Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:58:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH/NEO usage  (Read 105 times)
Mhow91 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:09:05 PM

Noob here with a burning question:

Back when Bitcoin Futures were announced, everyone anticipated them being paid out in Bitcoin, and that the prices for bitcoin would skyrocket as a result.  We eventually learned that the futures contracts are all cash settled, and seem to have had little effect on the price of bitcoin (if anything, its been a big steady decline since the contracts were released).

Q.  people are speculating right now that because so many alt coin projects are built on the ETH/NEO foundations that ETH/NEO will rise in the coming year as well.  Do we know if the success of any these alt coins will actually have an impact on the price of ETH/NEO?  Or are we just assuming like the Bitcoin Futures contracts?

Thanks for the help!

Hazeey

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:24:02 PM

Back when Bitcoin Futures were announced, everyone anticipated them being paid out in Bitcoin, and that the prices for bitcoin would skyrocket as a result.  We eventually learned that the futures contracts are all cash settled, and seem to have had little effect on the price of bitcoin (if anything, its been a big steady decline since the contracts were released).

Thanks for the help!

Did people really assume that bitcoin futures contracts would be settled in bitcoin and not cash? Futures contracts are rarely, if ever, exercised by a buyer. You get a ton of leverage with futures and no one wants to actually take on that amount of risk on the contract expiration date. Pretty much all futures contracts become cash settled across the futures market.

https://stakeunited.com/stixx
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:29:06 PM

Q.  people are speculating right now that because so many alt coin projects are built on the ETH/NEO foundations that ETH/NEO will rise in the coming year as well.  Do we know if the success of any these alt coins will actually have an impact on the price of ETH/NEO?  Or are we just assuming like the Bitcoin Futures contracts?

Thanks for the help!

Sure you can find the value bumped in both coins since the project has been competing each other to be successful option for the people wish to create their own altcoins.
I think before this year end NEO will grow more than 500 USD for sure. If you want to invest on NEO this the right time.
They have created their own ICO for their Decentralized exchange platform too.
Igorpap2

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:52:11 PM

Thanks for the help!

Sure you can find the value bumped in both coins since the project has been competing each other to be successful option for the people wish to create their own altcoins.
I think before this year end NEO will grow more than 500 USD for sure. If you want to invest on NEO this the right time.
They have created their own ICO for their Decentralized exchange platform too.

Totally agree with your opinion about NEO!  Cool
But what about our favorite ETH? How do you think, will the huge amount of ICO on the basis of ETX affect the price?
I believe that the price for the Ethereum this year too can fly high ... Perhaps even more than 2000 $ ! Shocked
usd.dev

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:55:10 PM

It is possible that a couple of years ago I would not believe that this system will work, but now smart contracts give real stability and even growth. I'm sure that it makes sense to have in your asset both ETH and NEO.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:22:30 PM

Thanks for the help!

A comparison of the effect of Bitcoin futures with Ethereum or NEO is a bit misleading. Investors buy to see the price higher than they entered. What drives the price higher? Demand. Bitcoin futures do not increase demand for Bitcoins on OTC market (or at least not significantly) therefore do not push the price higher technically.

On the other hand, if anybody wants to participate in ICO, they must first buy ETH or NEO. Larger demand produces higher price. That is why I find more upside potential in ETH/NEO than in Bitcoin for 2018.
pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:13:08 PM

I see NEO as a very promising coin. Only now the ICO started on the contracts of NEO and investors took them very positively.
I also expect the price of NEO about 500 dollars this year.
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:25:07 PM

It is possible that a couple of years ago I would not believe that this system will work, but now smart contracts give real stability and even growth. I'm sure that it makes sense to have in your asset both ETH and NEO.
Its a competitive world but I dont expect NEO to rise equal to ethereum soonest. they both have almost the same circulating supply which put them side to side. I believe NEO must have exploited the weaknesses of ethereum to improve their service and valu. NEO will also do a lot of marketing to encourage new users

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: