Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:11:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way to stop ICO scam is  (Read 1014 times)
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:41:09 AM

Let ICO holders automatically send coins to your Ethereum wallet just after receiving your Ethereum

Just like, betrium.co is doing.

KYC is really useless for crypto currency traders.
Hey, good question, I really agains all these KYC procedures and regulation on crypto but when we talk about ICOs I should this field should be regulated for sure, as none of us I am sure do not want to be deceived.
myrliska1313

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:46:18 PM

A certain filter of scam projects will really make life easier for investors and those who perform bounties, but the screening is unlikely to happen sometime.
ternyabin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

Let ICO holders automatically send coins to your Ethereum wallet just after receiving your Ethereum

Hey, good question, I really agains all these KYC procedures and regulation on crypto but when we talk about ICOs I should this field should be regulated for sure, as none of us I am sure do not want to be deceived.
I agree, I think that it will be much better if the ICO will be regulated by the state by analogy with the IPO. This will provide additional guarantees for investors and will make the ICO more secure. Only scammers will suffer.  Cheesy
Xioma

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:26:19 PM

I agree, I think that it will be much better if the ICO will be regulated by the state by analogy with the IPO. This will provide additional guarantees for investors and will make the ICO more secure. Only scammers will suffer.  Cheesy

Yeah this is the only part where I somewhat support heavier regulations. Too many ICOs and even airdrops are just scams nowadays
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

Hello!I agreed with that need to regulate this icos becose more and more came to scam honest peoples who invest in they project to get profit..I think need to build some regulation project on blockchain where is all ico information conculating,and all faces,names,surnames with scamers all around the world,and option to ban they,blacklisted!

7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:33:48 PM

scam is always there but you could eliminate most of it. I strongly you follow Ian Balina (youtuber). He developed his own data matrix to determine which coin is good or not. He started out like everybody else in 2017 and in the end he is millionaire. Don't follow him every step but learn his process and apply it on next ICO

If he is millionaire because of bitcoin or cryptocurrency mean he is a succes man and has great story in this capacity.
Learn from such person will give us more value about how to invest in ico. Its not guarantee for us will be success  but at least we get new lesson from person success story
ProofOfLambo

Merit: 9

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:38:05 PM

I think you are very confused about why they need to do a KYC. A scam can very well sell you tokens straight away but there could be useless, worth zero.
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:43:25 PM

This won't stop ICO scam. Because what, even if coins received automatically to our wallet, this coins doesn't have value yet.
And team still can scamming us, it's easy, just leave the project and close their website. And then coins will not have value anymore.
Stop ICO scam is so hard men, not easy like this.
Xeonhp

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:12:05 PM

This is not a good way to stop ICO scam. Becoz if they give their token to your but Dev team stop developing their project the token price will go to hell.
I think you should research about DAICO, DAICO let investors vote and get back their money if they don't contentment with Dev team.
ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

This is not a good way to stop ICO scam. Becoz if they give their token to your but Dev team stop developing their project the token price will go to hell.
I think you should research about DAICO, DAICO let investors vote and get back their money if they don't contentment with Dev team.
Yes, I'm also sure that such simple methods can not defeat scam in the ICO. To combat fraudsters, it is necessary to introduce regulation ICO. But there are positive and negative points in this.
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

scam is always there but you could eliminate most of it. I strongly you follow Ian Balina (youtuber). He developed his own data matrix to determine which coin is good or not. He started out like everybody else in 2017 and in the end he is millionaire. Don't follow him every step but learn his process and apply it on next ICO
Thanks for your advice. I'll watch him.
I think crypto community have to develop some anti-scam rules.
Mandatory escrow for ICO for example.

tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

Thanks for your advice. I'll watch him.
I think crypto community have to develop some anti-scam rules.
Mandatory escrow for ICO for example.
Yes, it is necessary to develop new methods of fighting fraudsters, current methods work very poorly. It remains to rely only on yourself and do a detailed analysis of projects.
ayesha201009

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:01:57 PM

There is a Vitalik Buterin paper that address the ICO insolvency issues.
https://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~teutsch/papers/ico.pdf
This could be a nice solution, and if I remember correctly some project start to use it! Probably this hype with ICO will end pretty soon with a new global regulation.
ProofOfLambo

Merit: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:17:56 PM

The only way is to eductate yourself and know about business, take the time to read the white papers and do some math or ask someone their view. No shortcuts.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

The only way is to eductate yourself and know about business, take the time to read the white papers and do some math or ask someone their view. No shortcuts.

Even then, you can't say for sure if it's a scam or not, even if everything looks good.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

There is a Vitalik Buterin paper that address the ICO insolvency issues.
https://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~teutsch/papers/ico.pdf
This could be a nice solution, and if I remember correctly some project start to use it! Probably this hype with ICO will end pretty soon with a new global regulation.
I hope that this method really will work, because now the situation with fraud in the ICO sphere is gradually developing into a critical one. Regulation in the ICO is really necessary.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:22:24 PM

The best way to keep away from scams is to keep yourself educated. Its as simple as that. Do extensive research on the project that you intend to buy and always put in money that you can afford to loose. If you follow these 2 simple steps you will end up good no matter how markets are moving.

turmalin

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:02:39 PM

I think there is not any easy way to do it. I believe the platform of decentralized Escrow can help in this. Thanks to them investors have the right to vote to finance the stages of product development. I've seen a couple projects with such ideas, but not any final products yet.  At the moment, this is my only possible but heavy solution
maxiimallist

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

I think there is not any easy way to do it. I believe the platform of decentralized Escrow can help in this. Thanks to them investors have the right to vote to finance the stages of product development. I've seen a couple projects with such ideas, but not any final products yet.  At the moment, this is my only possible but heavy solution
Perhaps decentralized Escrow will be able to change the situation with the increasing fraud in the ICO. I would like to see how this system will work.

ⓄⓄ    Bitscreener - The world's first financial data ecosystem powered by blockchain    ⓄⓄ
ⓄⓄⓄⓄ    ICO starts in June 27     ⓄⓄⓄⓄ
Follow Bitscreener  | Facebook | Twitter| Telegram
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:00:01 AM

Stop investing to them.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███