Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:07:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC boots to graphic card hdmi display by default  (Read 102 times)
coins4commies (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:46:01 AM

How can I set up my PC so that it boots to the VGA/integrated graphics?

I am having no problems until I hookup the GPU.  I know this because my first rig is attached to a tv so I use the HDMI through the GPU but my second rig is attached to a VGA monitor.  I don't have the ability to hook it up through the GPU because I do not have a compatible display. 
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:01:28 AM

I am having no problems until I hookup the GPU.  I know this because my first rig is attached to a tv so I use the HDMI through the GPU but my second rig is attached to a VGA monitor.  I don't have the ability to hook it up through the GPU because I do not have a compatible display. 

You could get an adapter that would allow you to connect a VGA display to a graphics card.

Alternatively, if your rig runs Windows, switching your rig to use the iGPU for display should be easy; just go into the BIOS, set the rig to default to the integrated graphics, connect to the integrated graphics, and you should be good.

If your rig runs Linux, I'd recommend getting an adapter instead of trying to run drivers for both the integrated graphics and the discrete GPUs. It's possible, but a real pain.

If you haven't setup your second rig yet, use the TV with HDMI until you've finished setting it up, then make the necessary changes to use the iGPU with the other monitor.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:01:05 AM

You need to list your system specs.  It is possible that you actually do not have video out capability even if you have an HDMI output on the motherboard.  I am going to take a shot and guess that you have an AMD Ryzen processor...
coins4commies (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:03:15 AM

Sorry about this it was an obvious answer.  I originally went into bios and set integrated graphics to enabled but when I went to "save and exit" i must have declined the option to save because when I went back in after making this thread it was still set to "auto".

The solution was simply to change integrated graphics from "auto" to "enabled" as adding a GPU automatically disables integrated graphics. 

oops
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

Personally I would recommend not using integrated graphics. Running a screen off one of your graphics cards will give a 5-10% reduction in hash rate while the screen is on, but the overhead of trying to get integrated graphics working with nvidia drivers for overclocking is really more trouble than its worth.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: