Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STAFF member xDeathwing is a SCAMMER!  (Read 9539 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 11:24:18 AM

Thank you for taking action, theymos. Should I lock this thread?

If you consider it resolved might as well, but he hasn't paid still.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

Wow... this looks great for the forum...  Roll Eyes

You gave me cancer sir, 98 activity 997 post, useless posts.

Excellent mod post! Seriously, excellent mod post... for SA, but not here.

You do realize that your actions reflect upon theymos, don't you? I have the utmost respect for theymos, albeit I sometimes give him a little shit. In fact, I'm on record in stating that I respect all the mods. I still do, sans one. Fathom a guess as to which one?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:59:10 PM

Haha. Well kk. Wouldnt you think that it would only be fair if he paid 0.25 (1/2 of what he promised?)

I don't think that bounties are generally enforceable. In an informal bounty like this without specific language to the contrary, the bounty creator retains sole control over who receives the bounty, even if the community disagrees with him. So I don't think that xDeathwing is obligated to pay anything, though due to the confusion and small amount of money involved, he probably should pay 0.5.

I removed him as a moderator because this is all a bit shady, and his conduct in this thread leads me to believe that he is too reckless/careless to be a good moderator, not because I believe him to be guilty of scamming in this case.

Excellent response, theymos.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:03:36 PM

I'll have to correct you here. This kind of post would be bannable on SA, mod or not. We frown on the use of tired, old catchphrases. Mostly because we invented them. 10 years ago. Like the one above. That was one of them.
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:09:38 PM

I'll have to correct you here. This kind of post would be bannable on SA, mod or not. We frown on the use of tired, old catchphrases. Mostly because we invented them. 10 years ago. Like the one above. That was one of them.

Is 'SA' the forum version of ebaumsworld? Sure does sound like it.
greyhawk

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 02:18:46 PM

Oh no, you didn't just go there. Be glad I like you, or I would be... would be.... would be posting pictures of your house and sending you Dominoes Pizza and little tiny packets of flour labeled cocaine. (The trick is it's not flour, it's cocaine)
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:51:57 PM

Oh no, you didn't just go there. Be glad I like you, or I would be... would be.... would be posting pictures of your house and sending you Dominoes Pizza and little tiny packets of flour labeled cocaine. (The trick is it's not flour, it's cocaine)

You send people free cocaine? Can i sign up for some of that? Cool

hahaha hahaha...

greyhawk

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:08:35 PM

It's trick cocaine that's actually anthrax.  Undecided
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:11:58 PM

Pass.

I knew there was a catch. Cry

lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:39:03 PM

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. You offered .5 BTC for someone to provide a service to you, they provided the service, and you are trying to send .05 BTC.

You claim you made a typo. But you were not upfront about this. You were not honest about this. Instead you MODIFIED a post in which you were quoted, without noting the change, to say ".05 BTC." That is extremely shady.

Let's say you did make a typo... you're still obligated because that is the amount you agreed to pay. If the person on the other end of the transaction decided to be understanding of you allegedly "making a typo," then that would be okay. But they haven't. And you haven't spoken to them. Because you seem to think you can say one thing and do another.

That is not how respectable people operate.

For those saying this does not fit the definition of a scam... the definition "a dishonest scheme; a fraud." The definition of fraud: "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

I think it is quite deceptive to act like you said something you didn't, and even try to tamper with the evidence (the quoted post) to make it look like you said something else.

That's messed up man. And I think you know you're in the wrong here. You just don't want to be out the money. So man up and talk it over to sitnicki. Maybe he'll be understanding.

John

Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:49:08 PM

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. You offered .5 BTC for someone to provide a service to you, they provided the service, and you are trying to send .05 BTC.

You claim you made a typo. But you were not upfront about this. You were not honest about this. Instead you MODIFIED a post in which you were quoted, without noting the change, to say ".05 BTC." That is extremely shady.

Let's say you did make a typo... you're still obligated because that is the amount you agreed to pay. If the person on the other end of the transaction decided to be understanding of you allegedly "making a typo," then that would be okay. But they haven't. And you haven't spoken to them. Because you seem to think you can say one thing and do another.

For those saying this does not fit the definition of a scam... the definition "a dishonest scheme; a fraud." The definition of fraud: "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

I think it is quite deceptive to act like you said something you didn't, and even try to tamper with the evidence (the quoted post) to make it look like you said something else.

That's messed up man. And I think you know you're in the wrong here. You just don't want to be out the money. So man up and talk it over to sitnicki. Maybe he'll be understanding.

John

+1

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:41:47 PM

John

Dude just let it go, he is not a mod anymore...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

No, but technically he still owes .45 BTC unless Sitnicki and he agree upon something else.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

No, but technically he still owes .45 BTC unless Sitnicki and he agree upon something else.

well he is a "scammer" and we can't do anything about it

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:12:17 PM

It's trick cocaine that's actually anthrax.  Undecided

Nope, ricin. 

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:35:27 PM

I don't think that bounties are generally enforceable. In an informal bounty like this without specific language to the contrary, the bounty creator retains sole control over who receives the bounty, even if the community disagrees with him. So I don't think that xDeathwing is obligated to pay anything, though due to the confusion and small amount of money involved, he probably should pay 0.5.

I removed him as a moderator because this is all a bit shady, and his conduct in this thread leads me to believe that he is too reckless/careless to be a good moderator, not because I believe him to be guilty of scamming in this case.

Adding my voice to all the praise. Way to handle this situation, theymos.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:36:59 PM

Adding my voice to all the praise. Way to handle this situation, theymos.

I agree, theymos handled this the right way.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:32:00 AM

Fuck the cocaine, I want flower. I know this chick with a yeast infection and I want to bake bread.
sitnicki

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:55:36 AM

Sorry for my english
I received a payment from the xDeathwing in the amount of 0.05 BTC from which pleases me.
Please, do not take the next payment Smiley I recognize that xDeathwing made ​​a mistake by making a typo.
Please close the thread and not returning to it.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:59:19 AM

Sorry for my english
I received a payment from the xDeathwing in the amount of 0.05 BTC from which pleases me.
Please, do not take the next payment Smiley I recognize that xDeathwing made ​​a mistake by making a typo.
Please close the thread and not returning to it.
Exactly what I said!

We didn't know Sitnicki's perspective so this entire thread was simply a witch hunt, and we should have waited for Sitnicki's input.

Now that we have it, he recognized the typo and was pleased with the outcome making this entire thread irrelevant.

{ BitSpill }
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: