Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:31:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware Wallets for 2018  (Read 218 times)
Lostpike (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:22:59 PM

So I am not a fan of the Ledger Nano S or the Trezor.

What new hardware wallets are expected to come out this year?
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:07:33 PM

I think there will be no better hardware wallets in the near future than the hardware wallets you mentioned.
May I ask why you do not want to use a nano or trezor? I have no hardware wallet myself, but the reviews of the two wallets are actually really good.
What I can recommend is that you do not buy your wallet on eBay, but order it directly from the manufacturer. It could be that the seller on eBay has manipulated the wallet, with the risk that you lose all his coins.

rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:11:33 PM

I think there is not yet new hardware release by this year on my suggestion try Bither Hardware wallet for Bitcoin it is also just new but in past year 2017 this one of my wallet i am using right now for Bitcoin.
Easx

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:16:59 PM

I havent any information about Trezor. Ledger nano S is out of stock. Amazon price getting higher. I think we need new hardware wallet or wallets. Smiley

Alexkurd

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:27:55 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet

I'm waiting for nano s to be delivered in march. And some people received opendime btc and ltc versions.
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:29:31 PM

I'm not ready to say at what stage the project. But the idea is not bad! More information about the device and the idea can be found here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2337347.0
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:32:30 PM

The Ledgers and Trezors are the best hardware wallets in the industry.  What is your issue for not using one of those?  You can wait for new hardware wallets but it'll take a while for them to implement the cryptocurrencies compatibility.  Also, since they will be new, you'll be hesitant to give them a try. 
youstock
Copper Member

Activity: 76

Tokenized selfhood

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

Hardware is hard, so there probably won't be any new ones.  There is a lot of demand though, so you never know.

thotknectar

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:44:42 PM

There were only three last time I spent some time digging, which was only about 2-3 months ago.

There were 3 then - keepkey, trezor, and ledger nano s.

Everything else I found was in development phase, which means they'll eventually do quite
well, but currently are only in testing phases and are will be building their wallet compatibilities
for a good year or so.

If you have to have to get one now, maybe just go with a ledger s to give it a shot and that way
you can see what you like or don't like about it without having to drop too much money - most
of the reviews have been positive about all 3 so it really depends on what coins you have and
which wallets you need to be able to use with it.

Then in a couple of years there will be so much competition in the market you'll have tons of
options and they'll all be relatively safe. The choices will just get easier and cheaper too!

Hope it helps!
eterhunter

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:50:49 PM

A hardware wallet for me is Electrum i try this when i joined a Airdrop that they required to download the Electrum wallet and i found out that it is a hardware wallet and a good wallet for bitcoin.
Yusran

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:58:32 PM

Ledger nano- has a sleek design, intuitive user interface, a wide support of altcoins (Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Dash, Stratis) and most importantly an attractive price tag

Trezor -This is the oldest hardware wallet on the market and probably the most reputable one as well. TREZOR has a nice design, a very easy to understand user interface, and it supports Zcash, Dash and Ethereum aside from Bitcoin (ETH is supported through an external wallet called MyEtherWallet).

Keep key - Coming in 3rd place a Bitcoin hardware wallet with a beautiful though somewhat large design. Keepkey has similar features to TREZOR and the Ledger Nano S, however there are a few reasons that make it a bit less attractive in my opinion.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lostpike (OP)

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:01:13 PM

The only two I found so far coming out in the future are

https://xzen.io/

and

https://www.gizadevice.com

Not sure the potential of either of these.

As for the previous two I use the Ledger. I just feel like it could be more user friendly. Not here to argue merits of Ledger or Trezor just hoping some other hardware wallets are in the pipeline.
integrap

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:20:22 PM

I think Ledger Nano S or the Trezor hardware wallets are quite good. What is the problem for you? What do you expect from a hardware wallet? Maybe they can support more altcoins.

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

I own a Ledger Nano too. Both Trezor and Ledger Nano S are trusted by people and I doubt if there would be something yet that would come out in the market. Maybe in the future, there would be a new hardware wallet since more and more people are getting into crypto and each people want to find a secure wallet. Manufacturers might try to improve the security and services of the hard ware wallet to cope-up with technology advancement.
Alex_Kidd

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:23:26 PM

As for the previous two I use the Ledger. I just feel like it could be more user friendly. Not here to argue merits of Ledger or Trezor just hoping some other hardware wallets are in the pipeline.
What about the Ledger Blue? It looks more user friendly, but also much more expensive...
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:03:04 PM

What are you looking for I don’t know. I think that it is impossible to find any hardware wallet better than Ledger Nano or Trezor. These two are the best. There are many wallets of this type appear on the market. But they are not what we need really.
Decorsair23

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:09:53 AM

Just a thought (I hope someone can answer), does a cryptocurrency holder really needs a hardware wallet to secure there coins? I've been into crypto for quite sometime now, and I still don't use that.
indika8821

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:52:51 PM

Ledger Nano S is a product of a France-based startup. It has sleek and attractive European touch to its design.Some of its core features are the backup seed key for recovery of your bitcoins, the easy to use OLED interface, and a flash drive like feel with two buttons on the side for navigating the interface.It is a battery-less device which you can connect to a PC or mobile device via USB. Here is a video guide by Harsh Agrawal on how to start using Ledger Nano S.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:57:42 PM

If you dont want to use the most familiar ones, Ledger Nano s and Trezor.
You can go with keepkey.
NineBall

Activity: 123

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:42:32 AM

I think using the new hardware is not a good choice. If we use existing Hardware we can see various reviews on the Internet. They also explain deficiency and advantages of that hardware. But it does not matter if you want to use new hardware, usually new hardware come bring some innovation and some new features. Finnaly It's up to you.

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: