Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greedy sellers are sweating. It's a BUYER'S MARKET now!  (Read 348 times)
Paycheck (OP)

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:47:41 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 01:09:59 PM by Paycheck

For months, greedy sellers who were lucky enough to get ASICs and GPUs have been extorting us for huge profits on every mining ASIC and GPU worth buying.

Well, with bitcoin and nearly every other coin's price in a long, steady decline, look how the tables have turned.

I've been reading for sale ads here.  And I am reading desperation.  All these people thought they'd get big bucks, and all of a sudden, their items aren't selling!  So they have to start dropping their prices, in hopes of getting their huge credit card bill paid down before the wife notices.

And now we, the buyers, have the power.  And our end of the deal is simple.  We don't buy.  We lowball the hell out of their prices and shipping terms.  Let them starve.  Let them go into debt.  Karma's a bitch!   Grin

Oh yes, coin prices will eventually go up again, but until then, we are in command.  Bitcoin mining difficulty is over 2.6 TRILLION now, so any ASIC is already making less than it made in December.

So stand with me and give these high priced sellers what they deserve.  Nothing.  Let them panic.  I look at ebay auctions and smile.  I message them lowball offers on ebay to make them sweat a little more.  And it is good.  I have thousands of dollars available to spend and it is staying in my pocket until I get what I want at a price I am willing to pay.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EricJH801

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:08:46 AM

There are plenty of people out there still paying the high prices.  Just have a look at prices on Amazon still and sold listings on ebay.  Still seeing Rx 580's +/- $550 instead of MSRP of $300.   

I have about 10 video cards to sell still, will see how the prices go I guess.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:12:54 AM

For months, greedy sellers who were lucky enough to get ASICs and GPUs have been extorting us for huge profits on every mining ASIC and GPU worth buying.

Well, with bitcoin and nearly every other coin's price in a long, steady decline, look how the tables have turned.

I've been reading for sale ads here.  And I am reading desperation.  All these people thought they'd get big bucks, and all of a sudden, their items aren't selling!  So they have to start dropping their prices, in hopes of getting their huge credit card bill paid down before the wife notices.

And now we, the buyers, have the power.  And our end of the deal is simple.  We don't buy.  We lowball the hell out of their prices and shipping terms.  Let them starve.  Let them go into debt.  Karma's a bitch!   Grin

Oh yes, coin prices will eventually go up again, but until them, we are in command.  Bitcoin mining difficulty is over 2.6 TRILLION now, so any ASIC is already making less than it made in December.

So stand with me and give these high priced sellers what they deserve.  Nothing.  Let them panic.  I look at ebay auctions and smile.  I message them lowball offers on ebay to make them sweat a little more.  And it is good.  I have thousands of dollars available to spend and it is staying in my pocket until I get what I want at a price I am willing to pay.

relax man jeez.
Skipbay69

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:15:06 AM

Hahah
chzburgrz

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:10:36 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 04:21:52 AM by chzburgrz

agreed
fuck the scalpers
make them hold onto depreciating equipment as long as possible
burn em
EricJH801

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:49:11 AM

Supply and demand.  Don't necessarily blame the resellers, the wholesalers raise their prices along the way too. 
Cheap Cryptomining

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:26:59 AM

Supply and demand.  Don't necessarily blame the resellers, the wholesalers raise their prices along the way too. 

Bitmain is the real shit
You have to wait 3 months and pay in advance
I ordered my L3+ in Ocober and it arrived 24th December 2017
On the first day i was earning $22 per day
Today Antpool put in my wallet $7.47
I paid $2000 in advance
The shit about Bitmain you can buy 1000 units at a time
So when you get them you can be as extortionate as you like
Now A3 you can only buy 1
What a fucking joke
Bitmain asic miners are useless pieces of metal

I have a used 4 card rig mining ethirium earning $10 per day
I can switch whenever i want

So i say fuck you Bitmain for making greedy pigs out of people
Sherlock_er

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:50:28 AM

And now we, the buyers, have the power.  And our end of the deal is simple.  We don't buy.  We lowball the hell out of their prices and shipping terms.  Let them starve.  Let them go into debt.  Karma's a bitch!   Grin

Oh yes, coin prices will eventually go up again, but until them, we are in command.  Bitcoin mining difficulty is over 2.6 TRILLION now, so any ASIC is already making less than it made in December.

Yes. Do not buy any equipment during this low phase of the crypto. Wait for it to bounce back so people can start extorting huge profit margins. Again. What's the point if you cannot incentivize on this price dip?
kuracoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:26:37 AM

People forget that the main reason why people buy the miners is to make money. It's not a do or die sort of thing. If you're willing to play, you have to be willing to cough up the prices currently dictated by the market. No one's making you buy it.

On the flip side, people mass buying these miners with the intent to resell them should know there's a big risk of not being able to sell your stock. If the market's down and there's no demand for them, that's just too bad. Anything goes in crypto.
Cheap Cryptomining

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:03:23 AM

Yes. Do not buy any equipment during this low phase of the crypto. Wait for it to bounce back so people can start extorting huge profit margins. Again. What's the point if you cannot incentivize on this price dip?

Bitmain should stop selling 10000 to one person
They should have a maximum of one
Then no one is a pig
GPU mining is the best
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:52:00 PM

Mods need to step up and remove threads from sad, broke kids that think that the hardware forum is their own facebook wall. Get a life.

FOR RENT.
Paycheck (OP)

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:18:50 AM

I'm not a kid, I'm...... let's just say I am over 21.  Quite a bit over.  And I am right.
EricJH801

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:27:53 AM

Supply and Demand market is going to work itself out.  If you don't want to pay the high prices (and I don't blame you) then wait around to see when they come down.  I don't see it coming down as of today though.  I just sold 4  RX 580 8GB's for 610 each.   The buyers are out there even if you are not one of them.

I'm not a kid, I'm...... let's just say I am over 21.  Quite a bit over.  And I am right.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:30:56 AM

Mods need to step up and remove threads from sad, broke kids that think that the hardware forum is their own facebook wall. Get a life.

I agree. Useless post.

Go Big or Go Home.
Sherlock_er

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:36:04 AM

I agree. Useless post.

What can a 21 yo know about business? Lol
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

Yes it is buyer's market!! Crypto trading is scary!  Just do a lot of research!

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
Abbie Hoffman

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:51:06 PM

Investment of any sorts is not for the faint of heart, for the simple reason that the outcome is never known and often times can be disastrous for those involved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: