Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange  (Read 89 times)
MarkZuckerCoin (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:05:07 PM

Hello, is it possible for an exchange to "ban" the address which you are going to send coins to?

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Join Whitelist today for Private ICO (on 1st March) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:10:31 PM

Under what context? Bitcoin transactions are immutable. That means no one can stop one address from sending funds to another address and vice versa.

Exchanges work kinda differently though. Your receiving address could have different funds from your "account", so I suppose they could ban it by making it so that funds sent from a certain address will not be credited to your account, though I've never heard of that happening ever.

I've never heard of exchanges banning transfers to certain addresses either, but since they're the one broadcasting your transactions for you, it's also possible.

MarkZuckerCoin (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:28:32 PM

Under what context? Bitcoin transactions are immutable. That means no one can stop one address from sending funds to another address and vice versa.

Exchanges work kinda differently though. Your receiving address could have different funds from your "account", so I suppose they could ban it by making it so that funds sent from a certain address will not be credited to your account, though I've never heard of that happening ever.

I've never heard of exchanges banning transfers to certain addresses either, but since they're the one broadcasting your transactions for you, it's also possible.

Oic alright thanks, cause i'm wondering if an exchange could do that o.o

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Join Whitelist today for Private ICO (on 1st March) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: