Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 05:09:18 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANACS PROCEDURE CHANGE....update  (Read 931 times)
Fattcatt (OP)

Activity: 1921
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:32:02 PM
Merited by eddie13 (1), iCEBREAKER (1)

Has anyone called them recently, say like in the last 7 days or so? Are they in production with real slabs going to the consumers yet? Am I the only one that wants to call
them and ask for my property back, there's got to be others out there that feel like me. Price increase and different color inserts or not, talk about things getting out of hand..... Roll Eyes
on many different levels. Please, anyone with updates?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1973

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:50:46 PM

Has anyone called them recently, say like in the last 7 days or so? Are they in production with real slabs going to the consumers yet? Am I the only one that wants to call
them and ask for my property back, there's got to be others out there that feel like me. Price increase and different color inserts or not, talk about things getting out of hand..... Roll Eyes

Hi, yes I called them again just the other day, and was assured that any/all coins submitted before they officially change the PDF form with the updated price will be charged 19 per coin.

(So I sent another order today, hahaha, and fuck them trying to tell me I can't send more yet).

Anyhow, the story now is that they are just waiting on the new inserts, which should be in in the next week or so, then things will start moving again. I asked why couldn't they at least post the grades up for my outstanding orders, but she said that part is in the last piece of the "production & shipping/QA" so they could not. I'm assuming that means my coins have been at least graded and are just waiting on inserts.

Please call if you want, I encourage everyone to call, keep busting their balls over this, I do every week at least... Tongue

That said, she did say the form has been updated with the new price (it has not), so send your orders in asap if you want to get the 19 dollar price.

Thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Ticked

Activity: 1526
Merit: 473

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:52:35 PM

Hi, yes I called them again just the other day, and was assured that any/all coins submitted before they officially change the PDF form with the updated price will be charged 19 per coin.

(So I sent another order today, hahaha, and fuck them trying to tell me I can't send more yet).

Anyhow, the story now is that they are just waiting on the new inserts, which should be in in the next week or so, then things will start moving again. I asked why couldn't they at least post the grades up for my outstanding orders, but she said that part is in the last piece of the "production & shipping/QA" so they could not. I'm assuming that means my coins have been at least graded and are just waiting on inserts.

Please call if you want, I encourage everyone to call, keep busting their balls over this, I do every week at least... Tongue

That said, she did say the form has been updated with the new price (it has not), so send your orders in asap if you want to get the 19 dollar price.

Thanks

Welp, sounds likeI got a box or 4 to send and a form to learn.  Thanks for the update.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:09:42 AM

So today I logged in, and poof --- my whole order screen is just blank... Sad

I missed them by 5 minutes due to timezones, but now I'm kinda pissed. They were showing this morning, but still "In process" of course...  Cry

Anyone else able to see their outstanding crypto orders? This is getting really sad...  Cry

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1754

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:25:55 AM

I missed them by 5 minutes due to timezones, but now I'm kinda pissed. They were showing this morning, but still "In process" of course...  Cry

Anyone else able to see their outstanding crypto orders? This is getting really sad...  Cry

Just checked, mine still shows "IN PROCESS - GRADING" and comically shows a ship back to me date of 14 January.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

I missed them by 5 minutes due to timezones, but now I'm kinda pissed. They were showing this morning, but still "In process" of course...  Cry

Anyone else able to see their outstanding crypto orders? This is getting really sad...  Cry

Just checked, mine still shows "IN PROCESS - GRADING" and comically shows a ship back to me date of 14 January.

Well at least all your orders are not just gone!.. it literally says I have no orders?? Fuck, I didn't feel like calling them tomorrow either... Thanks! Tongue

Edit - I'm hoping it's an email address issue, I realized I started using a different one, but that was a few orders ago (I have 5 in there right now lol.. First was supposed to be shipped 12/26/17)! Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:28:19 AM

Thanks Mj... I emailed them to change my email and have a look/fix it... Let us know if anything moves in your account, I will do the same... Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
JUPITYR

Activity: 466
Merit: 74

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:59:19 AM

My order is still showing as "processing".  It had an expected ship date of 1/2/18.  Order arrived to ANACS in early December.  
silverstar43
Copper Member

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

always a satoshi short

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:21:50 AM

Shocked Sorry to hear that, I wanted some coins graded too, but afraid to mail it in.

I noticed ANACS attend coin shows where they accept submissions.
But, I am going to safer route and attend one with an onsite ANACS grader.

http://www.anacs.com/contentPages/CoinShows.aspx
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:34:34 AM

I got my account straightened out due to email issues, but still no movements... Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:15:57 AM

Ok, just coming across this news tonight. Sounds like I should get my order in, which I've been procrastinating on for at least a year.

Would it be appropriate for me to ask a few questions about filling out the form?

I've read the ANACS FAQ, still have a few questions:
  • When you list the variety details on the form do they use that verbatim to print on the label or do they know what should be printed for the year, denomination, etc?
  • What do you list for mint mark?
  • As anyone here ever elected the conservation option? This sounds like an easy way for them to fuck up a coin's appearance
  • Do you list the actual declared value or stick to the "maximum" for the cryptocurrency type?

If anyone's willing to field these questions, thank you very much!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:47:52 AM

I posted this in the other thread...why do we have 2 of the same threads anyways?

So going on day 70 for my first batch of 3 orders sitting at ANACS. I was just told that the new labels finally arrived yesterday and our coins will be bumped to the front of the line since they have sat for so long. According to ANACS my first batch should ship by the middle of next week at the latest. Not that this is a surprise, but they really do not give a shit about the crypto collectors at all. I will not be using them again after the total lack of communication on my orders. I am amazed that they did not even take the 2 minutes to send me a simple email....

"Yo dawg we got new labelz on da way yo shiz gonna be late" - That would have been acceptable rather than me having to call and email them for my stuff...

JUPITYR

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:00:34 PM

You are right on the money Blazed.  They have made a decent amount of "coin" being one of the only 3PG's to grade cryptos, yet they treat us like the red-headed stepchildren.  No responses to any of my emails.  When I called a couple of weeks back I got the same BS store about labels, expect they told me the labels would be in last week and that my order would ship this week.  So they just keep telling the same story and advancing it by a week.

And don't they just print all of their own labels and backgrounds anyway?

FWIW....ICG has said that they will grade cryptos as tokens.  Might want to check them out:  icgcoin.com
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:20:59 PM

You are right on the money Blazed.  They have made a decent amount of "coin" being one of the only 3PG's to grade cryptos, yet they treat us like the red-headed stepchildren.  No responses to any of my emails.  When I called a couple of weeks back I got the same BS store about labels, expect they told me the labels would be in last week and that my order would ship this week.  So they just keep telling the same story and advancing it by a week.

FWIW....ICG has said that they will grade cryptos as tokens.  Might want to check them out:  icgcoin.com

I will be the guinea pig on this one - I will crack one of my ANACS graded Cas Brass from its holder and send it to ICG.  Should be able to do this in the next 2 weeks or so.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:29:18 PM

You are right on the money Blazed.  They have made a decent amount of "coin" being one of the only 3PG's to grade cryptos, yet they treat us like the red-headed stepchildren.  No responses to any of my emails.  When I called a couple of weeks back I got the same BS store about labels, expect they told me the labels would be in last week and that my order would ship this week.  So they just keep telling the same story and advancing it by a week.

FWIW....ICG has said that they will grade cryptos as tokens.  Might want to check them out:  icgcoin.com

I will be the guinea pig on this one - I will crack one of my ANACS graded Cas Brass from its holder and send it to ICG.  Should be able to do this in the next 2 weeks or so.

Oh... you mean like this Cheesy

Why are the cases wobbly shaped?

I am curious how they cross grade, were those previously ANACS graded?

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:46:51 PM

I will be the guinea pig on this one - I will crack one of my ANACS graded Cas Brass from its holder and send it to ICG.  Should be able to do this in the next 2 weeks or so.

I got this coin from Pistachio a while back, so I don't think it ever made it to ANACS

Please crack out 5 ANACS slabs and send to ICG to see how the grades match up.

Thanks!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:52:51 PM

I got this coin from Pistachio a while back, so I don't think it ever made it to ANACS

Please crack out 5 ANACS slabs and send to ICG to see how the grades match up.

Thanks!

Will do and report back!!! Cheesy

I can't believe that worked!  I buy you several drinks next Thursday.

JUPITYR

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

All of the 3PG's try and doe something unique to their holders to differentiate themselves from other 3PG holders.  ICG just chose to put a little "dent" in the sides of theirs. 
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 3379

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:15:20 PM

All of the 3PG's try and doe something unique to their holders to differentiate themselves from other 3PG holders.  ICG just chose to put a little "dent" in the sides of theirs. 

It looks a good place to Hodl onto with fingers. Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2676
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:26:20 PM

ICG just chose to put a little "dent" in the sides of theirs.  

Actually, those ICG slabs were originally straight-sided / rectangular, but since the recent dip in BTC value, the sides have started to shrink inward. Once BTC value goes back up, you'll see the sides expanding outward again. (It's pretty cool slab tech. Elon Musk was behind that, IIRC.)

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: