Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I done good posts but not receive any merit  (Read 551 times)
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:13:07 AM

this system is good, but have to be modified. if i say i post quality posts but who knows who will give Mertis, we can not beg on that.  thats biggest weakness.

sometimes we will stay member forever. but here bitcointalk alternatives will be born rapidly and move away

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsmeram

Activity: 212
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:14:33 AM

We need just to wait new Merit sources... I hope they will make the difference Wink
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:20:27 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 01:43:43 PM by lizardbtc

this system is good, but have to be modified. if i say i post quality posts but who knows who will give Mertis, we can not beg on that.  thats biggest weakness.

sometimes we will stay member forever. but here bitcointalk alternatives will be born rapidly and move away

Try harder, there is not much to it really. With this merit system only what you can do is try to post more often quality content as much as you can per day which raises the chances of somebody noticing your post. Becase even for instance if I read your post and wanted to give you merit maybe I couldn't because I have 0 Smerit. I myself don't post that much posts per day and have gotten only 1 merit so far. Keep posting eventually you should start to receive more I hope.

System is relativly new and it needs time to prove that it works, it is lame sincewe will rank up slower but this is the fact we must face, you and I can't change it. There are many people who don't like the system but it's not our forum so we have to obbey the law and rules because they are there for a reason
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:24:24 AM

We need just to wait new Merit sources... I hope they will make the difference Wink
Yes I am also waiting for updates that can improve this new system. There should be a renewal in order for a performance upgrade. But believe me because sometimes the understanding of the quality of posts is always different for everyone. So I do not think so much hope and keep doing my best.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:27:42 AM

this system is good, but have to be modified.   thats biggest weakness.
The system is good, it doesn't require modification, it needs time so that users can cope up.
if i say i post quality posts but who knows who will give Mertis, we can not beg on that.
A little heads up, your posts aren't good enough to receive any merits, no offense. So your merits are just and fine.
See what theymos has got to say on this: -
It's too early to get a clear picture, but my thoughts so far:

First, most people complaining about merit are constantly posting garbage, and should not rank-up. The forum is not a welfare system

secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:33:15 AM

I've been saying the system is flawed for a long time. These complaints will increase as time goes on because there is no incentive for merit sources to hand out merit. They gain nothing from it. Unless merit is tied into the user experience of a forum user (like how most upvoted posts appear at the top in every thread on reddit) the merit system is never going to take off. It is very obvious, really.

Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:39:01 AM

Re-evaluate yourself and check if you have done and post a merit worthy one. Merit system is about making quality posts so if you're not into that, then do whatever you just said, i only got "move away" so "move away". No one's stopping you, with you gone and other shit posters, bitcointalk would be great again.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16587

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:43:50 AM
Merited by mprep (1), RJX (1), teddy5145 (1), djangocoin (1)

if i say i post quality posts but who knows who will give Mertis
I will go over your last 20 six posts now. If I think any post deserves Merit, I'll give it. If not, I'll tell you why.

this system is good, but have to be modified. if i say i post quality posts but who knows who will give Mertis, we can not beg on that.  thats biggest weakness.

This thread. Basically you complain you can't beg for Merit, but you call it Mertis. This isn't something I would recommend anyone else to read.

its better to do a job and crypto. i too faced serious situation about this. i got a job offer in Maldives islands. i was planning to reject that offer due to bitcoin trading, but my friends and families said that do not reject that foreign job. at last i realized that uncertainty of Crypto world. then i already moved to maldives. but in here i do both thats make me happy. but i earn more than job from Crypto currency. but when extremely deep time comes our investment goes deep so much. at that time we emotional get upset if we do not have stable job. so i highly recommended to do both job and crypto.
Post #186 on page 10 of a Spam Megathread. This may fit in your diary, it's not interesting to read.

Most icos are really fake today. but i personally researched on that so still i not caught by any scam. i done lot research before investing on ico's. i have sucessfully with WABI,POWER LEDGER, NAGAA, etc. newly i invested on bluzelle , wepower sure those will bring best ROI.
I personally more believe on initial coin offerings.
Post #680 on page 34 of a Spam Megathread, in very bad English.

as per my understanding, this is lowest price hit on as far as, so this is the time to buy at least 1 bitcoin. this is very good investment sure. how about your views?
You created this thread "this is the time to buy bit coin". If you can't use the word "Bitcoin" in the topic title, you're clearly not putting any effort into it. Please lock it, before it becomes a Spam Megathread.

yes you are correct, this is the we can spent with families. specially loved ones. this dip will last for at least 1 month.
Dear diary.

Believe on icrodrops website.
You telling me what to do is not how a discussion thread works. It's a useless oneliner to increase your post count.

I give up! I don't know what makes you think you post quality, but you don't.
Please read what Administrator theymos wrote yesterday:
It's too early to get a clear picture, but my thoughts so far:

First, most people complaining about merit are constantly posting garbage, and should not rank-up. The forum is not a welfare system; you don't run through a few hoops and then get paid for doing something that nobody actually wants. I like that good forum members can make money, especially when said forum members are in poorer countries and this is a major opportunity for them. I very much do not want to destroy the sig-ad/airdrop/bounty "industry". But I am not going to tolerate people posting garbage upon garbage.
(pugman beat me too it, I'll just leave it here to emphasize it)

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:46:04 AM

Not quite sure what "good posts" of yours you're referring to but your post quality ranges from shit tier to barely mediocre. TBH, if your posts were just a tad worse, you'd probably get a temp ban for consistently low quality posts.

Also, remember: length does not always equal quality. Padded shit posts that contribute nothing (new) to the discussion are still shit posts - they're just wasting more of everyone's time as well.

signalbitbot

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:50:50 AM

I think it would be great if the users of the forum themselves put a "plus" for a good message
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

The system is just new as we all know. People can give any thoughts about its advantages and disadvantages and I think the admins here are seeing all about our reactions towards it. The only thing we can do is to wait for further updates because everything has room for improvement including this system.

What's important is that this system has raised awareness to everyone here in forum in making quality and helpful posts. It will definitely lessen the nonsensical or spam posts being made and will help the forum to be more productive in giving information and knowledge about every topics.

We don't need to beg for merits just because we have made quality posts. What's important is that everyone is going to be mindful now of what they post.

When everyone have adapted now in the new system, eventually receiving or giving merits for a deserving post might not be too hard because everyone have managed to evolved their old style of posting into quality and informative post.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:45:47 PM

I think it would be great if the users of the forum themselves put a "plus" for a good message
That's what merit system is for actually but others would have to give you a +merit in order to gain one. You can see it on everyone's post in the upper right. If you want to give someone merits for a good message, then click it.

Of course merit cannot be begged. IMO the system is good as it is now and doesn't need modification. One will only stay as a member forever if the user does not do helpful posts.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:49:22 PM

Just because you think your post is merit worthy, does not mean we think so too.

For example if there was a negative merit option you'd get a bunch for starting this thread.

Go Big or Go Home.
fedorover

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

❐ Zeex ❐ NO FIAT, NO FEES.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:28:44 PM

You have to work on your grammar first to make a good impression on any other alternative forum that you are going to join.

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:38:35 PM

Yes I am also waiting for updates that can improve this new system. There should be a renewal in order for a performance upgrade. But believe me because sometimes the understanding of the quality of posts is always different for everyone. So I do not think so much hope and keep doing my best.

i am not here for any longer everyday so i can not really make several good post a day but at least i did my best. i dont know what they are thinking about my post.
however, you are right. the post quality will be different between me and other member, so i dont really hope to get merit. i just do as far as my knowledge.
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:45:21 PM

Don't pay your attention on merits, it will let you down. Simply think about how to write constructive high quality threads, how to help others with your posts, how to change the forum by your tiny contribution. After all, merits will come (one day, two days, one week, one month, etc).
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:48:13 PM

What the purpose of the forum ?
A place for discussion not a place for looking merit

If you just looking for the merit than you're not allow to be here.
bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:33:32 PM

Now that merit is a requirement to rank up, it is important. Different people are here for different reasons and we should not have an issue with it.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

Now that merit is a requirement to rank up, it is important. Different people are here for different reasons and we should not have an issue with it.

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you want to rank up?
What's the purpose of that? Ranks were made as an addition, something that most forums have to show that some users are more experienced and have been here for a long time. It of course adds some value to their posts, but like I said it's a secondary thing. The primary thing is always the content of your post, not your rank.

Now, since accounts have value and can be sold I'd assume it's that important reason you're talking about. Prove me wrong.

StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:32:02 PM

putting any effort into it. Please lock it, before it becomes a Spam Megathread.

Off Topic and just to ask you about Spam Megathreads.

1. I love that term, It emphasises what is wrong with this forum, all threads are at a risk of becoming SPMT´s. Is that a new saying or something you invented? I am quite new on this forum so I do not have the complete history.

2. What would be the solution to all SPMT´s? Is that not locking them, or deleting them? Thus deleting the post history and every activity and merit earned by that SPMT´s.

That would be great - I replied in earnest to a few of those threads, and most likely some of those I have replied to has later become Spam Megathreads. But I would not mind - If it would rid some garbage away.

But in retrospect. Would "Goldmining" good threads(locking them)
and LocknDelete SPMT´s be a new step in the right direction?

Ps: would have merited you if I had any Smiley

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: