Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:58:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot Log into s9 Miner  (Read 220 times)
bdf (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:58:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have an newly received s9. It's powered up and the IP address reports. When attempting to log into the machine using the IP, the Login and Password box appear as normal. However it will not allow me to login.

Login failure.

I purchased this machine new. The gent I purchased it from indicated he had tested it to ensure correct operation.

I assume this gent may have modified the standard root root login and password.

So I tried to reset the machine to factory settings by holding down the reset button on the S9 for 5 seconds.  After doing this the machine does not appear to respond. I waited 10 min and tried again to login to the IP. Login failure. again.

I tried this 3 more times with exactly same result.

Is there any other reason(s) it might not login?

I simply can't log into this Miner.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:45:19 AM

mhmmh, did you try hard reset via paper clip? Just by googling your problem you can find same problem someone else had already.

I bought 5 Antminer s9's. I can't login to 2 of them. IP reporter works. I can only login to the other 3 using the Google Chrome browser. I can't login using Firefox or Opera or Microsoft Edge. I did clear cache and cookies.

Is there a problem with s9 login? The 2 s9's that I can't login to appear to be working. They each have spinning fans, hot air and flashing green lights. When I put one of their IP addresses into the Google Chrome browser I get the proper login form. When I type in the username root and password root then hit enter, the login form goes away briefly then comes back with the user name and password blank.

Does anyone have a login suggestion? Why can I only login with Google Chrome? I have tried using a paper clip to reset on the Antminers but it doesn't help.

I have had reset problems with my S9's before. But not the login issue. What I would suggest trying is to power the controller only. After powering on, wait a few minutes until it settles down then try the paperclip reset again. Hold it in for at leat 10-15 seconds. It should reset them. Hopefully! Smiley
Then you should be able to get in with the default user/pw.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
bdf (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:25:23 PM

Hello

I am following up on this. I got great feedback from everyone.

Ultimately, I was finally able to hold down the IP report button on the s9 and then power it up while continuing to hold the IP button for 10 more seconds.

This finally worked and reported a different and correct IP address.

Actually I was about to give up, and I had to try resetting and doing this about 7 or 8 times before it finally worked.

So ultimately the machine has reported a false IP and after going thru the IP report button and re-powering it generated the true IP address.

Thanks to ALL for helping with this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: