Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:16:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of crypto markets/exchanges?  (Read 292 times)
Ccexicocartel (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:26:12 PM

Where does everyone see the crypto markets/exchanges headed? I think those that are regulation-friendly are going to be the ones to succeed along with being decentralized.

Found this good read about an ICO called GBX, or gibraltar blockchain exchange. What do you guys think??

http://crypto-freedom.com/index.php/2018/02/02/gibraltar-blockchain-exchange-the-future-of-the-crypto-markets/
youstock
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

Tokenized selfhood

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:29:24 PM

Cross chain swaps via state channels are going to enable truly decentralized cross chain exchanges and will be much harder to regulate.  However, centralized exchanges will still exist for a long time as a convenience for ordinary people, but may eventually disappear if the decentralized tech becomes user friendly enough.

Ccexicocartel (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:35:54 PM

Cross chain swaps via state channels are going to enable truly decentralized cross chain exchanges and will be much harder to regulate.  However, centralized exchanges will still exist for a long time as a convenience for ordinary people, but may eventually disappear if the decentralized tech becomes user friendly enough.

I agree with you. I honestly think that the crypto market is also pushing towards securities too. Have you looked into GBX? Very intriguing concept too. Think their whitelist closes tomorrow
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:19:04 PM

been following GBX for weeks now and whitelisted when it opened. overall a really good project with a crazy team. Also love their partnerships as well. regulation is upon us and i'm glad they anticipated that. if you want frequent updates, i suggest joining their telegram group: https://t.me/GBXCommunity
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

I am seeing the rise of decentralized exchanges soon. And I suspect more efficient exchanges are coming in the near future.
Imagine faster exchanges. Nowadays you have to create account, login, deposit and just then exchange the token you want.
This process will probably become much faster with fewer steps. And guess what? The tokens that were made just for fundraising purposes and have no role in the platform will go to zero.
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:08:17 AM

I am seeing the rise of decentralized exchanges soon. And I suspect more efficient exchanges are coming in the near future.
Imagine faster exchanges. Nowadays you have to create account, login, deposit and just then exchange the token you want.
This process will probably become much faster with fewer steps. And guess what? The tokens that were made just for fundraising purposes and have no role in the platform will go to zero.
Decentralized exchanges are a good thing for cryptocurrencies. I just don't really know how people would contact support if something were to happen to their coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:21:33 AM

Now there are more and more exchange exist in the cryptocurrency space , but centralized exchange still more popular than decentralized exchange because i think this exchange platform more friendly user. And some centralized exchange in some country like Japan has regulation.  In the future will be more exchange that provider better service and tools. So future of cryptocurrency community will be bigger.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:33:54 AM

The future I can see for all of the Centralized exchanges is tighter regulations and full KYC requirements for each and every user. The governments want to know what you are doing with your crypto profits and then take their slice. Decentralised exchanges are a different story but so far Etherdelta has put some people off using them.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:18:50 AM

I think in the near future, decentralized exchanges would be flooding the market. I just hope there will be an algorithm to provide a very secure transaction and transaction support would be integrated.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:31:40 AM

For me, it will depend on what will happen to bitcoin and what will the government do about cryptocurrency. As I see now, bitcoin is dropping but I still believe in its capability to rise, most of the exchanges are using bitcoin as main mode of exchange so what ever happen in bitcoin altcoins are also affected. Now we can see the power of government to suppress crypto by banning ICO, and if the problem get worst, they can totally ban the whole industry in that certain country.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:00:32 AM

If exchanges are regulated, it is likely that traders in many countries people will not be able to participate because of the need for KYC data validation.
Like GBX, trading on the GBX requires KYC certification.

steins19

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:01:58 AM

The future of crypto markets depends on the number of investors interested in it and how people will accept crypto now that lots of  movement are done to control cryptos on different countries.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:17:32 AM

In my opinion, the exchanges with a good banking relationship are the ones which will survive.

Most exchanges go wrong when their bank cuts them off for some reason. That's what happened to MtGox. And lately, Bitfinex.

At the moment Coinbase is under some pressure as various credit card companies say they arn't going to allow bitcoin purchases. Coinbase is pretty reputable, it is FDIC insured for fiat and has LLoyds insurance for coins in their hot wallet. But if VISA ban all credit card purchases, that's their business model gone. Coinbase did have the foresight to open GDAX which is a standard exchange that accepts wires. But Coinbase might have to switch to a cash wire business from a "buy with credit card" business to survive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:48:34 AM

I think as long as crypto remains at the whim of government decisions, it will never stabilize. For this reason decentralized as opposed to centralized exchanges need to take off, exchanges that the government can't simply shut down. This way everyone from every country will be able to buy and sell crypto without fear of the latest headline of the day.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:54:48 AM

I feel like the government doesn't even know what to do with crypto or they're still not knowledgeable about it to make real decisions on it.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:24:36 AM

I feel like the government doesn't even know what to do with crypto or they're still not knowledgeable about it to make real decisions on it.
The government is fearing the possibility that cryptocurrency will replace most of our financial institutions mainly the banking system. Thats why some are banning cryptocurrency while other countries are still looking into ways of drafting laws that would be beneficial for both parties. But by looking at the increasing community crypto is having,  digital currency is the future we are heading to.
bttcoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:30:26 AM

In fact, the government regulation is not a big problem, the most afraid of them through regulation to control the entire cryptocurrency world, so this is the case, what is the difference between encrypted currency and the stock market, the blockchain can only become the plaything in their hands, lost itself Meaning.
waiki

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:05:06 AM

The future of market crypto / exchange? For now the future of cyrpto is unclear and not so good because in recent weeks cyrpto is forbidden to advertise on social media and others, currently crypto is being tested to deliver on its success.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:08:53 AM

I don't know if decentralized exchanges and regulation will make a good match. I don't even know how you will attempt to regulate one of those exchanges, since they don't need to obey anyone. They can't really be shutdown, and probably won't be able to enforce kyc, that is crucial for regulation. I do think they are important, because it would probably reduce fud, since they can't be banned, but it would probably just make the government action more strict. I think they come with good and "bad" things, but they are probably the future.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:16:04 AM

I don't know if decentralized exchanges and regulation will make a good match. I don't even know how you will attempt to regulate one of those exchanges, since they don't need to obey anyone. They can't really be shutdown, and probably won't be able to enforce kyc, that is crucial for regulation. I do think they are important, because it would probably reduce fud, since they can't be banned, but it would probably just make the government action more strict. I think they come with good and "bad" things, but they are probably the future.

Very well said actually. There's a subtle "push pull" with the whole regulation/banning vs decentralization/immutable paradigm. On one hand governments do have a chance to delay crypto adoption by crushing it hard now (they can't prevent it, only delay it). This will scare off mainstream adoption until many years into the future. On the other hand they realize that if they co-operate with crypto from the beginning, they might be able to prevent it becoming too radical one day. The same with investors in crypto - they see government permission as a good thing even though such permission shouldn't be necessary.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: