guess, but I wouldn't bet on anything with those guys at the moment.  I realize that the investigation into the security breach is still underway and they can't release some of the info about it, but still makes me a bit skeptical.  I just need more info.  I want the details.

On the other hand ... Now that they have added the free coinbase withdraw that can be done on a daily basis, the most you're ever going to lose is one day of profit, should something bad ever happen again.  But when I looked at the payout data on their site and saw that no one had been paid today, I did begin thinking ... Hmmm ... What's going on here.

Yeah I know what you mean. With the free daily coinbase withrawal option we have a few CPUs pointed there since they pay better then most places for Cryptonight, but we have all of our GPUs elsewhere and likely will keep it that way for the forseable future.
geekcryptogal (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

That would have been my guess, but I wouldn't bet on anything with those guys at the moment.  I realize that the investigation into the security breach is still underway and they can't release some of the info about it, but still makes me a bit skeptical.  I just need more info.  I want the details.

On the other hand ... Now that they have added the free coinbase withdraw that can be done on a daily basis, the most you're ever going to lose is one day of profit, should something bad ever happen again.  But when I looked at the payout data on their site and saw that no one had been paid today, I did begin thinking ... Hmmm ... What's going on here.

Yeah it's really nice the free coinbase transfer each day.  Then you can transfer to GDAX instantly for free.  Then do a Limit Order and pay no fee to convert to fiat, then hold the fiat there and buy the bitcoin low Smiley
It's really nice.  I believe GDAX is FDIC insured as well up to like 200k or 500k? i forget how much.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:09:15 AM

That would have been my guess, but I wouldn't bet on anything with those guys at the moment.  I realize that the investigation into the security breach is still underway and they can't release some of the info about it, but still makes me a bit skeptical.  I just need more info.  I want the details.

On the other hand ... Now that they have added the free coinbase withdraw that can be done on a daily basis, the most you're ever going to lose is one day of profit, should something bad ever happen again.  But when I looked at the payout data on their site and saw that no one had been paid today, I did begin thinking ... Hmmm ... What's going on here.

Yeah it's really nice the free coinbase transfer each day.  Then you can transfer to GDAX instantly for free.  Then do a Limit Order and pay no fee to convert to fiat, then hold the fiat there and buy the bitcoin low Smiley
It's really nice.  I believe GDAX is FDIC insured as well up to like 200k or 500k? i forget how much.

this is a bad idea. people think buy converting to fiat on their gdax account, that its not "really" fiat until they withdraw it. false. every single trade you make once your btc hit gdax is a taxable event. just hodl that shit. also, avoiding capital gains is 1 year from the day you can prove ownership.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:58:41 PM

this is a bad idea. people think buy converting to fiat on their gdax account, that its not "really" fiat until they withdraw it. false. every single trade you make once your btc hit gdax is a taxable event. just hodl that shit. also, avoiding capital gains is 1 year from the day you can prove ownership.

If you're talking about the US, capital gains applies to profit, not ownership. Your capital gains tax applies on profit made since establishing ownership, so if you were to transfer current Nicehash balances held from December? Depending on how long they were in your wallet, you would likely be allowed to declare a loss based on current USD value. So exchanging for GDAX might actually be tax beneficial right now (if you need the deduction)...

My two cents is that if you are dealing with enough money that this is an issue, you should talk to your accountant before making any big moves.

And to clarify (I know you were not saying this, just trying to make what I'm saying as clear as possible), taxable transactions are sales, so the transfer from Nicehash to Coinbase is not the problem part as the coin isn't being "sold".

EDIT TO ADD: Also Nicehash did pay out today if you signed up for the payback program.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:15:41 AM

Are you the guy that Vosk interviewed for his YouTube channel?  If so, you're doing amazing things over there!!!  Loved that video!

Thanks.  Yes, that was me.  Smiley

I have since switched to using Awesome Miner as my front end, but continue to mine the NiceHash Equihash pool using zm 0.5.8 miner.  Much nicer having control of all my miners from a single pane.
geekcryptogal (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:40:44 AM

CrazyDane, do you find yourself making more with AwesomeMiner compared to Nicehash?
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:47:40 AM

i ended up getting paid out. i dont use the nicehash software. i run my nicehash rig on equihash algo directly through smos. makes like easy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.miner&hl=en

i use that app to remotely track my earnings. it makes speculation a little easy because you can track your earnings for the week on a graph vs whattomine telling you your earnings at that given moment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: