Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter scam  (Read 142 times)
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:22:00 PM

Copycat accounts on Twitter are soliciting small donations in exchange for the promises of larger amounts back in return. This is a version of send me some funds now and I'll send you more later--a very common scam that has been going on since I got involved in 2013. Don't fall for it.

https://www.coindesk.com/copycat-twitter-accounts-seek-to-scam-crypto-users/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:46:34 PM

Dont fall for twitter tweets like "Donate BTC in this wallet, and I'll multiply that in 2". Those twitter posts are scammers. Stay away from them. Mafia has just discovered Twitter so expect to see some shitty things in the future.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:04:45 AM

This would fall in the realm of common sense. These scams existed probably for thousands of years, there is nothing really new to it with Bitcoin.
Ponzi scheme would fall under this category as well, in a way.

It is weird to me that I often see people looking at the scams in cryptospace as something unique to crypto.
Same thing with the government's arguments that Bitcoin could be used for money laundering, like cash isn't better for criminal's anonymity. compared to the public ledger.
All of these problems we had for centuries, it just that they are applied to crypto now as well. Nothing surprising about that.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:26:53 AM

Copycat accounts on Twitter are soliciting small donations in exchange for the promises of larger amounts back in return. This is a version of send me some funds now and I'll send you more later--a very common scam that has been going on since I got involved in 2013. Don't fall for it.

only the greedy ones will fall for the scam, out of 100% of people that are been scam if you do your research on then you we find out that almost 90% of them falls victim due to their greediness, you wan to make $10,000 within 2weeks by investing $200
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:34:54 AM

Only stupid and moron people will fall for this kind of offer especially in internet online. There is no such thing as easy as that, if its true then there will be no poor people. Its better to stay away with that kind of offer and invest in a legit one with small but true profit.

wawang

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:40:10 AM

Good thing i don't have anything to donate  Cheesy by anyway thanks for the warning sir, now anyone who reads this will never fall for twitter scams.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:41:08 AM

Only stupid and moron people will fall for this kind of offer especially in internet online. There is no such thing as easy as that, if its true then there will be no poor people. Its better to stay away with that kind of offer and invest in a legit one with small but true profit.
You are right, investing in altcoin is better than getting stuck in the scam.
I've found such a fraud since 2014 and I'm surprised many people have been deceived until now.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Saikoleqz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:48:06 AM

I've seen those kinds of post everywhere and I'm more surprised by the fact that many people fall for it. There will always be people who will try to get your money one way or another especially in bitcoin who's market is big. Just think about it, you will give someone .5 btc and that person will give you back 1.5 btc in 2 hours. It doesn't make any sense right? But thank you by the way for making more awareness about these scams.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:50:42 AM

we should be more careful in reading, so as not to be deceived by something tantalizing, use common sense
if such a thing exists, there will be no poor people in this world
because everyone can get rich, in an easy way
be a wise, intelligent person, and remain vigilant against any kind of fraud
and such information is helpful
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:03:05 AM

That's just bullshit ... Just kill people like that because they're rubbish! Do not want to work but instead cheat the lazy,
do not let you and others caught with the petty fraudster. Stay optimistic and enthusiastic with your own efforts should not be tempted the impossible things like that.

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:15:07 AM

I've seen so much like this on twitter good thing I never fall on their trap but unfortunately there are people who thinks it is legit. We should always spread news like this for the safety and awareness to our fellow crypto community. And hoping this will end as soon as possible because I can't imagine if twitter management will follow the footsteps of facebook to banned from promoting and even posting related to crypto.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:17:11 AM

You should post this in the Beginners & Help thread, there are so many Newbies chasing any thought of free coin that they fall for anything. Each of them needs to learn their lesson the hard way, but it doesn't hurt for us to announce that it's also happening on Twitter. Think about it.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:00:18 AM

there are still fools who would believe this kind of thing until they experience it their self. many are taking opportunity of others because of their lack of knowledge regarding this matter. the greedy one, the lazy one and those fools that want easy profit would fall for this.
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:03:34 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say only the greedy or stupid fall for these scams. And yes, these types of scams have been with us since money of any kind was a thing. I think the scam potential is exacerbated in crypto because much of the technology is poorly understood. I fell for a scam just like this when I was a newbie except that the claim was you sent your BTC to this address and it would get sent back to you plus some from "mining." Well, since I didn't understand mining I failed to realize the promised returns were ridiculous. That's how I ended up finding this forum, actually, after I realized I'd lost out. And people called me (and others who'd fallen for that scam) an idiot. I figured the way I could make the best of it was to learn my lessons. I don't generally fall for that *particular* type of scam anymore, but there are plenty of others. And I refrain from calling victims idiots. And I try to warn people whenever I can.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:13:33 AM

Sincerely it takes only greedy and unwise people to fall into such scam, where does the multiplier want to multiply it from? It doesn't concern them, then, they deserve to be scammed. After all anyone who earn from bitcoin known the procedures and how you went about it. Now offering you earnings for multiplication from unknown source. Is uncalled for.
wiser (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:19:30 AM

Sincerely it takes only greedy and unwise people to fall into such scam, where does the multiplier want to multiply it from? It doesn't concern them, then, they deserve to be scammed. After all anyone who earn from bitcoin known the procedures and how you went about it. Now offering you earnings for multiplication from unknown source. Is uncalled for.

It's definitely uncalled for, but people who are otherwise quite smart unfortunately do fall for these scams, which is why it's always good for us more experienced folks to send up a warning.

I haven't seen them lately, but yeah, those Bitcoin multiplier sites are all bad news. Stay away!
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:30:43 AM

One of the reasons why facebook have banned bitcoin (cryptocurrencies) advertisements. There are people who want to take advantage, unluckily some people would buy it. Things like this that are too good to be true won't definitely give us benefit, as a bitcoiner we should know how to identify which is a fraud from legit so we won't be scammed and our coins wouldn't be wasted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: