Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:13:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Auto Switch Mining really profitable?  (Read 1434 times)
papampi (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 07:58:11 AM

I have been testing some AutoSwitch miners for over 2 weeks
And here is my observation,
Please share your experience.
So we can make it better.
I tried MultiPoolMinerMegaMiner and Nemosminer all are amazing softwares with Zpool and MiningPoolHub.

So in an ideal auto switch mining system switcher check for rates from pools and start mining what is best based on the info it gathered in a given time from pools and your hash rates.
It will continue to mine the coin until a better coin pops up. usually it mines between 3 to 10 minutes.
If miners used to get to their top hash speed at start we would have got lots of profit, but as we all know miners take 30 to 90 second to warm up and reach the optimum speed
So we lose nominal of 60 second on each switch, if miner switch every 5 to 10 minute we lose around 10% to 20% here.
Then comes the AutoExchange.
If you set Auto Exchange which we usually do, We know there is a 4-6 hours delay on most pools to exchange the coin.
Pool told our miner at some point that a coin is at optimum now, but does the exchange of that coin 4-6 hours later will give us same profit ?
Also there is txfee, excahnge fee and some coins may havent reach minimal amount of trade and send back to pool.

I also tested 2 identical rigs (6x1070 both) one on Zpool autoswitch other on claymore dual eth+sia for 2 days, then same for MiningPoolHub,
and I havent got much more than claymore dual mining on same periods.

So please share your thoughts and experience ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:20:30 AM

I have never used an autoswitch miner.

I guess, if you're a "small time" miner, like you have one or 2 GPUs at home in your gamging PC, it might make sense.

But as you say, I think the constant switch (as I said, I haver never used an autoswitch, but I assume it switches constantly as a few coins always seem to overtake each other by a few USD) will at the end of the day make you lose a tiny bit of coins you wouldn't have lost had you just sticked to a coin.

The second thing I'll say, is that there's no reason for ETH to suddenly drop to the 10th place in profitability. It's been in 1st place for months now. I see it sometimes getting taken over by coins like SIGT, Music or even ETC, but it never lasts. Even if SIGT is on top if you have nvidias, it probably won't stay there for too long as the diff rises and the block reward drops.

I'd rather stick to a coin for a good while than switch all the time. At some point i switched everything to ETC to mine a stash before going back to ETH. Did that for a month.
chickenthr33

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:21:20 PM

Old thread but it's a top google result so I'll just add my 2 cents. Auto profit isn't simply "x coin is worth x amount more" and it switches. It takes into account difficulty as well. 2 coins can be worth the exact same amount but if one has higher difficulty than you'd be getting less return for your hashrate during that period of time.

That is the concept anyway, it's debatable but for somebody like me, I feel like it's a more consistent return and with places like miningpoolhub you can have it auto convert to whatever coin you want when it accumulates enough, that way you aren't stuck with a bunch of random crap like bitcoin gold and feathercoin that often pop up as most profitable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: