Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If BTC hits $50,000, what price will Bitcoin Cash be?  (Read 449 times)
Leahhhh (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

If BTC hits $50,000, what price will Bitcoin Cash be? Will it rise in tandem with the bitcoin price or will it reduce as money is transferred into BTC?
radlem

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

I think it ultimately depends on HOW bitcoin reaches 50k.

The difference between BCH and BTC is that BCH has a larger block size, which can hold more transactions. At the time of the fork, the reason for this is so that more transactions can fit in a block thus increasing waiting times, and also reduces the large bitcoin transaction fees.

Now, there is a lot of talk recently about the lightning network. In my opinion, if LN actually works and becomes massively adopted, then Bitcoin Cash would not have any value anymore, since it's only purpose of existing is already solved in Bitcoin.

If BTC somehow reaches 50k without implementing LN or solving the scalability problems, then BCH still has some use cases, and would still be of value.
azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:26:21 PM

The difference between BCH and BTC is that BCH has a larger block size, which can hold more transactions. At the time of the fork, the reason for this is so that more transactions can fit in a block thus increasing waiting times, and also reduces the large bitcoin transaction fees.

Now, there is a lot of talk recently about the lightning network. In my opinion, if LN actually works and becomes massively adopted, then Bitcoin Cash would not have any value anymore, since it's only purpose of existing is already solved in Bitcoin.

If BTC somehow reaches 50k without implementing LN or solving the scalability problems, then BCH still has some use cases, and would still be of value.

True but this is something "if" LN is implemented.
We will always have this kind of issue or speculations but mainly they might be on hold on this cuz many want more FORKED coins to be created. Maybe this is my point of view but seem like many are still on hold for most of the thing involving not just bitcoin but other coins as well. Maybe this year wont be breaking point in matter of price but maybe in matter of accepting new solutions for crytpo in global.
Nosk

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:55:49 PM

We will always have this kind of issue or speculations but mainly they might be on hold on this cuz many want more FORKED coins to be created. Maybe this is my point of view but seem like many are still on hold for most of the thing involving not just bitcoin but other coins as well. Maybe this year wont be breaking point in matter of price but maybe in matter of accepting new solutions for crytpo in global.

There is no "if LN is implemented". Those who want to use it just use it, as some already started to use it. It will be more an adoption problem (similar to the bitcoin itself I think).
SonoCoin

Activity: 46
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:55:57 PM

BCH has been relatively steady between 13-20 percent of BTC. Time will tell if people begin to grow tired of BTC's tx costs - if so we could see BCH fly past its current pegged percentage
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

If BTC hits $50,000, what price will Bitcoin Cash be? Will it rise in tandem with the bitcoin price or will it reduce as money is transferred into BTC?

I suspect that it will grow with bitcoin, I don't think it will disappear if bitcoin has great success. For BTC to reach 50k the transaction issues need to be fully resolved to make it a viable payment option again. If this does happen then we can expect that bitcoin cash will lose some popularity. But I also suspect that given bitcoin reaching 50k will require a lot of new investment coming to the market, then a lot will also flow in to bitcoin cash, even if it is effectively an inferior option.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

Wake up from this mad dream.  Bitcoin will not reach 50k.  It is struggling to stay above 7k.  Why are people in dreamland. 
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:47:30 PM

Now the price of bitcoin cash is greater than a Ethereum.If the price of bitcoin reach 50,000$ means,bitcoin will reach atleast 20,000$.Bitcoin cash is growing in good manner than a Ethereum.You can inverse in bitcoin cash for you future instead of other altcoin.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:56:06 PM

There is no "if LN is implemented". Those who want to use it just use it, as some already started to use it. It will be more an adoption problem (similar to the bitcoin itself I think).

Why would anyone skip that part where transactions are faster
and cheaper? Problem is that people are not well informed about
new things. Who use SegWit addresses at the moment? While
transactions are expensive and slow, people did not know to use
this option.

Wake up from this mad dream.  Bitcoin will not reach 50k.  It is struggling to stay above 7k.  Why are people in dreamland. 

Your username say`s more then your comment. Bitcoin is struggling
to stay around $7k, but that is today, tomorrow we can see Bitcoin
struggling to stay over $20k. People needs money, they are selling
Bitcoins for that, time will come when all the money will return to Bitcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:00:01 PM

A lot of people are here concerned of what will become of bitcoin and you are referring to its relevance to BCH. The bitcoin price itself is not showing any sign of recovery rather its only giving be to start setting upper limit on the negative side. When bitcoin starts recovering, we can then start talking of what the effect will be on other coins. Until then, you just need to calm down and wait.
temaso

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:37:01 PM

A lot of people are here concerned of what will become of bitcoin and you are referring to its relevance to BCH. The bitcoin price itself is not showing any sign of recovery rather its only giving be to start setting upper limit on the negative side. When bitcoin starts recovering, we can then start talking of what the effect will be on other coins. Until then, you just need to calm down and wait.
[/quote

]

Hello olubams . Could you send me a private message?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

If BTC hits $50,000, what price will Bitcoin Cash be?
I don't really care about bitcoin cash but it surely going to ride the pump of bitcoin. I'm only caring about bitcoin hitting $50,000 so let's get it on.
Will it rise in tandem with the bitcoin price or will it reduce as money is transferred into BTC?
If bitcoin price increases, alts will follow too so bitcoin cash will replenish.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

Be a realist. it cannot hit the mark of $50 thousand, as people will not buy BTC for this price. Bitcoin Cash might never exceed 2K. IMHO.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:59:18 PM

In the long term Bitcoin Cash could rise with Bitcoin, but in the first time Bitcoin Cash will dip when Bitcoin is going to release the full bull. But I think it could take some months before we are going to see 50k USD again at Bitcoin.
noloco

Activity: 210

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

zero, because if btc hits that price it means that current problems are resolved and there is no need for old forks.

qwertylolxd

Activity: 322
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:38:55 PM

If bitcoin is 50k then bitcoin cash will be about 10k, it is unlikely it will cost more, I do not see the point in this.
dealung

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is an indicator for all crypto, when alt will rise or fall.
If btc $50k then bch $5k, 10% of the bitcoin price is a decent enough price for bch.
simplestrategy

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:47:08 PM

I think BCH is going to replace BTC, so the price will steadily increase while BTC goes down. No one likes spending high transaction fees & wait a few hours before their payment is through, right?
sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:49:24 PM

It will stay pegged to BTC price so I'd assume around same percentage as it is right now. Can't imagine it doing anything else besides some major annoucement making price go up.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:50:13 PM

I do not really know going to BCh but I know he coin the fork with bitcoin
and it seems it will affect the price of the coin itself. so if you believe bitcoin will rise why not in bitcoin instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: