Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions need answering.  (Read 684 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:38:35 PM

I am new to bitcoin.

I've installed the bitcoin client 0.3.24-beta. I have an SSD for OS so I made a junction Instructions found here for it to use my HDD.

Now the Bitcoin client is eating the crap out of my HDD, my internet and nearly an entire core of my processor out of 4 cores.

I've taken a look at the client and seeing Block Counts climbing. Whats going on, why is it going crazy on my hardware and internet?

-------

Mining, I tried posting at the proper thread but I guess nimrods ruined it for new members like myself. So From here I ran the guiminer for my cypress card but I don't see my gfx card utilizing at all. I've got OpenCL installed, 5800 series card. I've created an account, inserted my info into the miner etc.

What should I do?

-------

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Soak

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:46:46 PM

Now the Bitcoin client is eating the crap out of my HDD, my internet and nearly an entire core of my processor out of 4 cores.

After a fresh install, the Bitcoin client download the block chain for a while. There are actually 136568 blocks, so the Bitcoin client will download all informations to 136568 blocks (and more).
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:51:38 PM

After a fresh install, the Bitcoin client download the block chain for a while. There are actually 136568 blocks, so the Bitcoin client will download all informations to 136568 blocks (and more).

Fantastic. Thanks.

--------

I've got an error during login, new database lookup in "amount of seconds" on the guiminer client.

It will not mine and giving an login error. I've created an account with this website http://mining.bitcoin.cz/

stating [If you see connection errors, please point your miners to new URL: api2.bitcoin.cz] How do I do this?

Edit:
oic, found this perfectly explained guide, I guess i have to wait for all the blocks to download before mining.
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:02:32 PM

I guess i have to wait for all the blocks to download before mining.

If you're mining on a pool, you do not need to wait until your client has downloaded all blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: