Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much does a Baikal Giant+ A2000 @ 2000Mh/S really worth these days ?  (Read 205 times)
Perseqtor (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:13:26 PM

Always was into Bitmain's Antminers since a month ago when I first heard about Baikal. Making an order on Baikal's site is like a ride on a rollercoaster and basicly if you're not a high roller you can't get your hands on their miners, they're only selling a minimum of 6 pieces x Giant X10 or Giant B these days, at $7000 a piece so... minimum order $42.000, which is crazy for a casual such as myself. However I ran into a dude who resides in the same city I live in, "a friend of a friend" so to speak, who ownes ( besides many other ASIC miners ) a single Baikal Giant+ A2000. Here what Nicehash's profitability calculator says : https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/baikal-giant?e=0.1&currency=USD , so... taking all factors ( algorhytm difficulty increase, overall cryptocurrency market drop lately, etc. ) into consideration... how much do you estimate a Baikal Giant+ A2000 is really worth these days ? I am asking because the dude is obviously willing in selling it and I am obviously interested in buying it, I just need a good evaluation. So what do you guys think ? Thanks in advance.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:07:07 AM

What is the price they are asking?
gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:55:30 AM

The fact the guy is willing to sell it speaks for itself.
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:17:47 AM

If the price is good, go for it.  Baikal miners sip electricity and the legacy machines run on algorithms no other ASIC will touch.  The way I see it, folks with older Baikals have a hearty miner that could last for years to come, as long as no one else reenter the X13/X15/Qbit/Quark realm.  No one knows the future.

Find your TRUE electricity costs after taxes & fees while factoring any additional accessories (PSU, cables, network gear, etc).  Try to negotiate a deal, don't take his first offer.

I have a Giant A900 (900MHs) and a Mini-Quad (600MHs) kept on Nicehash for the auto-algo switching with the built in script.  I prefer Nicehash as I don't want assorted dust from a hundred different shitcoins.  The combo alone more-than-covers the electricity costs of the rest of my farm.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
Perseqtor (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

Well thanks but you still haven't answered my question. Speaking of my question, I specifically phrased it like that so I don't get some simple "YES" / "NO" answers that would mean nothing to me. So, again... how much do you estimate a Baikal Giant+ A2000 is really worth these days ?
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:57:05 AM

price now about 2000$ on ebay, profit about 8-12$/day with nicehash (x13, x15)
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:54:51 AM

Well thanks but you still haven't answered my question. Speaking of my question, I specifically phrased it like that so I don't get some simple "YES" / "NO" answers that would mean nothing to me. So, again... how much do you estimate a Baikal Giant+ A2000 is really worth these days ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngKT3MIfwpo

How much you want to pay is your choice.  I was offering variables to keep in mind.  They may be worth more than your typical hardware miner in the long run as it mines algos the new stuff is ignoring.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
Perseqtor (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:26:18 PM

Seems I'm getting nowhere with my original question so... screw it, I can get it for $1000. The dude wants $1500. But I know I can get it from him with $1000. So, at least don't tell me "yes, it's a steal" or "no, way too expensive" without a few arguements to back it up. Hit me !
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:44:01 PM

Seems I'm getting nowhere with my original question so... screw it, I can get it for $1000. The dude wants $1500. But I know I can get it from him with $1000. So, at least don't tell me "yes, it's a steal" or "no, way too expensive" without a few arguements to back it up. Hit me !

You were asking for buying advice without giving us the most important part of the equation.  If we said it was "worth it"... and you paid $10K... we'd all be fools.  It's "worth" is what you are willing to pay, and what you will recoup out of it over a period of time.

What does "worth it" mean to you?  Are you happy with a potential to recoup your capital in 120 days?  180 days?  365 days?

Is it worth $10K?  Sure, if you are willing to wait a very long time.  Is it worth $2K?  Sure.  Is it worth $1K?  Yeah, even better than $2K.
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:50:13 PM

2k is a fair price until a new ONION miner comes out Cheesy

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Perseqtor (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

You were asking for buying advice without giving us the most important part of the equation.  If we said it was "worth it"... and you paid $10K... we'd all be fools.  It's "worth" is what you are willing to pay, and what you will recoup out of it over a period of time.

What does "worth it" mean to you?  Are you happy with a potential to recoup your capital in 120 days?  180 days?  365 days?

Is it worth $10K?  Sure, if you are willing to wait a very long time.  Is it worth $2K?  Sure.  Is it worth $1K?  Yeah, even better than $2K.

You're missing the point. I did not ask IF it was worth it but HOW MUCH is it worth now days. And by that I was implying a comparison between prices ( both from the source and resellers if they're out of stock ) of other miners out there, estimated ROI, and some other things. I got my answer, I'm ok with 2K as long as 2 different guys said so. Therefore I will buy it from him with 1K, next week. Thank y'all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: