Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very important ico <Ocean protocol > coming up, Whitelisting starting on 2/15  (Read 1882 times)
bagsk

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

Cryptofan!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:53:42 AM

I, too, the maximum amount for investing gives 1.825 aired. For the time being, I do not want to invest. I'll watch, but I do not see the hype yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:43:20 AM

Looks like the whitelist is closed
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:50:04 AM

The pre sale for whitelisted users started yesterday. Unfortunately the max contribution amount per user was only 1.8 ETH. Sad
witch

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:34:58 AM

The maximum contribution amount is only 1.825 ETH? Really? Is this a joke?  Why is it that low?
It is not low, bearish market + more than 1 year locked, many will leave and I am sure that the cap will not be reached

It is not a small contribution cap? If you are sure that the soft/hard cap will not be reached why are you saying that the max contribution amount per user is not too low?

This does not make sense imho.
GregoryPorter

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:55:06 PM

I've looked at it. It seems legit but not really something I could be confident enough to say this will be this years biggest ICO, far from it to be honest I think their are allot of good ICO's out this year for it to compete with
nguyen0806

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

As I thought, they have not reached hardcap easily and they have removed 1.8 cap Lol
The pre sale for whitelisted users started yesterday. Unfortunately the max contribution amount per user was only 1.8 ETH. Sad
TOM47

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:18:47 AM

Trent McConaghy, Co-Founder - Curated Proof Markets & Token-Curated Identities in Ocean Protocol

Trent details Ocean’s token mechanics via step-by-step examples of how users earn tokens by curating data and making it available, in a Proofed Curation Market (PCM) setting. He also describes Ocean's approach to identity, which leverages Token-Curated Registries (TCR) on actors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxkvJmh7t0Y
witch

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

Sorry, could i please ask where i can see the balance of the tokens i purchased at the ico. It has been a while i know. I cannot log in on the web. Many thanks
fishervwb

Activity: 445
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:52:03 AM

Advancing attested IoT data trading marketplaces through Weeve & BigchainDB/Ocean Protocol Partnership

22.05.2018. Berlin, Germany — Weeve, a Berlin-based blockchain startup is, announcing its partnership with BigchainDB/Ocean Protocol to explore IoT data-trading marketplaces with the help of Artificial Intelligence. This partnership is the result of meeting at Consensus 2018 hosted by Coindesk, during NYC Blockchain week.

Weeve is building the ecosystem for the machine-to-machine economy, where IoT devices monetize their most valuable asset, data. The Weeve Network enables truthful data trading through the Blockchain and creation of private and public marketplaces, curated to sell the aforementioned data.
https://medium.com/weeves-world/advancing-attested-iot-data-trading-marketplaces-through-weeve-bigchaindb-ocean-protocol-9b37f41ffb23
NightDream

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:13:52 AM

Plankton Hackathon
A tale of our 4-day odyssey to deploy the masts of a super lightweight, end-to-end version of Ocean Protocol.
https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/plankton-hackathon-f933dbe43d2d

Ocean Log — Sail Date #1: Smooth Seas
Ocean Log — Sail Date #2: Rise of the Keepers
Ocean Log — Sail Date #3: Mayday, we’ve hit an iceberg!
Ocean Log — Sail Date #4: We’ve made it to Ithaca!
orbman

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:35:28 PM
Merited by mrhood (2), Olegya199 (1)

ICO Analysis: Ocean Protocol
Published on June 20, 2018
By Daniel Won

Team
The Ocean Protocol team brings a lot of experience to the table.
CEO Bruce Pon spent years at top companies like Accenture and Daimler AG as a consultant and project manager before founding his own consulting, data, and blockchain-based companies.
Overall, the team has deep experience in big data, blockchain, AI, and data exchange and has done things like calculate gravity assisted trajectories between Earth and Mars, built a dozen global banks, managed operating budgets over $30 million, and more.
Companies, institutions, and organizations that the team is or has worked with include MIT, Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Google, Ernst & Young, and more.
Pon and other core members founded BigchainDB in 2014. BigchainDB will develop Ocean Protocol and has already created things like ascribe.io, a way for creators to track intellectual property on the blockchain, WhereOnThe.Net, which tracks the spread of creative works, IDPB, the Interplanetary Database or a shared global database, ImageMatch, machine learning-based image recognition, and more. Clearly, it isn’t their first rodeo when it comes to things like blockchain, data, and AI.
DEX Pte. Ltd. is also working on developing Ocean Protocol and was a lead partner for Data City : Data Nation, a partnership amongst Singaporean and British corporations and governments to work on data exchange by providing common regulatory and governance frameworks.
Singapore, which has shown its hostility towards crypto at times, is the lead government partner for Ocean Protocol. Singapore wants to become the hub for data sharing and is working with Ocean Protocol to achieve that goal.
Verdict
Though Ocean Protocol has a promising premise and team with lots of relevant experience, lack of a working product and significant partnerships makes investing less desirable.
Risks
    No working product (-2)
    Many other competitors like Enigma, Datum, Dentcoin, Streamr, and more, some of which have working products. (-1)
    No other significant advisors or partnerships besides Singaporean government that could boost the spread of Ocean Protocol. (-1)
    No hard cap announced for Network Launch Distribution round. (-1)
Growth Potential
    Data sharing and AI are huge growth industries. (+3)
    Team has lots of experience, especially in relevant fields, such as blockchain, data exchange, and AI. (+3)
    While competitors may be focusing on specific use cases, such as “data marketplace for advertising data”, Ocean Protocol is more of a platform, and platforms, e.g. Ethereum and NEO, have done well in the past. (+2)
    Pre-Launch round had an equitable token distribution with a max contribution of 1250 euros – helps prevent dumping by whales. (+2)
    Long vesting periods to prevent dumping. (+1)
Disposition
It might be better to pick up some OCN post-ICO or if and when the project is more proven in terms of a working product and partnerships. Moreover, Network Launch Distribution details have yet to be released, which could have an influence on investment potential as well.
Ocean Protocol receives a 5/10.
Proof: https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-ocean-protocol/
Kirilp

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:23:01 PM

Ocean’s Odyssey to Unlock Data for AI
Travel Log — May 2018 https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/the-odyssey-to-unlock-data-for-ai-735fcd363e28
Artemsv

Activity: 756
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:29:37 AM

TypeForm Data Breach FAQs
On June 29, 2018 at 1900 CST, we were informed by TypeForm of a data breach which affected Seed and private Pre-Launch contributors to Ocean Protocol.

The TypeForm report stated that the hackers accessed the data that Seed and private Pre-Launch contributors submitted to fulfil KYC and AML requirements. Information that the hackers likely downloaded includes email, birthdate, place of birth, ID number, nationality, wallet address, scans of identity documents, proof of residence, proof of accreditation and for our US participants, SSN.

We are trying to confirm with TypeForm whether your data was stored in an encrypted or unencrypted manner. If it was stored unencrypted, then the hackers have your information. https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/typeform-data-breach-faqs-11008736aaa9
Jekwizor

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:50:42 PM

Towards a Natural Model of Decentralised Data Ecosystems
A detailed look at the Ocean Protocol ecosystem and its network of participants.
https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/towards-a-natural-model-of-decentralised-data-ecosystems-bbb868b40079
Alexbt

Activity: 542
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

Roadmap | Setting Sail — An Ocean Odyssey
It’s been awhile since a holistic update has been released, so I want to update our fellow sailors before the dog-days. This blog post recaps where we have been, where we are now, and where we are going. https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/roadmap-setting-sail-an-ocean-odyssey-3e368897f1cc
elitecstrike

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

Community Report, June 2018| —Mapping the Course
Surfs up! Ocean Protocol caught some sweet waves this month and members of the team were stoked to be part of inspiring meetups, insightful panel discussions, intense hackathons and even collect a prestigious prize at a flashy awards ceremony. There was a lot going on in town in June, and it felt like we were there on the ground, everywhere at once this past month. https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/community-report-june-2018-mapping-the-course-making-connections-c3302d319f1
elitecstrike

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:32:02 AM

Feeding a Data-Hungry World
Ocean Protocol for Data Science, Part I

As Data Scientists, there are new technologies fast coming online which will change the way we build and train models, be it for personal projects, or as we work at our startups or large companies. In this series, I will explain some of these new technologies in the context of Ocean Protocol, insofar as it will impact your data science workflow.

At Ocean, we are building an ecosystem for data. This is to me the most powerful aspect of the project, as ecosystems are systems which evolve, diversify, and express emergent and anti-fragile behavior. The goal of the Ocean Protocol Foundation is to seed and nurture this nascent system.

Today, at the genesis of Ocean, let’s explore how the project can change your data-science workflow and your quest for more data. We’ll concentrate on the data Marketplace and it’s two sides: Data Scientist (Consumer) and Data Provider. https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/feeding-a-data-hungry-world-8d43ca22c62
TOM47

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:24:45 AM

Meet the Fleet Part IX- Dr. Irene Lopez de Vallejo
We’ve been hard at work since the public Pre-Launch. We’ve staffed up new team members from all over the world. We’ve set detailed plans for the tech, community and partnerships. Now we’d like to introduce some of our team members to you, in a celebration of the diversity and transparency of Team Ocean. https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/meet-the-fleet-part-ix-dr-irene-lopez-de-vallejo-bfba10674256
faragly

Activity: 588
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:25:24 PM

Interesting article in the capital section of bbc.com today about profiting from your own personal data. Ocean Protocol gets a mention

Can you make money selling your data?
elitecstrike

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:36:54 PM

Ocean Protocol European Roadshow — October, 2018
Taking it to the streets! There’s so much exciting news to share at Ocean Protocol that we decided to bring it straight to the community in October on our European Roadshow.
https://blog.oceanprotocol.com/ocean-protocol-european-roadshow-october-2018-46b5f4f7ad89
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: