Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In which countries is officially legalized bitcoin?  (Read 197 times)
signalbitbot (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 08:54:50 PM

In which countries is officially legalized bitcoin?
Belarus, Ukraine and the countries of Asia - are exactly loyal.
Finland too.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kasliono

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:59:08 AM

I don't know exactly how many countries that do so. I only know several of them such as Japan, UK, US, Brazil, China (Maybe), Bali Indonesia too but righ now is not because of Bank Indonesia already banned using bitcoin as a transaction to buy or sell something. We just can use bitcoin as a digital asset.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:21:13 AM

As I know Japan, US, UK, South Korea, that country already legalized bitcoin. Another country I don't where already officially legalized.
I hope in my country, my government will legalized bitcoin in the future, and many country will legalized bitcoin and do transactions with bitcoin as a payment.
honorato

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:58:59 AM
Merited by makolz26 (1)

So far base from reading:

Japan is embracing it
South Korea  is playing (the biggest gainers)
China the biggest player
Russia - might create their own coin (#rubbles)
Singapore - is watching ( preparing #SGPay)
India - aware of crypto but still not into it
UK - Confirmed..
others are watching ..
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:03:03 PM

As I know Japan, US, UK, South Korea, that country already legalized bitcoin. Another country I don't where already officially legalized.
I hope in my country, my government will legalized bitcoin in the future, and many country will legalized bitcoin and do transactions with bitcoin as a payment.
It is okay, for as long as they are not banning it right? Just like here in our country they are not closing the door for this kind of cryptocurrency as they are still on their process in acknowledging it and understand them as it is not that easy to study this one how it will going to become legal  but what matters most is it is welcome here in our country.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

Finland too.

think this has been discussed in length before
since you are too lazy to use search button,here you are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory
https://www.coindesk.com/information/is-bitcoin-legal/
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/technology/where-is-bitcoin-legal/
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/041515/countries-where-bitcoin-legal-illegal.asp
https://howmuch.net/articles/bitcoin-legality-around-the-world

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
xankor

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:38:33 PM

I know that in China no
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:34:34 PM

Finland too.

What do you mean in 'officially legalized'? Its officially legalized everywhere where it is not forbidden by special norms from legislative body,and if in X country there are no general/special norms it means that its legal if it doesn't against general norms of criminal or private law.
So your question's answer is simple: Everywhere where is not general/special norms.In additional,I've heard that there are many countries which are against  bitcoin,but don't trust unconfirmed/untrusted sources/users because its just a speculative behaviour of people and from negative media.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:53:40 AM

Finland too.

Just to give you the summary, here are some countries regarding their legality towards bitcoin:

• China - Some ICOs were restricted and the country has issued some implementations about the utilisation of bitcoins. Since they are also considered as one of the biggest bitcoin population, their restriction resulted to a massive decrease on the price of bitcoins before.
    • Hongkong - The country accepts bitcoin as the CEO of HKMA said in a statement that 'bitcoin' is just a virtual thing. They do not see it as a threat as of the moment and the country is probably lenient towards it.
    • Indonesia - The Central Bank of India has issued a warning about bitcoin, stating that they do not see it as a currency and people utilising such may break the laws. Due to this, cryptocurrencies in general are not acceptable to the country.
    • India - The status of bitcoin in India remains uncertain as the government is reluctant about its use. The government had issued several statements and warnings when using bitcoin onto transactions.
    • Israel - Fortunately, the government has not yet issued any warning statements or prohibitions with regards to bitcoin. They even stated that bitcoin may be used as a tool for lawyers as a legitimate instalment strategy.
    • Japan - The country accepts bitcoin as an alternative currency and they see its potential in the market. The government acknowledges its utilisation while being supportive to cryptocurrencies as well. They also encourage the general public into utilising such.
    • Kyrgyzstan - According to their national law, the use of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies is illegal.
    • Philippines - The BSP (Central Bank) issued some statements regarding transacting into bitcoin as it poses risks to individuals. Nevertheless, the BSP has not regulated cryptocurrencies in general and the country's lenient towards it.
    • Singapore - One of the few countries who see bitcoin as something that is beneficial to the public.

Here is the link if you want to view the whole legality of bitcoin in ASIA: http://www.coinnewsasia.com/legality-by-country-asia/
    [/list]

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
    ████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
    ████████▌███▐████
    ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
    ████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
    LLBIT
      CRYPTO   
    FUTURES
     1,000x 
    LEVERAGE
    COMPETITIVE
        FEES    
     INSTANT 
    EXECUTION
       TRADE NOW   
    makolz26

Activity: 714
    Merit: 254

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 10:07:42 AM

Here in our country, a lot of studies were conducting now just for this to become legal, we all know that it benefits a lot in each individual and in most countries that accepts bitcoin, so I think that time will come that those who hated bitcoin will eventually love it not because they are benefiting from it but because they would see the potential factor it brought to each individual and how transactions are becoming easy with the help of this one.
    castiel0504

Activity: 266
    Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 12:42:44 PM

So far base from reading:

Japan is embracing it
    South Korea  is playing (the biggest gainers)
    China the biggest player
    Russia - might create their own coin (#rubbles)
    Singapore - is watching ( preparing #SGPay)
    India - aware of crypto but still not into it
    UK - Confirmed..
    others are watching ..

And currently in mine is in totally Gray Area.. You don't know if its legal or not(Serbia). Our National Bank said "Bitcoin is not currency". And thats it, they are not doing anything legal against people tempering with it. You can buy/sell/mine do whatever you want. They don't care. I'm feeling kinda lucky(maybe its legal even if its gray area) but its freedom anyways.
    Biscutard

Activity: 759
    Merit: 105

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 01:44:07 PM

I think no countries are banning bitcoin because it doesn't give any problem to them and the only problem is that those people who used bitcoin in a ponzi scheme that's why my theory is that most of the countries are not really against at bitcoin but they still want their people to be aware of the ponzi scheme that most scammers using the word 'investment' in bitcoin. Most people that doesn't really have a knowledge of bitcoin will just invest and invest not knowing that it does fluctuate due to the people's demand and other factors.
    Dithery

Activity: 14

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 01:48:04 PM

Hi, it's legalized in south africa ?
    jmolinass839

Activity: 11

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

Finland too.
    Well, we have Russia, Japan, in Australia domestic services can be paid, even the UN itself has been conducting research and studies to start using cryptocurrencies.
    jmolinass839

Activity: 11

View Profile
    February 16, 2018, 03:22:11 PM

Hi, it's legalized in south africa ?
    South Africa is taking steps to regulate cryptocurrencies, has been among the slowest of advanced economies to begin to develop a legal apparatus for cryptocurrencies, which accumulates criticism for not accepting virtual currencies and blockchain technology before.
    Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: