Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STAFF member xDeathwing is a SCAMMER!  (Read 9539 times)
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:34:43 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 04:00:08 AM by b!z

xDeathwing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=111872
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=284167.0

In the above topic, an application to automatically visit bitcoin faucets is advertised.

Staff member xDeathwing offers to pay for the following proof:
Make a video, download it from your link, upload it to virustotal and try it, if it works I'll give you 0.05 BTC.

The video proof has been provided by the OP, but he has not received any payment from xDeathwing. All payments to his address are micro transactions from faucets: https://blockchain.info/address/1NRNYQr6WZXFyAsMz5pyieLnLN6goK8sCR

I have also shown the OP how to verify hashes on VirusTotal to confirm that the file is actually the one uploaded to the site. I did not receive any payment for this (although I do believe the OP deserves it more).

Carlos L. claims that xDeathwing originally offered to pay 0.5 BTC (not 0.05 BTC), and he later edited his post in the hopes that nobody would notice (I did not see the 0.5 BTC offer, maybe a mod can see if it was edited if possible?):

It's actually 0.50 BTC, he edited his post... Probably thought no one would notice lol

I sent xDeathwing a private message concerning payment to the OP a few days ago:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=284167.20

Did you pay the OP the 0.05 BTC you promised to yet?

No, will pay tomorrow.

It has been several days, and the OP has not received any payment still. I suggest action to be taken against this member. Staff should not be exempt from forum rules.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:42:15 PM

Carlos L. claims that xDeathwing originally offered to pay 0.5 BTC (not 0.05 BTC), and he later edited his post in the hopes that nobody would notice (I did not see the 0.5 BTC offer, maybe a mod can see if it was edited if possible?):

It's actually 0.50 BTC, he edited his post... Probably thought no one would notice lol

He edited his post a few minutes after OP posted the video:

OP post with video:

b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:56:04 PM

Thanks Carlos L.
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:27:06 AM

Can we get a scammer tag on this guy?
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:47:46 AM

bump
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 11:52:40 PM

Wow... <-Just for a bump...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:13:16 AM

Has anyone talked to Theymos about it? He could check what the message was pre edit. For 0.5BTC, I'd hope it is a mistake rather than a scam.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:21:59 AM

Has anyone talked to Theymos about it? He could check what the message was pre edit. For 0.5BTC, I'd hope it is a mistake rather than a scam.

Here is the thing. If it was a mistake, he would edit as soon as he posted it, BUT NO. He changed it AFTER the OP posted the video.... Seems like a scam to me...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:30:11 AM

Here is the thing. If it was a mistake, he would edit as soon as he posted it, BUT NO. He changed it AFTER the OP posted the video.... Seems like a scam to me...

I agree, it doesn't look good at this point, however they could have edited that post 20 times, the first time 5 seconds after they posted to correct the amount, and then again to clarify wording etc etc. I'm hoping when xDeathwing gets on, they either pay the debt if they are in the wrong, or clarifies if it was a mistake.

My rationale is that .5 BTC hopefully isn't enough for a Staff member to scam over, and it could be a mistake, however I could be wrong.  Embarrassed

Neither Theymos or XDeathwing are on at the moment, so I wouldn't expect any quick response.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:39:14 AM

I agree, it doesn't look good at this point, however they could have edited that post 20 times, the first time 5 seconds after they posted to correct the amount, and then again to clarify wording etc etc. I'm hoping when xDeathwing gets on, they either pay the debt if they are in the wrong, or clarifies if it was a mistake.

My rationale is that .5 BTC hopefully isn't enough for a Staff member to scam over, and it could be a mistake, however I could be wrong.  Embarrassed

Neither Theymos or XDeathwing are on at the moment, so I wouldn't expect any quick response.

Yep... Like everyone said, just email Theymos and ask for a SCREENSHOT of the edits, because Theymos might try to get XDeathWing out of it. IDK, but im just saying...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:48:49 AM

Yep... Like everyone said, just email Theymos and ask for a SCREENSHOT of the edits, because Theymos might try to get XDeathWing out of it. IDK, but im just saying...

I highly doubt that Theymos would bail out any Staff member. Why would you trust a confirmed scammer with taking care of your forums? If anything, he would hurry the process along. Again however, we are jumping the gun a little. Its hardly a scam accusation until the accused as a chance to reply.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:01:55 AM

I highly doubt that Theymos would bail out any Staff member. Why would you trust a confirmed scammer with taking care of your forums? If anything, he would hurry the process along. Again however, we are jumping the gun a little. Its hardly a scam accusation until the accused as a chance to reply.

Yes... Has anyone actually pm'ed Theymos about this?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:04:30 AM

Yes... Has anyone actually pm'ed Theymos about this?

Yes, I pmed Theymos and XDeathwing about this thread as soon I saw it.

But that's circumstantial evidence. It doesn't directly prove that xDeathwing's post said 0.5 BTC.

Yeah, it will be best when there are both sides of the story. XDeathwing could have said .5BTC, edited it shortly after, and then made another edit later, etc. The point is, we wont know what the edit was about until XDeathwing, or Theymos confirms it.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:06:19 AM

But that's circumstantial evidence. It doesn't directly prove that xDeathwing's post said 0.5 BTC.

Which does not atone for his failed promise to send (edited) 0.05BTC.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:07:33 AM

True, he should have at least payed the 0.05 BTC which would have gotten him out of this issue with a little bit of suspicion...

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:07:56 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 01:20:42 AM by grue

But that's circumstantial evidence. It doesn't directly prove that xDeathwing's post said "0.5 BTC" in his post.

The only other supporting proof is testimony from Carlos L. and sitnicki. Not exactly solid case. b!z, I suggest you remove "xDeathwing is a scammer" from your signature as it's exactly conclusive that he's a scammer.

edit: see crossed out section for edit details

I will agree that xDeathwing is a scammer if he does not pay sitnicki 0.05 BTC within a reasonable timeframe. I do not think there is enough evidence to conclude that xDeathwing's offer said "0.5 BTC" at any time from August 30, 2013, 03:35:21 AM to August 30, 2013, 05:20:01 AM. Therefore I do not think xDeathwing is liable to pay 0.5 BTC.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

8.35 post

10.07 video posted
10.20 edited

This doesn't look like a Typo

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:09:31 AM

wait what? did xDeathwing send any bitcoins at all?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:13:34 AM

... Is xDeathwing a sock?
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 01:16:14 AM

wait what? did xDeathwing send any bitcoins at all?

No, the OP (B!Z) said that he had pm'ed xDeathwing and he said that he would send it "tomorrow" but never sent it...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: