Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:20:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of cryptocurrencies / regulations coming  (Read 160 times)
darecky (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:38:44 PM

Maybe I'm a noob or whatever you can call me, but I feel like in the upcoming years actual coins like LSK MOD, QSP, BDG etc can convert into actual stocks. It means when you have, let's say, 50 LSK you would receive 50 units of stocks worth in LSK (if the company would agree to do such conversion).
Don't you see it? It's all getting regulated, do you think that actual crypto market won't merge with the current stock market?
Your speculations, visions for the future?

Please share your thoughts.
captain_blood

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

The Most Profitable Mining Pool

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:33:06 PM

I really thought about this but dude crypto is only at the first stage of adoption.

Best and most anticipated event in this crypto-world is when you can pay crypto-currency in any stores, amusements and can instantly witdraw it to FIAT currency in every ATM provider.

But if this will not happen yet, then expect FUD everywhere like this season.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

Yes is possible for crypto such as altcoins to be able to convert to existing company stocks if they raised funds through ICO, then the token can be converted to stocks. Now regulations is very tight and most reliable cryptcurrencies tokens requires KYC to be able to purchase their tokens.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

I think this is possible. And with many other coins. But not soon. This industry is still very raw. There will be many more ups and downs so that such coins as LSK will die and they will be replaced by others.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:44:01 PM

Regulation? Do you seriously think that they can do anything? I think that they will do something, a little bit of course, but people I think will ignore this kind of thing. I'm sure that people will still find ways to invest.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:44:47 PM

I really thought about this but dude crypto is only at the first stage of adoption.

Best and most anticipated event in this crypto-world is when you can pay crypto-currency in any stores, amusements and can instantly witdraw it to FIAT currency in every ATM provider.

But if this will not happen yet, then expect FUD everywhere like this season.

We've just entered the 3rd stage of adoption

1st stage 2009-2013 - Milestone Silkroad
2nd stage 2014-2017 - Milestone Mainstream awareness/marketing, big money.
3rd stage: Now-TBD - Mainstream, Institutional and real-world market trading with heavy regulations
4th stage 5-10years+ from now: World-wide acceptance or rejection, incorporation into most industries/tech
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:10:57 PM

Maybe I'm a noob or whatever you can call me, but I feel like in the upcoming years actual coins like LSK MOD, QSP, BDG etc can convert into actual stocks. It means when you have, let's say, 50 LSK you would receive 50 units of stocks worth in LSK (if the company would agree to do such conversion).
Don't you see it? It's all getting regulated, do you think that actual crypto market won't merge with the current stock market?
Your speculations, visions for the future?

Please share your thoughts.

You still can't regulate most coins at protocol level, as their underlying protocol doesn't allow for interference of third parties into value transfers. That's actually a whole point of cryptocurrency. Keep in mind, that regulating value transfer on exchanges is not the same thing as regulating the coin itself. The same is true for tax laws. So while you can create a law mandating, that people should pay taxes on their crypto profits, you still can't confiscate someone's crypto funds unless you acquire his private keys (for example, when he doesn't pay said taxes).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nwahshearthiad

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

I think it will be a long way to go before the cryptocurrencies will be regulated. There are may stages to be followed and it will take time for it to be stabilzed as there are many things that needs to be consideredin terms of regulating cryptocurrencies.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:30:41 PM

If cryptocurrencies Marge with stocks and share then the aim is defeated and will would be back to a centralize system which is full of manipulations and greed!  I think in future cryptocurrencies markets will be regulated but when we get there we would understand how is going to be done.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:57:35 PM

Not all crypto can be regulated. How to regulate XMR changes? Or using with mixers? Complete prohibition? Or other way? But 90% governments and banks can to control simply
Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:01:50 PM

I think it's possible. This would solve many problems for the regulation of cryptocurrencies.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:26:56 PM

It is difficult to regulate the crypto currency, but it is inevitable. Big money will not come in crypto without regulation
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:30:11 PM

Heavy regulation is inevitably and quite honestly it's needed. That's the only way we're going to get whole-scale adoption. I don't think it will take the form of cryptocurrencies being converted in to traditional stocks however, that kind of goes against the whole idea behind them.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:50:17 PM

Heavy regulation is inevitably and quite honestly it's needed. That's the only way we're going to get whole-scale adoption. I don't think it will take the form of cryptocurrencies being converted in to traditional stocks however, that kind of goes against the whole idea behind them.
and it will indeed be difficult to convert crypto into traditional stocks, because there may be some obstacles, especially in the calculation of the price of each share to be converted. because there is no parent for them that should be made one of the benchmarks that will be very in need
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:54:04 PM

I don't think regulations are always bad think, I think if lightly regulated crypto market will be more popular and will benefit all of us.

My concern is that governments will try to control everything and will try to kill everything if no agreement is reached.

pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

Yes, I understand you, you would like to have something tangible that you can hold in your hands (stocks or bonds), and not just virtual numbers on a virtual exchange. But this will not happen. Since this is contrary to the principle of decentralization. These coins flow from one purse to another, how do you imagine that you will transfer the shares to the buyer? If you mean any dividends. So now there are projects that pay some semblance of dividends to holders of their tokens.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:03:02 AM

I made this point some time ago that this year will be a year of regulations and it has just begun,in any case the stock market has also suffered a lot in the past few days too and so moving some assets to stocks is a good time now.In any case cryptocurrencies are the future.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:07:09 AM

Cryptocurrency and Fiat based stock are fundamentally different from each other.  Government and regulators  around the world have this understanding and that is the reason  there is no all out way against cryptocurrency yet because it's something new that is better than the old!  I believe stock and cryptocurrency will co-exist until formal fades out.

Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:13:00 AM

I don't think so, because tokens and stocks are two different things.
As yesterday's us meeting put it, there is an inclusive approach to digital currency regulation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: