Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MONEROV (hard fork Monero)  (Read 1447 times)
BobTrade

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:22:18 PM

limited supply thumbs up!!!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usd.dev

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:35:12 PM

Very interesting news. I honestly did not hear about such events, I would like more information on what exchanges this will support, what is the difference from the original chain. At the moment, too little information for financial analysis.

Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:49:57 AM

there is a very good new about a Monero hard fork into a new private coin : MonveroV.

https://monerov.org/

MoneroV is a private, untraceable, finite and secure cryptocurrency fork of the Monero blockchain. A split will occur at block 1529810 when MoneroV miners will start to create blocks on the MoneroV network.
The new MoneroV blockchain will contain the history of all transaction up until block 1529810 and all Monero coin holders will receive 10x their XMR balance amount as MoneroV coins (XMV) after the fork.

Among other differences, MoneroV has limited supply of coins while Monero’s coin supply is infinite, and MoneroV will implement new protocols that will solve the scaling problems facing Monero and other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.

looks like a sham, what problems are they tackling?

as far as i know that there is some problems with the way how Monero is used .
If someone wants to be completely anonymous that he/she needs to download a big data chunk in order to do it ( in order of GB),am i right or wrong?

i haven't heard of any other problems regarding Monero ,so why the fork..

What appeals to me and everyone else is the limited supply and the promise to fix scaling isssues as a main focus.
I don't really fancy getting 10 coins for every monero because that just moving the . one zero further. I guess a 1-1 ratio would be better for the future price and everything but as we know people don't think logic so we'l just have to deal with it.

If everything goes well and the team will be smart and hard working i can see it surpass the real monero. (in a couple of years because of limited supply)
Crypto_C12

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

Monero Fork XMV Changes Tact, Promises ‘Open Source’ and Key Reuse Safeguards

https://btcmanager.com/28037-2/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=socialpush&utm_campaign=SNAP
KondraT

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

★━ Z-POP DREAM ━★

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:36:50 AM

Would be helpful if you listed which wallets/exchanges would be supporting the new coin.
Most likely it will exchange bitfinex and bitrix. About the other until there were no words said, a lot of where I read about it already.

★━━━━━━★  Z-POP DREAM ★━━━━━━★
★━GROW TALENT,CREATE STAR━★ (https://z-popdream.io/)
Crypto_C12

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:55:30 AM

The MoneroV snapshot block #1564965 has been matured! Mainnet release soon, as well as the integration of pools and exchanges.

* Pool support for the fork has already been announced by Go-Mine.it, MinerGate, BaikalMine, MagnificentPool.com, MoriaXMV.com Fatpanda Club, MinerHills, CryptoSupreme and Leafpool.com.

* MoneroV is already supported by exchanges including HitBTC, CoinEx, BTC-alpha, Coinroom, Octaex, Crex24 and others.

Happy to see that the MoneroV development and progress is going great and as expected from the team.
bamita140

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:50:31 PM

Why do it unless there is a fundamental difference in vision? if u do have such a strong belief in the functional features u want to create, why not just create a new coin?
ingo49

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:16:24 PM

Great news for this fork that was already launched and had high mining volume. 5% of Monero
bibitao61

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

Very interesting news. I honestly did not hear about such events, I would like more information on what exchanges this will support, what is the difference from the original chain.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:25:07 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 09:22:59 AM by xtraelv

If you plan to participate in this fork by WITHDRAWING MONERO TO YOUR OWN PRIVATE WALLET PRIOR TO THE FORK - make sure you are VERY CAREFUL.

Bitcoin gold endorsed a wallet that resulted in 3.3 million in real BTC being stolen.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-gold-wallet-stole-private-keys-scooped-3-3-million/

Coinsecure exchange also lost around 3 Million that could be related to the fork.
"The note also elucidates that this loss is not a direct result of their infrastructure being compromised or hacked but instead it was due to their CSO Dr. Amitabh Saxsena extracting Bitcoin Gold from Bitcoin. And as a result, their CSO claimed that bitcoins were lost."
https://coinsutra.com/coinsecure-bitcoin-hack-theft/

You risk losing your real Monero for the opportunity to get a copy.

Users should be wary of the security risks involved in this fork. https://www.ccn.com/is-monerov-a-legitimate-hard-fork-of-monero/

The MoneroV team is anonymous, which limits the trust in MoneroV leadership. MoneroV requires Monero holders’ private keys to receive tokens from the airdrop, leaving many to question the safety and privacy of MoneroV’s launch.  MoneroV has recommended solutions to these risks, but many are convinced these issues should not have arisen in the first place. While the MoneroV project is open-source, the MoneroV wallet is not, meaning the wallet source code cannot be audited prior to launch.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: