Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project is on the ice, until there is more interest about this kind of coin  (Read 8122 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:54:41 PM

Yes, exactly.

But blockchain is a poor way to implement such things initially because the volume of transactions is not enough for the transaction fees to attract miners, even if you use merged mining so that mining costs miners close to nothing. That is why United kingdom Britcoin (UKB), Canadian Digital Notes (CDN) and so on moved away from using blockchains until some hypothetical future date when transaction fees are enough to attract miners.

What they did not move away from however is the cap on how many coins total will be "minted", which turned out to make it very hard - and maybe ultimately pointless - to try to suppress the per coin value to keep it as low as the per unit value of the fiat they initially had intended to be at parity with:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabbyGab

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

I do not support TIX Tickets.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:03:59 PM

Yes, exactly.

But blockchain is a poor way to implement such things initially because the volume of transactions is not enough for the transaction fees to attract miners, even if you use merged mining so that mining costs miners close to nothing. That is why United kingdom Britcoin (UKB), Canadian Digital Notes (CDN) and so on moved away from using blockchains until some hypothetical future date when transaction fees are enough to attract miners.

What they did not move away from however is the cap on how many coins total will be "minted", which turned out to make it very hard - and maybe ultimately pointless - to try to suppress the per coin value to keep it as low as the per unit value of the fiat they initially had intended to be at parity with:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

The coin can't be mined with the wallet that's for public use. The blockchain will be kept alive by some small rig. The coin can't be mined with the public wallets to prevent 51% attacks.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

But if the public wallets are able ultimately to find a port to connect to, that port can then be connected to by a custom miner someone builds.

So are you trying to use "security by obscurity", hoping no-one figures out where to connect a miner of their own in order to 51% you?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
halibit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:18:51 PM

But if the public wallets are able ultimately to find a port to connect to, that port can then be connected to by a custom miner someone builds.

So are you trying to use "security by obscurity", hoping no-one figures out where to connect a miner of their own in order to 51% you?

-MarkM-

"Miner wallets" are behind nat and public node address is "no mining" wallet.
But no one can't say, it's unbreakable.

I'll let you try.
First one who can permanently break cryptoDOLLAR network, so it comes unstable to use anymore, or network loose coins, will get 0.5 BTC.
(Not some temporary ip ping attach please. There will be more nodes on the future).

I go to sleep now. Let see what I have tomorrow Smiley
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:26:46 PM

So yeah, security by obscurity.

Meanwhile if someone puts mining into a node and posts its address where other nodes will learn about it and connect, they can mine just fine.

That is security by obscurity.

-MarkM-

halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:29:59 PM

So yeah, security by obscurity.

Meanwhile if someone puts mining into a node and posts its address where other nodes will learn about it and connect, they can mine just fine.

That is security by obscurity.

-MarkM-

Can you do that, please. I want to learn and it's easy money for you.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

Half a bitcoin? That isn't easy money, its a pathetic pittance.

-MarkM-

halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

-MarkM-

Sorry, Hard times  Undecided
Good to know it's not easy money for that job.
And of course, if there will be more money on the network, I will audit security on different level too.
dunderklumpen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:31:12 PM

-MarkM-

Sorry, Hard times  Undecided
Good to know it's not easy money for that job.
And of course, if there will be more money on the network, I will audit security on different level too.

How do you intend to use the money in the network, aint they deposited as liquidity for the cryptoDollars in circulation!?
Seriously just scrap this entire idea its so stupid...
kyntar

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:59:16 AM

No don't scrap it I have 2 usd sitting in his swiss bank account.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:31:24 AM

No problem even if some one break the cD network. (I doubt, they can), but your hard worked 2 dollars are safe anyway, if they don't break usd account.
dunderklumpen

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:13:49 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 10:39:50 AM by dunderklumpen

No problem even if some one break the cD network. (I doubt, they can), but your hard worked 2 dollars are safe anyway, if they don't break usd account.

Lol are you for real, what lunatic asylum did you escape from?
ATm you "network" is worth a few dollars(well maybe not even that) but how do you estimare the interest of making forks and so on if its worth 2 billion dollars, get real, take your pills as ordinated and crawl back into your padded cell.

Are you too blind to see that something is fundamentally wrong with your concept when it even gets hard to give away free coins at this forum?
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:45:43 AM

Lol are you for real, what lunatic asylum did you escape from?
ATm you "network" is worth a few dollars(well maybe not even that) but how do you estimare the interest of making forks and so on if its worth 2 billion dollars, get real, take your pills as ordinated and crawl back into your padded cell.

Are you too blind to see that something is fundamentally wrong with your concept when it even gets hard to give away free coins at this forum?
Right. Network is 2 dollars worth right now Smiley
Go to sleep dude and eat well. Then we can talk more.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:22:34 PM

cryptoDOLLAR bank wallet balance online information added.
http://cryptodollarcoin.com/?page_id=119
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:26:39 PM

Hmm. In this kind of situation when BTC crashing, I think cryptodollar should be interest coin in exchange where is no USD market, like cryptsy. Sorry I didn't get it on the market yet. I just have too much "normal" job right now.
kyntar

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:23:10 PM

so how are my two cryptodollars holding up? Are they playing nice together.
halibit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:42:25 PM

so how are my two cryptodollars holding up? Are they playing nice together.

Smiley Your 2 dollars are fine and safe deposed on btce holding USD value  Smiley
I put this project on ice until there is even few people who want to develope it.

If you want your cd to cash out, give me your btc address and I will send it to you.

Good to see you are still on forum, long time no see.
kyntar

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Keep them there and keep the dream alive. Always been here more of a reader than a poster though.
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:13:34 PM

I'm not a lawyer but this really sounds like legal trouble
lordgerson

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:55:08 PM

is this dude still alive? the cryptodollar website gives a database error? Was looking for something just like this for a little project of my own...Anyone know where this has gone?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: