Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some good advice when choosing ICO  (Read 116 times)
IgorShumilo (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:36:57 AM

Take my advice as a guide to verifying any ICO:
1. On preico, the team must have a contract for automatic transfer of funds with prescribed conditions for early investors - not handles like many do, namely those prescribed in the smart contract - otherwise the collected funds can simply enrich the funders or conditions will change during the play - cases of lots.
2. The contract for preIOO should be part of a large ICO contract - not by different coins - it is not safe in terms of vulnerabilities and withdrawals.
3. The contract for preIOO and then the ICO should be registered lower and upper barrier - if this is not the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should be escrow of the funds received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multisec with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. In the contract, an unconditional refund should be prescribed in the event that the lower limit of the collected pool is not reached. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not - scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GithHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.

These are just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. I hope for dialogue and constructive criticism!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mega-tron01

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:40:35 AM

Choosing ICO is indeed a hard tasks.Surely not all ICO'S are legit and it might cause you time and effort.To choose the right ICO,you need to at least read background of ICO and check its legal term
puugiako0811

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:59:00 AM

Thanks for enlightening me and the explanation is revealing. very useful, my acknowledgement for this detailed and practical advice.
SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:06:57 AM

Project team is the ultimate important factor in ICO. No matter how hype the price could be in short term, it all ends at if the team can deliver the milestones as promised.
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:08:26 AM

This is some good advice, especially the open source code for us to judge the ICO program is a fraud has a big role, but I think at present in a bear market, investing in new ICO project may not be a wise choice, because when the token list on exchange, so the price is lower than the issue price.

prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:10:09 AM

Whitepaper and team research is important but also think hype factor matters too where https://www.coingecko.com/en/ico helps filter better

kingkats0803

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:16:28 AM

Take my advice as a guide to verifying any ICO:
1. On preico, the team must have a contract for automatic transfer of funds with prescribed conditions for early investors - not handles like many do, namely those prescribed in the smart contract - otherwise the collected funds can simply enrich the funders or conditions will change during the play - cases of lots.
2. The contract for preIOO should be part of a large ICO contract - not by different coins - it is not safe in terms of vulnerabilities and withdrawals.
3. The contract for preIOO and then the ICO should be registered lower and upper barrier - if this is not the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should be escrow of the funds received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multisec with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. In the contract, an unconditional refund should be prescribed in the event that the lower limit of the collected pool is not reached. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not - scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GithHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.

These are just my thoughts and maybe I'm wrong. I hope for dialogue and constructive criticism!

thanks a lot for this advice. this will surely clear up most of the confusions and dilemma in choosing the preferable and profitable ICO, and distinguishing legit fom non-legit ICOs out there. There are a lot of ICOs and we should look for indicators as provided by OP.
Also note that whitepaper also paly a vital role in selecting one, like doing a background check or something.
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:41:21 AM

There are some tips to evaluate an ICO, and positive answers to these following questions are a good start: the project solves a real problem, the team behind the project is competent and has enough expirience to manage it, the whitepaper is clear and there is a roadmap defined and that could be reached.
It is not an easy task but it is still necessary to do many researches as possible
bitcoinpositive

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:38:09 PM

Special Selling Offer:

Special sell is Live, with big Bonus.
Buy BCP Now & Get Up to 100% Bonus.
Time & Stock is very Limited.

See the Bonus Structure Here:

Group      Amount            Bonus   

1      10 - 500            20%   

2      501 - 1000            40%   

3      1001 - 2000            60%   

4      2001 - 5000            80%   

5      5001 to More            100%   

jame suny

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:21:55 AM

- Evaluation of a good ICO project must have practical, community-backed support and importance to the ICO project that is based on the ERC20 platform.
GameRaider85

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Thats a good advise but I think its too hard to follow and be made. By the end of your evaluation ICO also ends.  Cheesy

Kidding aside, I think the most important part for me is the support it is getting, the no. of people supporting their project and the team (if they are responsive and trustworthy).
TheWalkingCoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:29:18 AM

You have give us more feed back and advice about the tips and way how to choose the best ico and get much profit for the future, but all of ico have we buy is depend of their altcoin ico sold. If the altcoin of ico sold out it will be make more profit can we get. But if the ico is less than the investor want to invest it will be lost their money and will be not good for the ico.
Julia1992

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:47:39 AM

Thank you! good advice, I will take them into account when working with ICO! cool, when people exchange tips, experiences. helping others! thanks again)))

Daniel Jonas

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:37:03 PM

Before choosing ICO, I think you should know some issues: The first impression, The userbase, The developers, Real product, , Distribution of the tokens, Market demand, The transparency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: