Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When/How do you cash out? If ever?  (Read 574 times)
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:17:45 AM

after reciveing the alt coin we will not sell immidiatly we will wait for some time till the value get increase after that we will exchange the altcoins with the bitcoin and after that it will be eligible to convert as a cash
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:21:14 AM

Is it once you make a certain % profit? Or is it if you need the money? How do you feel about the fees? So on.

I set the target at the time i bought the coin/token, so when it reach the target price i will sell half of it and keep the rest until i am satisfied with the price. You should invest the money you can afford to lose and you should save your money every month so when you need money you have savings account that you can use, not your investment. The fee is not high, i considered it small so it's not a problem.

I like this approach too. It's also what people who are in the stock market advice to newbies. Having a target price, say 2x, ensures you have locked in a certain amount of profit. Allocate half of your tokens for that. Cash out when you reach the target price. The remaining coins or tokens, you can play or hold longer.
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:22:47 AM

I would set a percentage every six months or so that you wish to cash out and stick to that plan. Weather that be 10% or 50% , whatever you feel comfortable with.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:24:50 AM

Cash out has to be part of your strategy as a trader. I did this very, very early on when I cashed out all the Bitcoin I ever used to trade for alts, and left back the profits to continously trade in alts. So I know that if one day I ever lose all my coins' value, I will actually have never spent anything else other than time.

But early this year, I made new BTC purchases for alts (and those are now in red) so but again, as soon as markets recover, I will sell off enough to cash out all the Bitcoin I put in.

Of course, if Bitcoin itself dies, then whatever I invest and still continue to (buying more BTC with fiat) will be gone. That one, I do not have a cash out strategy for, since I consider every dollar I put into BTC as a more or less lifetime investment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:33:23 AM

Of course everyone will cash out when need money and have got a profit and a definite when the price is suitable. Bitcoin and altcoin are like savings, we will use them when needed. I think bitcoin and altcoin are created for us to earn money the easy way, so any bitcoin user will think that the money they invest and they hold, in future will increase in number and can be used at any time when they need it.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

You cash out some profits so you have money on the side to buy when things get into a good price to buy more.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:47:07 AM

I have two different strategies while trading.

A) The strategy I use when trading stocks: I buy the stocks I like (entry strategy is a whole other matter) and after they've made a good run (usualy more than a month) I start selling on small quantities in every spike up. The next time there is a decent correction (for US stock market, that's about 5% - 10% depending on the stock) I buy back again for every X$ the stock would fall. For example I've sold Nvidia once at 200 and 210 levels, then I bought at 175, 165 and I think 155 or something. Then it went where it's now Tongue

B) The above works fine when you invest in stocks that are doing really well. But if you want to get a bit more greedy, since we're in the boom of blockchain technology... play it risky and HODL!
If you deversify between different coins and pick only those that promise to solve real world isseus, making our world better, you're most likely going to profit the most by holding for the whole 2018.

My coins of choice are XRP, ARK and ETN. ETH is also good but I don't know how I feel about it at those price levels.
Torsha

Activity: 109
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:47:31 AM

Today I'm only investing. Every month, I invest in CRYPTO 20% of my income. I do not need to transfer money to FIAT. I'm prone to this rule.
I have long been distributing income in this way:
50% - monthly expenses.
20% - investment
10% - rest
10% - education (I spend as necessary)
10% donation (help to relatives)
jamesdean35

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:49:53 AM

I will never do that because it is our future and some day I dont need to cash out  so I wont never cash out complately.

onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:00:04 AM

It is very important to cash out at the right time. The value of the coins you have in a day can be cut in half.
You can wait for months to return at the same prices. This is why it is difficult but a very important choice when to exit Smiley

Kivalar

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:21:51 AM

after reciveing the alt coin we will not sell immidiatly we will wait for some time till the value get increase after that we will exchange the altcoins with the bitcoin and after that it will be eligible to convert as a cash
Why to Nitcoin and only than to cash?
I'm going to hold some % of my investments a long time, maybe a year, some % immediately invest in ICOs or exchange to $. I have ethereum, so not so high fees
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:24:50 AM

Initially i was taking profit for 2x or 3x gain after some time i found the original crypto strategy HODL now i am holding my assets . not selling anymore keeping that to create fortune for me otherwise it should be nothing . Now i am handling most of transaction and withdrawal using ether .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
samamatara

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:26:53 AM

It's actually becoming a bit difficult to withdraw, need to find a trustworthy exchange that allows no-fuss fiat withdrawal.
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:40:55 AM

The fee for transferring crypto currency to Fiat varies from country to country. Therefore, it is necessary to talk about tariffs for translation in the context of a specific country.
gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:01:19 AM

I did cash out when I made big profit etc I trade 20 eth and if I make 24 eth for a day I spend 1 ethereum.nowadays,when market going bad I never sold anything
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:08:38 AM

I have already made a strategy to withdraw 10% of crypt into fiat and then invest that fiat into metals when i reach a certain percentage. Its always good to diversify your portfolio.

Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:11:34 AM

I adhere to a simple strategy - I deduce such a quantity of money in Fiat, which does not exceed the profitability of coins
how did you dedice your money in fiat can u teach me how cause its very interesting so im looking forward for your help and i wish you have a good day thanks

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:17:45 AM

It is important to set a target when u are investing or trading. This target will be different for investors and traders.

I am a investor and I am buying for long term. Each month I will evaluate my portfolio and those altcoins that I think have reach their potential, I
will sell and then reinvest into my "base". My base is eth and neo. So these 2 are my safe haven. I move all profits into them.

When Eth reaches 2000, I will sell half of it and take the profits to reinvest into my dividend paying stocks portfolio. This is for my retirement portfolio.

When Neo reaches 400, i will sell half and wait for NEO to reach 1000 to sell the remaining half. Add to retirement portfolio.

And along the way, I am doing small trading and accumulating all profits to my base.

Each of us will have a target and we should be discipline in adhering to them

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:20:33 AM

Has anyone tried transferring crypto to paypal? Is it worth it?
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:23:21 AM

Usually I cash out when I badly needed any amount of money but if not, then I let on my wallet and let the price increase first. Usually I set a target amounr of price for the coins to reached before I cash it out, the set amount is based on the movement of the coins price on the past weeks or months.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: