Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto in a SuperBowl Commercial - [VIBE]  (Read 354 times)
ChrisCross86 (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

Vibehub.io [VIBE] just officially announced the appearance of this project in a SuperBowl commercial tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/VibeHubVR/status/959866800132390912

This is great news from my point of view. The biggest sports event world wide with the biggest medial attention.

I'm hodling this project for a while. They have a working project, devs are active for example in the telegram channel and the community is growing. And they are really clever in advertising and social media stuff.

To get an impression of the prodcut, I would recommend this video on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OE0bJkDGEw

To be honest: This is also little bit shilling my coin ;-). But I'd like to give you the chance to DYOR and get in before it is too late, expensive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawaii2020

Activity: 112
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:53:21 PM
Merited by william8829 (1)

so like in the dotcom bubble where all the companies placed superbowl ads from the investors money rushing in, and were bankrupt 6 months later. i think first to crash is eth because its so extremely overvalued with too many whales

i did look at vibe a while ago and did not like it that much. i mean the idea sounds cool and all. but very few companies with cool ideas actually succeed. we will see how many people actually use it. in my experience such projects fail in 95 of 100 cases and not even 1 becomes a superstar. but thats just me. maybe vibe is different.
ChrisCross86 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:00:30 PM

so like in the dotcom bubble where all the companies placed superbowl ads from the investors money rushing in, and were bankrupt 6 months later. i think first to crash is eth because its so extremely overvalued with too many whales

i did look at vibe a while ago and did not like it that much. we will see how many people actually use it. in my experience such projects fail in 95 of 100 cases. but thats just me. maybe vibe is different.

Get you point. But being the first crypto is the unique point here.

And I personally hate comparisons between .com and crypto. Enough FUD is already in the market.
Hawaii2020

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:02:51 PM

Enough FUD is already in the market.

FUD is good. all the people buying crappy ETH will only crash the crypto market and kill innovation. ETH should be split up, all the money coudl go into 1000 dev teams easily who bring way more innovation than ETH ever could.

in that sense, i would even agree vibe is a better investment because you an spread your money over 10,20 cheap projects and only 1 of them would probably bring you more profit than eth ever could if all your money was in eth.
ChrisCross86 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:05:54 AM

Enough FUD is already in the market.

FUD is good. all the people buying crappy ETH will only crash the crypto market and kill innovation. ETH should be split up, all the money coudl go into 1000 dev teams easily who bring way more innovation than ETH ever could.

in that sense, i would even agree vibe is a better investment because you an spread your money over 10,20 cheap projects and only 1 of them would probably bring you more profit than eth ever could if all your money was in eth.

Don’t think so..,
toddy47

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

Interesting, but I would think it is targeting the wrong market and may potential be conceived incorrectly.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stefarion

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:02:00 PM

I like Vibe. Bought it a few days ago at 5500 sats. Their project is good, because VR will certainly become a huge thing in the following years.

CrowdToken ICO BOUNTY - 500 000 free CRTK tokens for the winner, others share another 2mil. CRTKs
Hawaii2020

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:05:57 PM

I like Vibe. Bought it a few days ago at 5500 sats. Their project is good, because VR will certainly become a huge thing in the following years.

that does not mean their project is good just because they are in VR. is their team good? do they just use the token to cash in quick? is the superbowl ad even about their actual product or just to find new crypto investors?

in new technologies as vr, 99% of startups fail. i am not saying vibe will fail, but i would suggest being critical about it and doing some research, feel free to counter my arguments.
stefarion

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:40:48 PM

that does not mean their project is good just because they are in VR. is their team good? do they just use the token to cash in quick? is the superbowl ad even about their actual product or just to find new crypto investors?

in new technologies as vr, 99% of startups fail. i am not saying vibe will fail, but i would suggest being critical about it and doing some research, feel free to counter my arguments.

I don't think that the SuperBowl ad will have a significant impact on VIBE (other than a temporary pump). I checked their website and read the whitepaper - I like the idea so I will definitely hold some of their tokens just to spend on their platform. I like VR, so I see myself spending a lot of time on their platform if they manage to make it interesting enough. I don't know whether the startup will be successful or it will fail, but I like what they intend to do. Their success depends, in my opinion, on the mass-adoption of VR technology in the next few years - something that I think it is likely to happen.

CrowdToken ICO BOUNTY - 500 000 free CRTK tokens for the winner, others share another 2mil. CRTKs
ChrisCross86 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:05:14 PM

Only 4h left until kick off! DYOR - but this could be massive.
supremnoob

Activity: 305
Merit: 106

Bored....

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 10:20:21 PM

Yeah. I'm 90% IN VIBE.

PALM BEACH: 100.000 MEMBERS | $1.000.000 GIVEAWAY | FRIENDLY SIGNALS. 50% PRICE OFF. JOIN TODAY !
ONE TIME PAYMENT  ◉LIFE TIME ACCESS  ◉LIVE SUPPORT  ◉DAILY DISCOUNTS  ◉LEGENDARY SIGNALS
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:21:37 PM

VIBE is viberate and it is not putting a Superbowl add. What is this vibehub? Coinmarketcap doesn't show any info for it. I am getting confused with so many tokens with the same names.
WalkinRobbie

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:38:22 AM

Pizza hut ran an ad during the pregame, with teh cast of superstore and one of the lines about paying for the pizza

amy to johnna - how are we paying for the pizza and dont say bitcoin

johnna - well it is a legal currency

dunno about vibe but this was a pizza hut 2 1/2 min commercial
larchonte

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:57:12 AM

WTF, how much that cost, to see this in the superbowl
stefarion

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:11:56 AM

So, no SuperBowl ad after all:   https://medium.com/@VIBEHUBNEWS/our-statement-about-the-super-bowl-commercial-f7c7e317690a

VIBE is viberate and it is not putting a Superbowl add. What is this vibehub? Coinmarketcap doesn't show any info for it. I am getting confused with so many tokens with the same names.

Yes, it's quite easy to get confused with this. Viberate is VIB, while Vibehub is VIBE. This is the page from coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vibe/#charts

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:41:19 AM

I was wondering why it got pumped at these times of market. Unfortunately they didnt aired it. With all the trouble Facebook is giving to crypto market, even broadcasting companies also not preferring to go for crypto related ads.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
adrov

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:49:06 AM

I was wondering why it got pumped at these times of market. Unfortunately they didnt aired it. With all the trouble Facebook is giving to crypto market, even broadcasting companies also not preferring to go for crypto related ads.

Yeah, goverment / media are pushing us down a lot now. This whole "crysis" is result of media shitting on crypto on all fronts for what ever reason that may be (I don't see any real reasons), but surely not like we mere mortals get to know such things Smiley

stefarion

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:48:37 AM

I think that one of the main reasons why cryptocurrency ads have been banned recently is because there are many scam ads. Look at this one, for example:

I think that there is a long way to go until we will have mass-adoption of cryptocurrency, simply because right now a lot of people don't know how to use it and are easily getting scammed. Actually, I created a new thread regarding this, feel free to contribute: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2884483.0

It seems VIBE is going back to where it was before the pump.

bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:05:26 AM

I guess they really fcked us up.
Saying that it was cut by NBC.

But I'm looking at the extended version, and not a single vibe logo out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEXfRMTRJss

Crypto-Bee

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:40:59 PM

I guess they really fcked us up.
Saying that it was cut by NBC.

But I'm looking at the extended version, and not a single vibe logo out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEXfRMTRJss

Here is their explanation:
https://medium.com/@VIBEHUBNEWS/our-statement-about-the-super-bowl-commercial-f7c7e317690a
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: