Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with all them USB Block Eruptor ASICs? Makes a great gift!  (Read 3939 times)
splnkr (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 03:56:25 AM

Stuck with more than you can handle?  Huh

Don't hold a fire sale, give them away to your friends and family for the holidays! Grin

They're far more likely to have a spare USB port than you.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:02:10 AM

Give them to me. I have spare ports.
fractalbc

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:50:39 AM

I'll buy a bunch when they hit 5 bucks just to watch them blink.  Much like I watch the lights on a xmas tree blink
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:23:04 AM

5 bucks I'll take 20!
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 10:13:02 AM

5 bucks I'll take 20!

5 bucks?  Sign me up for 200 - mine alts ridiculously for a grand... lot more gh/s towards the freicoin zetacoin terracoin..nextcoin network.

001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 12:31:19 PM

If it is no longer profitable to mine with it, I will buy for 0.05. I want one for decoration, plus I accept only the polished metal styled USB stick, not the model 1 (despite they have the same MH, but i need it for decor )

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

I know they're really overpriced, but I bought 2 for testing right now. When I'm done, I'll prolly give one to my uncle, and one to my brother.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:54:05 PM

I know they're really overpriced, but I bought 2 for testing right now. When I'm done, I'll prolly give one to my uncle, and one to my brother.

I'm willing to accept this gift.  Grin
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:53:21 PM

I'm willing to accept this gift.  Grin
Are we related? If you're not family, you're not getting one. Sorry.  Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
splnkr (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:22:29 PM

Half of you are missing the point.  Angry

I bought a bunch of these while waiting for more mining power. Now that I have it, it's not economical for me to run a whole separate mining PC just to host these.  Undecided

I don't care to sell them off for a fraction of what I paid. It would be worth more to me, and the whole Bitcoin community, for people like me to give each of them to people we know WHO AREN'T ALREADY HERE.  Shocked

When we grow the community, we grow adoption. Then demand increases. I hope you know what comes next!   Cool

For a non-miner who already leaves their PC on 24 hours a day, they can just plug it in and have some real BTC to play with, even if it's just pocket change, at no additional cost.  Kiss

So it's a win-win! They get a new small but meaningful income stream, and I get increased chances of a continued rise in market price (not to mention the social benefits of such awesome gifting). This holiday season everyone I know is going to become a new miner if they aren't already.  Smiley

fivesky55

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 11:42:04 AM

I bought a bunch of these while waiting for more mining power. Now that I have it, it's not economical for me to run a whole separate mining PC just to host these.  Undecided

I don't care to sell them off for a fraction of what I paid. It would be worth more to me, and the whole Bitcoin community, for people like me to give each of them to people we know WHO AREN'T ALREADY HERE.  Shocked

When we grow the community, we grow adoption. Then demand increases. I hope you know what comes next!   Cool

For a non-miner who already leaves their PC on 24 hours a day, they can just plug it in and have some real BTC to play with, even if it's just pocket change, at no additional cost.  Kiss

So it's a win-win! They get a new small but meaningful income stream, and I get increased chances of a continued rise in market price (not to mention the social benefits of such awesome gifting). This holiday season everyone I know is going to become a new miner if they aren't already.  Smiley

Hi,
So do you mean you are gonna selling it? If you don't mind the fraction and intend to let it out, I am ready to grab it since I don't mind how small of coins mine to my wallet, it is just an extra income for me since I have the spaces and extra pc to run on it and just a small player! What I more concerns is the future revolution! Let me know if you intend to release it out!

Cheers
splnkr (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:11:26 PM

NO. I am never, ever going to sell one of those little USB ASICs. I'd be selling them at like an 80% loss, so I have ZERO interest in doing so.

Like I said, I now see those little things as the gateway for others to become Bitcoin miners, and get into the cryptocurrency scene.

Newbies won't care that they're worth less than their weight in dimes, they'll just think it's cool that now they are getting a little bit of something for nothing just by running their comps! And if BTC price ever skyrockets, they'll have some real money as a result.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:02:17 AM

NO. I am never, ever going to sell one of those little USB ASICs. I'd be selling them at like an 80% loss, so I have ZERO interest in doing so.

Like I said, I now see those little things as the gateway for others to become Bitcoin miners, and get into the cryptocurrency scene.

Newbies won't care that they're worth less than their weight in dimes, they'll just think it's cool that now they are getting a little bit of something for nothing just by running their comps! And if BTC price ever skyrockets, they'll have some real money as a result.

I agree with you and I get the point!  Cheesy
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:53:32 AM

Stuck with more than you can handle?  Huh

Don't hold a fire sale, give them away to your friends and family for the holidays! Grin

They're far more likely to have a spare USB port than you.  Roll Eyes

True enough, what a nice piece of history. I just bought 4. :-)

more or less retired.
Tobias

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:26:41 PM

I agree, you would probably make more profit by giving them away and starting a chain reaction of new bitcoin miners (which would eventually raise the price of your bitcoins) instead of selling them... By the way I have never mined before so you should send me a few hundred for free Wink
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:21:32 AM

Send one to do good.
ylq555

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:44:56 AM