Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 01:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - 2 SCENARIOS  (Read 137 times)
JohnHero (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:04:28 AM

Guys, I have two possible scenarios for Bitcoin at the moment:
1. Bitcoin transaction fees and time will stay high and therefor Bitcoin will only have to lose, and it will keep losing to a point when will no longer be in Top 5-10 Crypto and the Altcoins will dominate the market
2. Bitcoin transaction fees and time will be SIGNIFICANTLY improved and Bitcoin will be the rulling crypto forever

What's your opinion?
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:29:51 AM

that is simplifying the situation by a lot. it is not just 2 scenarios, there are a lot of different things that can happen. and remember that (for good or bad) the investors have proven they don't care much about bitcoin transaction fees since one of the biggest rises of bitcoin happened during one of the highest fee periods that bitcoin ever had! the fees were $100 and price kept going up from $8000 to $20000

also I would like to say that your #1 will probably never happen because if we assume people move on to altcoins because bitcoin fees were high, that means these altcoins which were not being used before and had nearly empty blocks will start to handle a lot of transactions and have their blocks fuller. and eventually you will see how they suck at scaling worse than bitcoin.
and we started this scenario with the assumption that "people move away from bitcoin because of fees" so it is s till true, and as fees of altcoins grow they should move away from them. but to where? back to bitcoin!

Only Bitcoin
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:35:13 AM

Can be mix of your scenarios, transactions fees will be high because network can not serve everyone.
Price always rulling on this market

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: