Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What I learnt by losing money to HOQU.io ICO scam  (Read 213 times)
caloriecoin (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:08:11 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 10:08:48 AM by caloriecoin

Update: Received HOQU tokens finally after 30 follow ups.

Guys & Gals,

Before you invest in any ICO, check the credibility of the team, if none of them has LinkedIn profile or their LinkedIn profile
has less than 500 connections.

Avoid the ICO like shit.

For example, check https://www.hoqu.io/team/

Whole team looks like bunch of thugs who have come together to loot your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
001Blockchain

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:08:56 PM

whats happend to them? you invested some on ?
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:54:40 PM

tokens received today
please be sure before talking of scam

this Ico distributed the token after token sale(as they were annuncing on their webpage statement)
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

Many people not focused on their linkedin bro. Linkedin it's not one of based to conclude those ico scam or not.
Less connection in linkedin is OK if the profile is genuine, not fake profile
BushuevNic

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:18:42 PM

Well, I've seen many threads with advice how to find a scam. But I haven't heard about linkedin as a rating criteria.
You must be joking  Smiley Linkedin is not very popular service you know.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:26:26 PM

lol i received tokens today, and this project has many future things to do.
Make ur own research before say it scam and just because the problem comes to you, dont spread FUD, just contact their support personally
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

I am sad you lost money tho, I am not sure if they are scammy ICO since I haven't done research about them.

Well it is sad but you will always have people that will try to pull of scams and stuff. It is easier with internet to scam people, not to mention that in the crypto space it is even more easier as people often tend to forget to do proper research. But they think this is trendy and that money is falling from the sky if they invest.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:52:05 PM

I personally did not invest in this project. But I read that this is very cool and promising. Do you have any evidence of fraud? The ratings for this ICO were very high. And many people with a high level of trust advised to invest there.

shabalinoff

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:45:06 PM

I personally did not invest in this project. But I read that this is very cool and promising. Do you have any evidence of fraud? The ratings for this ICO were very high. And many people with a high level of trust advised to invest there.

There are 2 posts above where people say they received their tokens. There was just a payment delay but the author began to panic.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:49:01 PM

If it's not a scam, shouldn't the post be taken down or at least corrected by the user that openned it ?

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:52:41 PM

Always do your due diligence on ICO projects you would like to put your money in. In addition, checking ICO review websites is helpful and necessary.

pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:03:53 PM

Guys & Gals,

Before you invest in any ICO, check the credibility of the team, if none of them has LinkedIn profile or their LinkedIn profile
has less than 500 connections.

Avoid the ICO like shit.

For example, check https://www.hoqu.io/team/

Whole team looks like bunch of thugs who have come together to loot your money.

What did they do to you? You did not wait for your tokens? How do you understand that this team are scammers? I also saw this ICO, I can not say anything bad about them.
Alisa_Krab

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:08:08 PM

I think you have hurried to do conclusions)) You should find out about this project more Wink
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

I'm sorry about your loss
But, you can learning from your mistake.
My first ICO joined is succesfully ICO, INS Ecosystems. INS have very professional Team, and i love it
rysioslaw

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

What do you think, is Linkedin connections  show that ICO is a scam.
Is whole world using Linkedin, what about people whos don't looking for job?
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:31:14 PM

I'm sorry for what happened to you and all the investors in this scam ICO.

Investing in ICO's is always risky since they are not regulated in any way and even really good projects with honest team behind, can fail once they are listed on the market.

Many people invested in ico's because was possible to make money very fast, but nowadays, ico's are much more risky and the returns (at least on the short term) are much lower compared to last year at this time...Choosing on what to invest is now becoming increasingly difficult.
cryptomngr

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:35:17 PM

What do you think, is Linkedin connections  show that ICO is a scam.
Is whole world using Linkedin, what about people whos don't looking for job?
What profiles did you know which this team has?github? any personal profiles from google ? none,but the credible team needs to have good profiles so people wont be hesitant to join the project,i didnt invest to this project because i didnt found any good social media profiles with the people behind this coin,the tokens were received but that is so late than the ETA of the team.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:35:51 PM

I have not even looked into this project and dont want to draw conclusions about HOQU.io but as far as I know LinkedIn alone is not enough to tell us if the project can deliver what its promised and as always let us do our due diligence as we are to blame should we be scammed.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:55:34 PM

This topic should be closed because i dont see anything to discuss here.
Just false-accusition whereas other people get their coin.
Are you sure you get the stakes and do your job properly? and It seems you rushing to get the coin faster and sell it as fast as it can.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:12:44 PM

The logic is right, checking out the team before investing is a must. That being said, your method (checking linkedIn or any other site as the sole criteria) leaves a lot of false negatives and false positives!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: