Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I enabled Bitcoin payments on my eShop, now I may have lost the first 2 orders  (Read 1982 times)
TheCarlwood (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:52:55 PM

Hi there,

I run a small Tshirt brand and I started taking Bitcoin as payment because it's pretty philosophically inline with the designs and I thought it'd be a good way to start getting into the currency. So far I've had two people make purchases with it using the "Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce, version: 2.12" plug-in. It seemed to be the best reviewed.

Also, being completely new, I had to set up a wallet, which I did through Electrum. My understanding was that after an order, I would be able to run Electrum and see the money in the wallet automatically, but this hasn't happened. I spoke with the app developer who speculated that the buyer didn't include the "txn fee" and it may take a long time. Well, I've waited a month and neither has come through for either order.

I have tried to contact the buyers but they left out their email and phone number and only game me a physical address to send the shirts to. Of course I could send a snail mail letter, but I'm hoping I can just get this sorted out.

I'm wondering how I can track this payment or retreive it from the abyss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to disable it or give up on Bitcoin because of stuff like this, I'd rather live and learn.

The website is http://www.conspiratees.net if it's helpful to examine the payment processing page. Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:54:33 PM

What is your bitcoin address?
You can check transactions on blockchain.info

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:56:09 PM

Maybe the NSA blocked the transactions?  Huh
TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:32:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, so my "Master Public Key" is:

f55c4d640fe2a77676262b38760148b01112c5e3e9ed4f4715f0e72e6b8a7e2843c94990d41f99d 308469d5155c56d379ae91498345b0778b7c884675b2efecc

I went to the site you mentioned and put that in for a search and it said "Unrecognized search pattern"
btc4ever

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:50:55 PM

Can you post the transaction ID (txid) and/or bitcoin address for both of the two purchases?   I imagine these should be logged/stored somewhere by the woocommerce plugin.

Thanks for the reply, so my "Master Public Key" is:

f55c4d640fe2a77676262b38760148b01112c5e3e9ed4f4715f0e72e6b8a7e2843c94990d41f99d 308469d5155c56d379ae91498345b0778b7c884675b2efecc

I went to the site you mentioned and put that in for a search and it said "Unrecognized search pattern"

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:09:34 PM

I dug around and found one of them as: 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG
So I put THAT in on the site you recommended and got a little info but curiously it said zero under "# of transactions"

I just can't help but think this is my fault, is using my "public master key" correct? Is it possible I'm just sending people to a dead end? That would really suck because as I understand Bitcoin, people may be losing their funds?
marcovaldo

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:14:07 PM

Bitcoin address 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG did not receive any btc: https://blockchain.info/address/17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG

Here you can an unconfirmed transaction: http://blockchain.info/fr/tx/1314cfbaa7556a995463a070e4ccec8412492b338594a7067a2067ea167e8391 (it will confirm after some time)

But you never received anything

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:39:29 PM

Bitcoin address 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG did not receive any btc: https://blockchain.info/address/17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG

Here you can an unconfirmed transaction: http://blockchain.info/fr/tx/1314cfbaa7556a995463a070e4ccec8412492b338594a7067a2067ea167e8391 (it will confirm after some time)

But you never received anything

Understood, but the above address is from one of the buyers, so it would have been sent from there, not received. Either way, the transaction seems stuck in limbo. I would guess they cancelled it because of the long wait time, but I also thought bitcoin transactions weren't reversable, so I'm not sure.
Why is it that when I put the buyers wallet address into Blockchain.info I can get results, but when I put in my own Public Master Key: f55c4d640fe2a77676262b38760148b01112c5e3e9ed4f4715f0e72e6b8a7e2843c94990d41f99d 308469d5155c56d379ae91498345b0778b7c884675b2efecc I get an error? Does it seem like my account/wallet is not set up correctly?
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:44:29 PM

what is your bitcoin receiving address?
TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:55:07 PM

what is your bitcoin receiving address?

Is my bitcoin receiving address different than my Master Public Key? If it is, how do I find my receiving address and could someone explain the difference between the two? I thought these two were the same, although my Master Public Key seems much longer than other people's BTC addresses.
My Master Public Key is: f55c4d640fe2a77676262b38760148b01112c5e3e9ed4f4715f0e72e6b8a7e2843c94990d41f99d 308469d5155c56d379ae91498345b0778b7c884675b2efecc
Again, really appreciate the help, I'm hoping I can get this down because I have a lot of faith and hope for BTC.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:59:49 PM

While many people might want to help you, all of them are asking... wtf is a Master Public Key and why is it so long? Can you link to the documentation where this is needed?

Should you need to investigate this further, ask the buyers what are their addresses. Or does the plugin you mentioned provide this at least? Can you see if your clients made the transactions?
marcovaldo

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:18:38 PM

The address 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG never received any btc, so obviously it could never have sent any btc.
If the buyer address is 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG, then he could never have paid for it, unless it was free.

Otherwise you would have seen some btc received and sent from there, on blockchain.info

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
btc4ever

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:00:23 PM

I googled "Master Public Key".  Apparently it is a concept used by Electrum.

I sort of doubt that the blog plugin would accept a master public key.  It's going to want a regular bitcoin address.

I think that people here could be more helpful if OP would provide the configuration of the blog plugin and any logging it spit out for the two transactions.

Again, what we are trying to get at is a transaction id, or the receiving bitcoin address for both transactions.

My logic is that if the blogging plugin approved the order, then it must have been configured with a bitcoin receive address, and the money must have been sent somewhere.   We just need to identify where.

While many people might want to help you, all of them are asking... wtf is a Master Public Key and why is it so long? Can you link to the documentation where this is needed?

Should you need to investigate this further, ask the buyers what are their addresses. Or does the plugin you mentioned provide this at least? Can you see if your clients made the transactions?

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:14:02 PM

no one has snet you any BTC i don't think  provided a real address to send to, the orders may have gone into your system but i don't think they were paid
nomnomnom

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:22:24 PM

I googled "Master Public Key".  Apparently it is a concept used by Electrum.

I sort of doubt that the blog plugin would accept a master public key.  It's going to want a regular bitcoin address.

I think that people here could be more helpful if OP would provide the configuration of the blog plugin and any logging it spit out for the two transactions.

It seems the plugin really works with electrum, didn't knew that, from http://wordpress.org/plugins/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce/
Benefits

Accept payment directly into your personal Electrum wallet.
    Electrum wallet payment option completely removes dependency on any third party service and middlemen.

Maybe he can get help here: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce

BTW: I don't think it is a good idea to post your master public key, we could import that to electrum and watch all your transactions I think,
not sure you want that  Roll Eyes
TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:57:57 PM

Thanks guys, I was out for a bit, but this wordpress plug-in and Electrum are my introductions to BTC, so I apologize if that term (Public Master Key) is exclusive to Electrum.

btc4ever makes a good point, in that I'm trying to be cautious and don't know what's okay to share and what isn't..but now I'm starting to realize that some of what I'm working with might be Electrum based. In that case, I really don't know that I have a typical bitcoin wallet address. All I did was go with the best reviewed plug-in which again is "Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce" and followed the instructions.

I've been told to steer away from Online Wallets for security concerns, so I thought Electrum was a good, well reviewed choice for a local pc wallet. From within Electrum that one "master" key seems to be all I can get out of it, and the plug-in specifically asks for it- but nowhere have I seen something more in the style of a typical BTC address. Are there any Electrum users that might know the difference?

Or maybe I should scrap where I'm at and use a different plug-in/wallet creation service? I'm open to either option really, since I'm feeling more confident based on responses that maybe those orders kicked back to the buyer since I didn't have the proper address in there somehow. (Although again, from the plug-ins prospective, it's all filled out as it asks for)

When btc4ever says:" I sort of doubt that the blog plugin would accept a master public key.  It's going to want a regular bitcoin address.

Again, what we are trying to get at is a transaction id, or the receiving bitcoin address for both transactions.

My logic is that if the blogging plugin approved the order, then it must have been configured with a bitcoin receive address, and the money must have been sent somewhere.   We just need to identify where."

I would love to provide the "configuration" but I'm not sure exactly what that means except to say that the plug-in gives just a few simple steps to add bitcoin into WooCommerce (which is a popular plug-in for eStores that has about 6 or 7 different payment options) The only verifying piece of info I was asked for was that "Public Master Key" so if this isn't making sense to people who are familiar with BTC- I'd rather just start over and ask:

For people who are taking btc payments from an eStore, with a wordpress site, what plugin do you use- and what channel would you go through to get a proper wallet address that's trustworthy?
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:13:16 AM

can we see the documentation for the plugin?
btc4ever

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:39:46 AM

I would think this would be OP's best bet.  Unless someone here with the knowledge of woocommerce or electrum master keys chimes in.

I still have to think that the bitcoin transaction ID must have been recorded in a log or database by the plugin when it authorized the order, but OP seems intent on ignoring that suggestion, as I have asked for it twice now.

TheCarlwood (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:02:35 AM

I still have to think that the bitcoin transaction ID must have been recorded in a log or database by the plugin when it authorized the order, but OP seems intent on ignoring that suggestion, as I have asked for it twice now.

I appreciate the help, but I just don't see anything I haven't provided unfortunately. This is the autogenerated log for one of the transactions:

Order status changed from processing to pending.
added 23 days ago Delete note
Order status changed from on-hold to processing.
added 35 days ago Delete note
Order instructions: price=฿0.24885652, incoming account:17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG
added 40 days ago Delete note
Awaiting bitcoin payment to arrive Order status changed from pending to on-hold.

That's all the information I got. Then I checked my Electrum account, and nothing. I wish I had more information to share.

The only other thing that might be helpful is under settings for the plugin there is a single box with this description:
Enable soft (wordpress) cron job:      
 If checked - Wordpress-driven cron job will take care of all bitcoin payment processing tasks, like checking if payments are made and automatically completing the orders.
Alternatively (better option) is to enable "hard" cron job driven by the website hosting system (usually via CPanel). "Hard" cron jobs are not supported by all hosting services.
Note: you will need to deactivate/reactivate plugin after changing this setting for it to have effect.

I've had that box checked, but that's the extent of the plug-ins settings and transaction logs.
btc4ever

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:32:41 AM

From that log, I don't see why you would have shipped the order.  The only order statuses I see are "processing", "pending", and "on-hold".   None of that sounds like "received" or "confirmed".

So for this transaction, it looks like order instructions were given to the customer to pay 0.24885652 BTC to address 17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG.

However, we see on blockchain.info that no payment was ever sent to that address.   And eventually the plugin changed its internal status to "on-hold".

So the evidence indicates that the customer bailed out before sending payment.  No transaction ID is available because no payment to that address ever hit the blockchain.

Did the plugin's User Interface ever tell you that the payment was received/confirmed?  It shouldn't have...

You haven't provided details for the other transaction.   Likely the same thing happened.

Possibly you misunderstood what the User Interface was telling you, and confused some sort of "payment_instructions_sent" status with "payment_received" status.   Just guessing here.

This is the autogenerated log for one of the transactions:

Order status changed from processing to pending.
added 23 days ago Delete note
Order status changed from on-hold to processing.
added 35 days ago Delete note
Order instructions: price=฿0.24885652, incoming account:17wFxP3TEGMt1w2KNLPCAUdp3CQErciAZG
Awaiting bitcoin payment to arrive Order status changed from pending to on-hold.

That's all the information I got. Then I checked my Electrum account, and nothing. I wish I had more information to share.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: