Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system= Rubbish posts  (Read 1152 times)
nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:54:51 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 10:29:07 AM by nioschka

One question:  Would you endorse people who don't know how to program anything and can only write rudimentary code to get jobs at Konami or Square Enix making video games?  They should be allowed to make games, right?  Konami would be discriminating against them if they weren't hired, right?  Think about it.  It's the same question a lot of us have asked here, and it's what these shitposters don't seem to ever grasp.
The answer to your question: no, I woudn't (plain and simple Smiley). But that rises another more complex question: Would you endorse people who know how to code to clean offices, corridors and shit from the toilets in Konami? Would you endorse them to set up the network in the offices, repair computer equipment, electric system and chairs? Would you endorse them to make commercials for Konami, catchy slogans, marketing plans, will coders be the one who will pack boxes into trucks, deliver them to the shops, sell game DVDs, represent the company at courts? You think about that, because without these "little" and "unimportant" people, Konami would never be able to make and sell 1 bloody game Smiley. There were little garage companies which functioned like that, but they've never succeeded to grow big, and now you can't even remember their names (I know quite a few of them: Corrosion, Tranxgames, etc.) It's romantic, it's beautiful, but they always eventually die, because - there's no money in romance (sad but true).

And that money thing brings me to your second question, which is even more important:
Do you really think any of these shitposters care about bitcoin?
Absolutely not, and I can give you the theoretical and practical proofs to support that. Why would they? They convert Bitcoins in fiat, because they do buy what they need - you said. And that's the whole trick! THEY BUY WHAT THEY NEED. That's what money's for. They can not yet buy what they need with BTC, but what do you think will happen when they get that chance? How would they think and act in the situation in which it will be cheaper and more convenient for them to buy bread, milk, clothes, books and everything for BTC, instead to convert it to fiat, pay bloodsucking bank fees, taxes and God knows what kind of other concoction that governments can think of. So, the whole trick is to grow big enough - they don't care now, because USD is more convenient as a universal means of exchange, but it won't last forever. They will learn to care, but in order to do that they have to be there and use it.

I don't know Theymos, but I can not stress enough to you (and especially to him) how important it is not to frighten away this still fragile and by no means perfect community. There will be times for drastic measures, but this moment is still premature, the crypto market is still young, cheap and controllable, we all should gather people, new people, rich or poor, educated or simple, not scare them and silence them. I beg you, or anyone who knows Theymos well, to talk to him. The system has to be easier (a bit, not much, just to give some hope to the growing community) for the plumbers and cleaning ladies to earn crypto. If they don't have crypto, they will never start to use it and learn to love it. The system should work in such a manner that they can see people around them advancing in ranks, not being stuck forever. There are other ways, he can lower the crossbar a bit, engage more community members to control posts, control IP addresses for cheaters (who are the part of every system big enough - that's why you have the police Smiley) or anything else that will result in people advancing in levels. There's no industry without making money, there's no company without employees who hope to advance and who feel themselves part of the whole thing  - it's the simple human logic. Please, be extremely careful.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Keeshan

Activity: 213
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:15:16 AM

I am surprised that people who are running this kind of forum couldn't come up with a more sophisticated system.

This system is random and childish at best. For me, it looks like a way to preserve power for the people on the top, because now no one can reach them because it is next to impossible to get merits if you don't know someone who has lots of sMerits.

The effort is not invested in the ways how to help newcomers. The merits are just the way to slow the progress of the savage postings, nothing else. That's how much people who invented care about the people on forum and quality of posting.

People on the top of this forum are clever for sure, if they really want to make a better system they just need to think for a few hours. But they obviously don't care. Fools day was more important than the real working system.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:39:21 PM

When I read this, I feel like there is a sense of being overwhelmed.

Like you are getting out-numbered by shitposters.
At times we all feel overwhelmed at the forum in front of some shitposting threads which never stop and even forum administration does not do anything to auto-lock threads after "x" number of replies. Also the OPs being shitposters themselves never lock the threads even after getting an answer because they want shitposting.

And now it's impossible not to equate that to the real world.
In real world some people have authority. Not so in the internet.

But this isn't the real world, it is forum software.   Very, very old forum software that doesn't do basic things like recognize spammers on registration.
Or should we say forum administration is having their hands full already?

Why not update it?
Why dont you create a new forum? Roll Eyes

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:23:42 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 09:26:55 PM by maarx

Merit system is introduced to nullified low quality posts in the forum. but something is going exactly opposite to this.
I am seeing more rubbish posts, as everyone is trying to make more and more posts which shows the insecurity among them.
As they all wants to show on the top of the discussion where they have a little opportunity of getting merit points.
Do merit system really make a difference in this forum?

Its slowly reducing a bit. We could see lot many quality posts being contributed now and it became a habit now. Shit posting has been reduced with the help of this new merit system. Long way to go. A wonderful step has been taken. Though there are alts giving merits to one another, we have accounts which really need merits and we need to look at meriting them.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 11:33:02 PM

Its slowly reducing a bit. We could see lot many quality posts being contributed now and it became a habit now. Shit posting has been reduced with the help of this new merit system.
Spammers have to adapt to and rank up with merit system. To do this, they have to improve themselves to be more constructive over time. If they do it, they actually contribute to the general quality of the forum. It is good for all members in the forum. For some spammers who don't change, don't contribute anything after the launch of day of merit syste,m. It's good too, they can keep spamming and stuck at their current ranks forever.
They can exchange merits to rank up, but using that way, they will be banned permanently sooner or later.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Dyah Nevi

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:01:03 AM

The merit system is introduced to nullified low-quality posts in the forum. but something is going exactly opposite to this.
I am seeing more rubbish posts, as everyone is trying to make more and more posts which shows the insecurity among them.
As they all want to show on the top of the discussion where they have a little opportunity of getting merit points.
Merit system is a value to appreciate the quality of a post, so to get a merit then someone should do a quality post and have a good value, I think merit system is not rubbish posts, because I see a lot of quality posts and spread the diverse knowledge in the forum bitcointalk.org especially for beginners like me, many posts that give me more insight into bitcoin.
thd26bct

Activity: 300
Merit: 93

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

The topic author simply started this one for complaining, crying, trying to discuss for non-sense. Non-sense because this topic is for nothing. Merit has been here, to help all of us, to help the forum, to help wipe spammers (like this guy) out, to make this place become cleaner, better one for all of us.

Agree with this point.
Merit system is a value to appreciate the quality of a post

Generally, I don't think you give your recommendations at the right place, for the right guy. This topic don't need such recommendations. So I consider your threads like off-topic ones. (Hate to say this, but it really is).
~

safetrade

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

Safe.Trade is supporting the ( $ANON ) fork

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:00:01 AM

Why dont you create a new forum? Roll Eyes

It's already been done and we already use it, you know the one Smiley

But I would much prefer to see this site kept up.

I would also love to see key people on here more receptive to constructive criticism to make things better Smiley

SafeCoin.Org   >>>  http://www.safecoin.org  >>>  Safe.Trade >>> Http://Safe.Trade
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:04:48 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

because without these "little" and "unimportant" people, Konami would never be able to make and sell 1 bloody game.

What if Konami hires 10 of these little and unimportant fellas to clean their toilets but only one of them did the cleaning while the rest of them made more mess? they are doing that in this forum. one person would register 20-40 accounts and starts to post garbage. would you endorse 2000 people shitting in Konami's toilets and even get paid a salary and Konami's coders and real employers would have to waste their time to find a place to work on their great games?

Try not to maltreat people too much, because if they go away, development will stumble (and when it get stuck, it will unfortunately die) and all of us who believe in this thing will have nothing (and I don't speak only about money).OP means pussy et. al

If theymos wont do it, I will. I am begging those people to leave and let this revolution to have a chance in development. every time I go to Bitcoin section, I can only see generic and garbage topics with hundreds of garbage replies. I'm a nobody but if I'm not finding any fine quality discussions, I would be forced to leave this forum. what this forum does for me and people like me is what I really need if I'm going to help the movement of decentralization of currency.

There's no bitcoin (or any other currency) without people

How many people do you think crypto can support?

But the technology HAS TO SPREAD if it wants to live

It has spread, news about earning money to the wrong people. while the work force is busy doing something nobody wants, all the coders are self entitled to launching ICOs and sell something every other coder could develop. there are even some of the Konami's plumbers impersonating coders and selling Konami's games as their own, people only see Konami's name and would buy them.

Bitcointalk is not a job, you're right, but it's the place where people can find a job. And because they could do that, the word of crypto industry has spread, other people did find out about a whole new industry that needs free work force for its growth, work force that will not work for money, but for some "money wannabee", some new strange currencies and the promises they offer. And they tried. When they have earned money, they started to buy and invest, and the wheel that was stuck for years, started to move.

Crypto industry is an industry because of this forum and it's founder and then administration keeping it alive for years. this industry has been sucking the life out of this forum. admins are trying to keep it that way, they would rather slow down it's growth and keep it free. 2 admins are not enough for 2 Million registered forum accounts. 20 new moderators are needed for this forum but the policy to keep it free doesn't allow them to keep it free and let it grow.

I'm just afraid that diverting ignorant and low skilled people from the only place where they can earn crypto (at the moment), you're suffocating the development.

I was an ignorant when I came here, they were the same to me as they are now to newbies. they have trust issues. I'm a low(life) skilled member and I'm not trusted after 2 years of expressing my generic opinions. lol.

🖤😏
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:07:31 PM

Its slowly reducing a bit. We could see lot many quality posts being contributed now and it became a habit now. Shit posting has been reduced with the help of this new merit system. Long way to go. A wonderful step has been taken. Though there are alts giving merits to one another, we have accounts which really need merits and we need to look at meriting them.
Let's talk about habit. In order to change someone, particularly spammers, they have to do the following steps orderly.
Improving Knowledge, Changing Attitude, Keep Practicing continuously.
Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice.

Learn more knowledge to have deeper understanding about the forum, the crypto ecosystem, the blockchain technology; Changing attitude (merit system, which main objectives to join bitcointalk forum - money or knowledge, discussions, etc.); Praticing (keep trying to compose higher quality threads and topics over time).

Follow those steps, keep doing regularly; merits will come naturally.

Good luck.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:31:08 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 01:41:15 AM by nioschka
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

What if Konami hires 10 of these little and unimportant fellas to clean their toilets but only one of them did the cleaning while the rest of them made more mess? they are doing that in this forum.
I must disagree with that notion: Bitcointalk don't hire people for the bounty campaigns - the new emerging companies do that. And that's the problem: in the real life Konami can choose among thousands available and jobless cleaning ladies, pick few of them for the job, and if they lie around whole day doing nothing they can fire them and employ others that will do the job properly. But consider the following situation: there are only 100 cleaning ladies on the market and we have 1000 new companies that need their toilets cleaned? The best companies took the best workers, and coders in the other companies can not piss or shit at work, because they faint every time they approach the toilet. In that situation these companies have to do what they can in order to survive and continue with their business: Konami has to approach a garbage man, a housewife or a mason, to offer them lots of money and to hope for the best.
Of course it's not me who invented that, it's called the labor market theory  Smiley. So it's very important (and natural) to have big supply of laborers (of the different quality levels) when the demand for them is high. You shouldn't think of the Bitcointalk as an employer, but as a government. ICO projects are employers and they will take what they need from the labor market in order to satisfy their needs. That's why I'm talking about "stumbling" or "dying" - if they don't have enough labor for their marketing efforts, they will not succeed, and that's bad because of the reasons I've mentioned in the previous posts.

And now about the greatest mistake of it all when it comes to the survival and the development of the blockchain technology - and I see that many of the senior members here are repeating almost the same words as a kind of a mantra, over and over again. I don't want to sound like a grumbling old professor, but I'm in love with this stuff, and I wouldn't like to see it ruined because of this naive incorrect assesment, and not to try everything that is in my power to prevent this. So, that romantic mantra sounds more or less like this:

I am begging those people to leave and let this revolution to have a chance in development.

If you give me one example of a revolution that took place and had success without people, I'll send 1 BTC to your address Smiley. The whole trick with economy - and first of all with currencies - is something that is called "acceptance". It's a kind of a chanted circle: if more people accept something, more people will accept the same thing.
If I have pockets full of CNY and walk into a grocery store in Berlin I wouldn't be able to buy anything, because the owner of that store recognize no value in these paper bills: he can't take these bills and buy theater tickets for him and his wife because he knows that the lady at the box office won't accepted these bills for the same reason he didn't do that in the first place - she won't be able to buy groceries for CNY in his store. People in Berlin work for Euros, there are lots of them and all of the stores there accept them.

One of the things Bitcoin misses today is precisely that: people don't have faith (yet) that other people will accept it.

How do you cure that? If the owner of the grocery store every day faces people who come into his store trying to buy something for Bitcoins, talking about the other grocery stores where they could by products for Bitcoins, if he hears that his neighbor bought the theater tickets for Bitcoins, and his best friend payed for his vacation in Bitcoins, he will try once to sell groceries for Bitcoins - just to test how it goes. But, if enough people don't walk into his grocery stores with Bitcoins, and his neighbor doesn't have them, believe me, there will be no revolution.

So you have to supply people with Bitcoins and make a pressure on the poor grocery owner. Or even supply him. How do you do that?

Bitcoin is much like gold - you can invest your own work (which will pay for the equipment and for the electricity) and mine it. But cleaning lady who needs bread and milk can't earn enough to buy equipment and pay enormous electricity bills in Berlin. She doesn't have chance to make pressure on the grocery owner. But, that's what labor market is for! She can earn crypto. The more people have it, more people will accept it (again - it wasn't me, it's an old theory, proved to be right many, many times). That's why you, me and the makers of this forum need people more than they need us, actually. They can continue to work for Euros, US Dollars, or any other government controlled currency and f.ck off the whole revolution story - it's much easier. And nothing will happen then.

I'm a nobody but if I'm not finding any fine quality discussions, I would be forced to leave this forum.

You're not able to find any quality discussion on this forum? Than I must be blind and very stupid.

How many people do you think crypto can support?

It has to be able to support at least billions, or nothing will happen (but I'm sure you already know that).

It has spread, news about earning money to the wrong people. while the work force is busy doing something nobody wants, all the coders are self entitled to launching ICOs and sell something every other coder could develop. there are even some of the Konami's plumbers impersonating coders and selling Konami's games as their own, people only see Konami's name and would buy them.

Well, there's no help with that, that's called "industry" Smiley If their ICO employers are satisfied why that bothers you? But if you look at it more carefully, you will see that Apple alone (and several other companies) has larger Market capitalization than the whole blockchain industry, and that's why I think that this moment is a tricky one to apply some drastic measures. I believe some new forums and platforms for the labor force will soon emerge, and you'll be finally left alone - but is it a good thing?

Crypto industry is an industry because of this forum and it's founder and then administration keeping it alive for years. this industry has been sucking the life out of this forum. admins are trying to keep it that way, they would rather slow down it's growth and keep it free. 2 admins are not enough for 2 Million registered forum accounts. 20 new moderators are needed for this forum but the policy to keep it free doesn't allow them to keep it free and let it grow.
I agree. But it has to be a way other than suffocating the whole thing and maintaining the satus quo. The forum creators must find a way to control the quality of the labor force which will not scare them off. Maybe they can start a competition for the community to find the best solution(s). I believe that the coders from the community can help with some "linguistic crawler" that can detect low quality posts and give them some kind of bad "marks", there must be a way to control IP addresses and at least partially prevent account farming, I believe many members of the community have access to various AI technologies that can be used for that purpose. After all I think all of the seniors will be glad to help with the moderation. Every solution is better than repression.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:19:07 AM

Don't tell me this forum is like a government, I have already appointed myself as the lawmaker, I have been proposing major policy changes. no government can survive without the tax money. people say that forum has money. it's just not for spending.

It can't live on with trust system and merit system. it needs money. people say that if you are going to charge members with money, what you will have to charge them with, is what they need to survive. for how long this forum could support starving people for free? they wouldn't stop farming accounts and posting garbage. they are not paying any tax. I would love to stop repeating myself. if there was any better solution other than taxing people.

Konami should close it's toilets doors to the public because people are moving in to live nearby just to use Konami's resources. their excuse? a man has got to shit right? in forum, a man is shitting like 10 people. merit is going to force them out. don't expect any good result after 3 months.

🖤😏
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

Merit system is introduced to nullified low quality posts in the forum. but something is going exactly opposite to this.
As they all wants to show on the top of the discussion where they have a little opportunity of getting merit points.

Yes, thats my words, there are people who dont care about merit and will get stuck on junior member for the whole life. If they are banned for spam - they will create a new account.

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
Paul karet

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

thank you, everyone, who is on this topic.
I can learn about merit.
what it means, functions, and how to get a merit.
I just understood.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:27:43 AM

They actually have their own interests, so let's them free and focus on what they aim at when joining the forum.
I guess their main objectives to join this place are for earning 'free - almost free' money and sell them all to get fiats.
Free money because we can see dozens of shitty campaigns which don't have strict rules on the participants or supporters.
Yes, thats my words, there are people who dont care about merit

If they don't need to rank up, let them stuck at their current ranks. Some abusers can keep ranking up through merit exchanges. Nevertheless, this approach will lead to serious punishments on them in the future because the forum moderators are extremely strict. Be careful when you have intention to do merit abusements.
and will get stuck on junior member for the whole life. If they are banned for spam - they will create a new account.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:21:38 AM

From number post view, probably your saying is right. But it will be better to show data rather than assumption, hope the data to be verified and validated. Just to respond your assumption that now people is posting as many as possible just to get merit, I disagree with that because it will be useless. I think more people now leave unmeaning post and tend to meaningful even not in high quality and constructive.   

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 06:15:56 PM

From number post view, probably your saying is right. But it will be better to show data rather than assumption, hope the data to be verified and validated. Just to respond your assumption that now people is posting as many as possible just to get merit, I disagree with that because it will be useless. I think more people now leave unmeaning post and tend to meaningful even not in high quality and constructive.  

Do you understand Hurry.... that Jerry29 is exactly right and your post only confirms this theory 100%. Jerry writes that now spammers are climbing to the heights of their intelligence in order to write a post of at least one hundred signs and not deviating from the subject too much. Only to bump to the top of the thread and hopefully receive merit. You are doing exactly what Jerry is writing about. Responding to his earlier post with completely pointless and nonsense conclusions in broken English this is new kind of sophisticated spam and the peak of perfidy.

startblouse8

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:26:50 PM

You are right developer should approve some quality test before entering the forum so that the fake crypto bots can be prevented
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:53:33 PM

I can see it made some difference. For instance in my behavior. Now I'm trying to stay away from topics with more than 10 pages, with obvious replies. Crap like "Is it too late to invest in bitcoin" or "Next altcoin which makes you a millionaire". Now I'm out of bounties, which only counted post in Altcoins section (like Credits.com despite it was my best bounty so far).

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:02:03 PM

I can see it made some difference. For instance in my behavior. Now I'm trying to stay away from topics with more than 10 pages, with obvious replies. Crap like "Is it too late to invest in bitcoin" or "Next altcoin which makes you a millionaire". Now I'm out of bounties, which only counted post in Altcoins section (like Credits.com despite it was my best bounty so far).
You don't have to exit bounties altogether.  Since posting in that section only takes very short replies, you ought to be able to post interesting stuff and still be able to do them--at least I'd hope so.

Not posting in those spam threads is definitely a good idea, though.  No one reads crap like "Buy or sell" or "Bitcoin vs. gold".  The only reason I ever visit such nonsense threads is to report shitposters, as Bitcoin Discussion and Economics are full of them.  You'd think people would have figured out by now that there's nothing to be gained in terms of earning merit or ranking up by writing crap one-liners in those sections, but nope.  As long as these altcoin bounties keep taking Jr. Members and don't put any kind of restrictions on them, it's going to keep happening.

The real problem is that the spamming has creeped into Meta in threads about merit, and that's really unfortunate.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: