Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Win $1,000,000 USD - FREE ENTRY!  (Read 904 times)
FutureICOs (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:19:29 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 05:01:26 PM by FutureICOs

There's a brand new crypto raffle site and they are giving away some free tickets to help gain publicity and momentum. There's no purchase required and there's no catch, it's a simple raffle that will be performed by an unrelated third party on live video. This coupon code is limited to 1 per person. Coupon: 1freeticket and the site is https://bitcoinjackpot.global

Grand prize: $1,000,000
Second prize: $100,000
Third prize: $25,000
Runner-up: $1,000 x 75 winners

100,000 tickets are being sold. $20 per ticket. Pay using any crypto. Receive prizes in crypto or USD bank wire. Draw will be live streamed on YouTube by real people when every ticket is sold! If you live in Toronto and are a ticket holder you can be there at the time of draw.

It's brand new, this is Round 1 and they hope to do 4 rounds per year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GamerSky

Activity: 44
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:46:00 PM
Merited by NLNico (3), SaltySpitoon (1)

How possible for the website to be scam? I guess it's very likely. Why? simple, they don't provide enough info about who they are, not a registered company, and most importantly if you visit their FAQ
How does playing Bitcoin Jackpot work?
When you play Bitcoin Jackpot, you are purchasing a raffle ticket. At the time of the draw, a winning ticket(s) is selected at random using random.org which is an unrelated third party; the draw will be live streamed on YouTube (or another video streaming site) when every ticket is sold. To make things as fair as possible, the draw will be conducted on video by people who are not related to Bitcoin Jackpot.
You know there are tons of ways to hijack such 'cheap' method to pick a winner, it would have been totally different if they provided a provably fair method.

The whole thing seems sketchy to me, because I've tried to make a provably fair lottery before, just failed with marketting, and it didn't need any registeration or user information too.
FutureICOs (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:03:47 PM

How possible for the website to be scam? I guess it's very likely. Why? simple, they don't provide enough info about who they are, not a registered company, and most importantly if you visit their FAQ
When you play Bitcoin Jackpot, you are purchasing a raffle ticket. At the time of the draw, a winning ticket(s) is selected at random using random.org which is an unrelated third party; the draw will be live streamed on YouTube (or another video streaming site) when every ticket is sold. To make things as fair as possible, the draw will be conducted on video by people who are not related to Bitcoin Jackpot.
You know there are tons of ways to hijack such 'cheap' method to pick a winner, it would have been totally different if they provided a provably fair method.

The whole thing seems sketchy to me, because I've tried to make a provably fair lottery before, just failed with marketting, and it didn't need any registeration or user information too.

I think, there is not much to lose. The thing is FREE. Always better chance when you enter, as compared to when you don't.
cryptofanatic123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:58:21 PM

Hey, thanks! Just got a few tickets, wish me luck!
CryptoEbe

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:19:05 AM

Hey GamerSky,

I'm one of the members involved in bitcoinjackpot.global (you can check out my bio on the website). We just started the raffle this month, so the site is being modified as we get feedback from people. Feel free to check out the site now as we have added the information that you have asked for, i.e., who we are (on the main page).

We didn't see the need for a complicated algorithm to have a provably fair method because it's just a simple raffle. We wanted to be as simple and transparent as possible, so we decided that once someone buys a ticket, they get a number between 1 and 100000 (which is given in sequential order based on when someone buys a ticket). Once all tickets are sold, the draw will be live streamed, once again, making the procedure transparent to everyone. Random.org is also third party, so there is no way we would be able to influence the outcome of the draw.

We also have a hassle-free registration process to only collect an e-mail id for the purpose of sending the ticket number; we don't collect any other user information that is intrusive. And I agree, marketing is a challenge. By the way, apologies for the late response; I didn't see this thread earlier. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
CryptoEbe

Kleo-kripto

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

Even if this is not fraud, the probability of winning is very small. Who wants to take a chance, who will turn up fortune, maybe he will, but I do not want to risk, so I pass by.

MURR AGENCY services will promote your crypto-project on YouTube worldwide. More than 1000 video bloggers from different countries will tell your story!
https://murragency.com/en
Kleo-kripto

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:19:53 AM

There's a brand new crypto raffle site and they are giving away some free tickets to help gain publicity and momentum. There's no purchase required and there's no catch, it's a simple raffle that will be performed by an unrelated third party on live video. This coupon code is limited to 1 per person. Coupon: 1freeticket and the site is https://bitcoinjackpot.global

100,000 tickets are being sold. $20 per ticket. Pay using any crypto. Receive prizes in crypto or USD bank wire. Draw will be live streamed on YouTube by real people when every ticket is sold! If you live in Toronto and are a ticket holder you can be there at the time of draw.

You have written in the title - free admission. But in fact you need to buy a ticket for $ 20. This is at least misleading.

MURR AGENCY services will promote your crypto-project on YouTube worldwide. More than 1000 video bloggers from different countries will tell your story!
https://murragency.com/en
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:22:41 AM

May I ask who is holding the funds? I guess the goal is to raise more money then is being given away, which is quite a lot for a new service.

Using a multisig wallet with an escrow that needs to sign off would give a lot more trust I guess.
CryptoEbe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:41:09 PM

Even if this is not fraud, the probability of winning is very small. Who wants to take a chance, who will turn up fortune, maybe he will, but I do not want to risk, so I pass by.
https://preview.ibb.co/i2r4Ym/sample01728x90_1.png

You have written in the title - free admission. But in fact you need to buy a ticket for $ 20. This is at least misleading.

Hey Kleo,

We are currently giving out a limited number of free tickets as a marketing strategy to help gain publicity and momentum. So, the ticket that is worth $20 is actually free for now and your risk is currently zero. There's no purchase required for now, unless you want to increase your chances of winning and need more than 1 ticket. We are hoping that once people get tickets, they promote it within their circle leading to more people obtaining tickets and so on. If you have any more questions, feel free to reply back. Thanks.

Regards,
CryptoEbe
CryptoEbe

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:52:22 PM

May I ask who is holding the funds? I guess the goal is to raise more money then is being given away, which is quite a lot for a new service.

Using a multisig wallet with an escrow that needs to sign off would give a lot more trust I guess.

Hey Norris,

Yes, you're right. Our goal is to raise more money than is being given away. The majority is paid out to prize winners; the rest goes into marketing (higher for round 1 because we are just gaining publicity), merchant fees, accounting, etc. to maintain the service and website. We also end up with a profit on which we pay income tax, and also allocate a portion of it to fund crypto related science (more info on this in the FAQ section). We are not currently using an escrow, but it does sound like a good idea and might consider it in the future. Thanks, and if you have any questions or feedback, don't hesitate to reach back.

Regards,
CryptoEbe
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:12:59 PM

How could i believe this site ?. There is no authentication. It looks fear to me.
CryptoEbe

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:21:49 PM

Good luck Smiley

How could i believe this site ?. There is no authentication. It looks fear to me.

Well, I hope it was not our members' photos on our website that scared you  Tongue
newfan

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:30:35 PM

Good luck Smiley

Well, I hope it was not our members' photos on our website that scared you  Tongue

haha the struggle to sell FREE ticket. people are scared of winning the raffle with a free ticket? i will gladly take free chance XD
CryptoEbe

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:11:03 PM

Well, I hope it was not our members' photos on our website that scared you  Tongue

haha the struggle to sell FREE ticket. people are scared of winning the raffle with a free ticket? i will gladly take free chance XD

Yes, it's definitely a challenge because we are brand new, but we know this is a phase that all start-ups go through and our team is ready for this challenge. And good luck with your ticket  Smiley
Tylerizator

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:05:19 PM

Scam! Info 146%!
Moonmanmun

Activity: 243
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

Come on guys, this is clearly a scam. 
They sort of messed up with this post:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2874667.msg29545770#msg29545770
If you want to be a scammer, try not to make it that obvious.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:48:49 PM

I don't think they already have this amount of money to escrow it. I thought their strategy was to collect this money using people who buy tickets, They already said on the website: "Draw will happen when 100,000 tickets are sold." So people should wait until all tickets are sold and then they will have 2 Million dollars (100,000*20$). So in the final point if they pay the winners, they will end up earning a huge amount.
CryptoJoshua

Merit: 1

Win $1,000,000 USD! @ BitcoinJackpot.Global

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:21:54 PM

They sort of messed up with this post:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2874667.msg29545770#msg29545770

Hey Moon!

The only people who are part of our team are listed on our main page at bitcoinjackpot.global, so whoever made that post is not on our team. Every team member's Bitcointalk or Reddit profiles are linked on our site as well. I, myself, am part of the Bitcoin Jackpot team, so if you have any concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
CryptoJoshua

BitcoinJackpot.Global   |||   World's Best Crypto Raffle
████   JOIN US NOW AND BECOME AN AFFILIATE    ████
CryptoJoshua

Merit: 1

Win $1,000,000 USD! @ BitcoinJackpot.Global

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:30:14 PM

I don't think they already have this amount of money to escrow it. I thought their strategy was to collect this money using people who buy tickets, They already said on the website: "Draw will happen when 100,000 tickets are sold." So people should wait until all tickets are sold and then they will have 2 Million dollars (100,000*20$). So in the final point if they pay the winners, they will end up earning a huge amount.

Hey Seven!

I'm part of the Bitcoin Jackpot team.

I don't think they already have this amount of money to escrow it. I thought their strategy was to collect this money using people who buy tickets, They already said on the website: "Draw will happen when 100,000 tickets are sold." So people should wait until all tickets are sold and then they will have 2 Million dollars (100,000*20$).

Thanks for addressing his concerns and understanding the structure of our raffle.  Cheesy

So in the final point if they pay the winners, they will end up earning a huge amount.

Here is a section from our FAQ which discusses how we will be distributing the money that is not given out as prizes:

"Most of the money received from the raffle is paid out to prize winners. Then we have small expenses such as merchant fees, publicity, accounting, etc., to maintain the website and service. We end up with a profit, we pay income taxes and a portion of all the money supports crypto related sciences, specifically organizations that are developing improvements to the way the whole crypto ecosystem works. This will include government lobbying and advocacy which is important if we want to achieve worldwide adoption without interference or hindrance."

Thanks for the message!

BitcoinJackpot.Global   |||   World's Best Crypto Raffle
████   JOIN US NOW AND BECOME AN AFFILIATE    ████
CryptoEbe

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:47:14 PM

Hey Moon!

The only people who are part of our team are listed on our main page at bitcoinjackpot.global, so whoever made that post is not on our team. Every team member's Bitcointalk or Reddit profiles are linked on our site as well. I, myself, am part of the Bitcoin Jackpot team, so if you have any concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
CryptoJoshua

And to add to CryptoJoshua, our members were only aware of this thread like 3 days back, so we only started responding recently here. This thread was created much earlier by one of our fans, so it looks like someone was really excited in promoting us that they went through that step.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: