Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:50:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Flawed Merit System  (Read 365 times)
cryptoneum (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:17:52 PM

In my opinion merit system is a great idea and a non-regulatory way to  control the members from posting spam in this form.

But what about members who hoard merits and just post garbage just for signature bounty.

This is unfair to newbies who are posting quality posts but never get merits due these selfish senior members?

If there is rule for newbies to survive in this form why there is no rule for these senior members?

If this flaw is fixed then i think merit system the best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:22:27 PM
Merited by marlboroza (2), LeGaulois (1), Tyrantt (1)

Fucking shut up!
Just shut up! Go away from this forum if you can't read anything or don't know what is going on.
And FYI ,a member,I repeat a member:- nullius has received way more merits than 99% of the users here. His posts are worth a read,and helpful too. So again,GTFO.

cryptoneum (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

Fucking shut up!
Just shut up! Go away from this forum if you can't read anything or don't know what is going on.
And FYI ,a member,I repeat a member:- nullius has received way more merits than 99% of the users here. His posts are worth a read,and helpful too. So again,GTFO.

Yeah.. i was expecting this response from guys like you..maybe you don't know why. Let me tell you because if a system is in your favour then nobody like questions against that system.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:43:02 PM

In my opinion merit system is a great idea and a non-regulatory way to  control the members from posting spam in this form.
Merit system don't force anyone to make quality posts. But we must make constructive posts rewarded merit to rank up.

This is unfair to newbies who are posting quality posts but never get merits due these selfish senior members?
you didn't receive merit because you are not worth for it.

If there is rule for newbies to survive in this form why there is no rule for these senior members?
First come first serve. Old members have activated and contributed for this forum for years. At least 8.5 month to reach senior rank (before when no merit system). They are worth for it.

No thanks, until now it's good
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:43:37 PM

Fucking shut up!

Yeah.. i was expecting this response from guys like you..maybe you don't know why. Let me tell you because if a system is in your favour then nobody like questions against that system.

I second what pugman said.. and no I don't hoard merits

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

This is absolutely disgusting and shameful to see how some high ranked users  start bashing any users who complains about this crappy 'Merit' system.

Who are you to judge?Did you actually earn those merits that you got? You got it by default so don't brag about something that you didn't earn.

I wonder how many posts of those so called current ' High ranked' are actually merit worthy. But now they come on ever thread that complains about 'merit' thread and start bashing the users and start praising this crap 'Merit' system.

You don't need to be a judge of something that you yourselves DID NOT earn!    I have checked, and most you guys give merit to some one who actually praises this crappy 'Merit system.

Have some self respect.
cryptoneum (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

Fucking shut up!

I second what pugman said.. and no I don't hoard merits

I totally agree you and some of the honest members (DooMAD) who always think of betterment of this forum. I was talking about some shitty guys who hoard merits just for their benefits and some members like pugman who cannot take questions.
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

But what about members who hoard merits and just post garbage just for signature bounty.

With time you will see improvements. I will not be surprised if there are strict requirements for all members to earn certain number of merits per year to retain current rank.
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

This is absolutely disgusting and shameful to see how some high ranked users  start bashing any users who complains about this crappy 'Merit' system.

Who are you to judge?Did you actually earn those merits that you got? You got it by default so don't brag about something that you didn't earn.

I wonder how many posts of those so called current ' High ranked' are actually merit worthy. But now they come on ever thread that complains about 'merit' thread and start bashing the users and start praising this crap 'Merit' system.

You don't need to be a judge of something that you yourselves DID NOT earn!    I have checked, and most you guys give merit to some one who actually praises this crappy 'Merit system.

Have some self respect.
Even if they are newbies,come on man. One gets frustrated with increasing number of topics discussing the same thing over and over again.
There are thousands of threads opened for merit system. It has not even been two weeks since they got implemented. You see the craziness here?
We did earn! We came a bit early to this forum,increased our activity,and hence we were rewarded what we deserve. We are not judging here,we are guiding users in a more harsh way so that they can understand. Look,everyone was a spammer/shitposter once but they improvise.
You don't like the merit system ,don't. No one is against criticism but if every one posts the same thing over and over again without giving some time to the system to co-relate with the forum and its members,then some one needs to tell you the harsh truth.
I'm sorry that I'm harsh but if you're so reluctant to learn about merit system or even read some things about it,such way is how things will go.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:33:24 PM

Very interesting topic! Thanks!

OP, how would you feel if everyone respond to your topic like this and never come back again?

cryptoneum (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:25:24 PM

Very interesting topic! Thanks!

OP, how would you feel if everyone respond to your topic like this and never come back again?

Fucking shut up!

What's even more interesting thing is some of the so called senior members thought this post was constructive and gave merits to this one..WTF.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:44:49 PM

The merit system is terribly flawed.  People are already selling merit and giving it out to friends.   A lot of the higher ranked members  ranked up by posting very short/spam type messages in the past.  Older users get such a massive advantage and most people are not even going to get credited merit if they post something that is worthy.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:42:41 PM

The merit system is terribly flawed.  People are already selling merit and giving it out to friends.   A lot of the higher ranked members  ranked up by posting very short/spam type messages in the past.  Older users get such a massive advantage and most people are not even going to get credited merit if they post something that is worthy.

You can sell your merit, no problem, but you're sure to get banned sooner or later (See my post here about that)

---

It's getting really ridiculous, whenever a lower rank is posting something like this and says that they're not getting merit, usually (not saying all of the lower ranks but majority) their posts aren't that good tbh. I'm not getting merit myself but I'm not crying about it because I know what quality my posts are.

That isn't true. Also, do not expect to get 10+ merit for just one quality post, keep the quality and constructive posts going and I'm pretty sure you'll see the progress.

The merit system is terribly flawed.  People are already selling merit and giving it out to friends.   A lot of the higher ranked members  ranked up by posting very short/spam type messages in the past.  Older users get such a massive advantage and most people are not even going to get credited merit if they post something that is worthy.

Well if you know that's going on, make a topic about that and let people know. Rank means nothing in the terms of quality posting, even if you're a newbie and have quality posts you will get merit.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:05:41 PM

The merit system is terribly flawed.  People are already selling merit and giving it out to friends.
Life is not perfect, people are flawed too, so why do you think this forum would be without small problems. Moderators of this forum are doing best they can to make it better, so have some patience.
Those who break the rules of Merit system are being dealt with, already seen some punished accounts. Also if you see someone breaking the rules, simply report them to moderators.

A lot of the higher ranked members  ranked up by posting very short/spam type messages in the past.  Older users get such a massive advantage and most people are not even going to get credited merit if they post something that is worthy.
Because of those people that made low quality posts, moderators invented Merit system. To prevent people from reaching rank they do not deserve, and to encourage and reward those who wish to become better.
I am not sure of which advantage you speak of, which advantage higher ranks have that lower ranks don't? If you want to improve and rank up, work on your posts. Make them as high quality as you can, in time you will get Merits you need. Also know that you will get zero Merits from moaning.

Fucking shut up!

What's even more interesting thing is some of the so called senior members thought this post was constructive and gave merits to this one..WTF.

They just don't know how to properly use sMerit system. I guess they see it as Facebook Like, they give Merit to what they agree with or what they like... That is just wasting of sMerit.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:49:58 AM

Fucking shut up!

@pugman : I do not think you need to be so impolite to someone else in this forum. If you don't like something just ignore it , move ahead (or report to moderator)  or explain it in polite way.

@others : I do not understand how somebody can merit this impolite behavior. It is unfortunate that bunch of Hero members meriting the post.

@cryptoneum : Buddy Enough is discussed about Merit so we all should now stop. I am sure flaws  will be remove with time. Read Theymos post, Administration is aware of all the pros and cons of the system.

I am alive
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:57:03 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 02:09:56 AM by marlboroza
Merited by pugman (3), Eternu (2), The Sceptical Chymist (1)

~
They just don't know how to properly use sMerit system. I guess they see it as Facebook Like, they give Merit to what they agree with or what they like... That is just wasting of sMerit.

That is not correct. You see, pugman made very constructive post. You just have to read between lines:

Fucking shut up!
Please stop complaining, only thing you guys are doing are complaining about merit and you can't write single constructive post.
Go away from this forum if you can't read anything or don't know what is going on.
Merit system was introduced because of users like you, I am sorry for telling you the truth, but that is how it is, besides, your all posts are spam 2-3 lines post burst and some of your posts are plagiarism so you will probably be banned from using forum, and whoever is banned is not allowed to come back so I would suggest you to find another forum.
And FYI ,a member,I repeat a member:- nullius has received way more merits than 99% of the users here.
I will give you example how you should post constructive posts if you want to receive merit, check nullius's posts and you will see that he is posting high quality posts and you should try to be at least half constructive he is and because he is writing high quality posts he has received more merit than any other junior member here.
So again,GTFO.
So again, to repeat, if you don't like this forum, this merit system and you don't like forum rules I can only suggest you to use other forum without merit system.

Although I don't agree on choice of his words, but I know what he was trying to say and to be honest I am not sure why OP isn't banned already, he likes to copy articles which are not his https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2876260.msg29591360#msg29591360, unless OP is CEO and CO founder of an exchange which I highly doubt.. Roll Eyes

EDIT
@eternu, was my post constructive enough? I spent some time writing it and I pointed hidden meaning of pugmans post. I even used bold and italic.
Would you show to the others how to properly use merit system, because it is not Facebook Like and you are giving merits to constructive posts only?
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:26:23 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 07:21:29 PM by pugman

Although I don't agree on choice of his words, but I know what he was trying to say and to be honest I am not sure why OP isn't banned already, he likes to copy articles which are not his https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2876260.msg29591360#msg29591360, unless OP is CEO and CO founder of an exchange which I highly doubt.. Roll Eyes
Article/post on quota: - https://www.quora.com/Can-Blockchain-succeed-without-Bitcoin ;check the 4th answer.
Thank you Marlboroza for breaking down my post and explaining what I meant.  Smiley
I agree that i have been rude and nasty towards users, I apologize for my immaturity.
People spend their sMerits as per their wish. The system allows freedom to merit any user, but giving merits to posts of no value or terrible content /English is considered to be misuse of the merit system by the community's policies.
Are you trying to say that all constructive posts are huge ass, where some one says a large text of bullshit and just because it is big doesn't really make it a constructive post.

ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:50:23 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 01:39:14 AM by ducdr

The merit system is terribly flawed.  People are already selling merit and giving it out to friends.   A lot of the higher ranked members  ranked up by posting very short/spam type messages in the past.  Older users get such a massive advantage and most people are not even going to get credited merit if they post something that is worthy.

Please think positive, fella. What I have seen so far after the laugh of merit system is "Users, particularly lower ranked ones, including newbies, and Jr. Members) have tended to write longer threads. I agree that just part of those are qualified enough, some of them are high-qualitied, constructive. Not all of those are high-qualitied, but the fact is qualities of posts in the forum increased, generally. By writing this way, users will become better, more constructive over time. Is it good or bad? Absolutely good. Do you agree at this point?

Furthermore, there are some 'illegal' activities in the shadow (I simply call illegal) as you and several higher-qualitied members spotted in other topics. They have tried fighting against merit system in negative approach. I don't support this one. They didn't realize the good impacts that merit system bring to this forum. They simply want to be ranked up as soon as possible in order to join bounties, campaigns, airdrops, etc. Those one will never contribute anything to the forum if they don't change themselves. I don't want to offend anyone, but this is fact. Theymos, admin, will find a way to control or at best eliminate those ones forever out of our forum. I hope so, it will be better for all.

Additionally, there are flaws of merit system at the moment, of course. And we should wait, give admin, the forum a little bit more time to correct/ adjust. Don't worry. Everything will be fixed sooner or later. The forum will turn to its original objectives as a place for discussion about bitcoin, later expanded to Altcoins; this is a place for learning, sharing knowledge, experiences, helping each other.

Waiting to see more good news, good impacts of merit system.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:59:10 AM
Merited by pugman (1)

And again a new post to degrade the Merit System.
Guys, I am not a Hero/Legendary/Sr Member and with the merit system it for sure will take some time to level myself up.

But again, the system is just implemented weeks back and you are already coming up with shitty posts talking like being in the forum for ages.
Yes, Higher Rank members are getting default merits and they are having it for a reason > Being in the forum for a way longer time then your new profiles.

You just cannot jump out a gun and say, hey, your new system is crappy, I cant level up now. Well, stop complaining and start quality postings.

Most of the new profiles in here are just created for the sake of earning change tokens via Bounty and we are seeing a lot many multiple accounts created as such, with the merit system and not having the capability to give merits with new profiles, its pretty good that such fakes and scam accounts will slowly come to an end.

There are a lot goods in the merit system, its just a matter of time you realize it.

As I always say, the forum motive was not bounties but instead the knowledge sharing and making a strong crypto community. If you are unaware of what that is, this is not the place for you!!
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:36:56 AM

The Merit System discussion has been going on for a long time, and it is easy to say that it is the quarrel between some senior members and new members! The idea that new members want to upgrade to higher rewards is normal, but it's a bit hard to upgrade! Senior members, however, say that if you can make meaningful posts, you can get Merit!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: