Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:54:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVVEN is a KYC scam to gain your personal data  (Read 354 times)
vossybiglady (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:44:18 PM
Merited by Mrrr (1)

Just a FYI I would be very careful sending in your passports to the HAVVEN airdrop.

You have been warned.

(This goes for all projects - Never give them your personal papers)

RATEONIUM           
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:54:41 PM

People losing their privacy because of airdrops/free money. I remember I had to discontinue with polymath's free airdrop because they were requesting for Intl. Passport/govt I.D for airdrops. It's just not worth it.

I have believe I have come across on a crypto forum where someone claimed to have over 30000+ data of people for sale. How else do you think these data ware farmed?
solarsun

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:02:05 PM

Yup obviously a scam asking for KYC for an airdrop.  If people fall for this one they only have themselves to blame.  No proper project would ever involve their customers Passports.  It is polar opposite of what the crypto movement is about. 

Fakayode1

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:02:12 PM

Stupidly of the highest order for the sake of airdrop i will drop or upload my personal information that is impossible i can't do that it is very risky.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

People losing their privacy because of airdrops/free money. I remember I had to discontinue with polymath's free airdrop because they were requesting for Intl. Passport/govt I.D for airdrops. It's just not worth it.

I have believe I have come across on a crypto forum where someone claimed to have over 30000+ data of people for sale. How else do you think these data ware farmed?
I think polymath don't have check the KYC is valid or not because I saw that people submit any fake passport/ID also receive their 250 token, if they don't check , Why need us to submit KYC ?
luffy7

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:09:45 PM

Its not even a good ICO anyway. not sure why ppl would do that for useless airdrop
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:16:20 PM

Its not even a good ICO anyway. not sure why ppl would do that for useless

Any airdrop/bounty/ICO asking for KYC is a bad project. 

Sometimes you have to stand up for Crypto for the next generation of enthusiasts.  Imagine if the guys that were here before us let KYC happen.  There would be nothing here for us.  Make the sacrifice guys and say no to KYC.  Help out the next batch of hopefuls.

GREED = Complying with KYC and letting it establish itself so you can make a few bucks.

Crypto needs your help.  Say no to this and all projects requiring it.  You don't even know who on earth your sending it too or who will have access. 

siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:16:51 PM

KYC for airdrop!! Never heard that before. I guess only noobs will provide their passports for a random token.

That being said, sometimes ICOs really need to get KYC informaton in order to avoid any kind of future Govt. regulations and to make sure that their project runs smoothly.

For example, recently StormX ICO did KYC for all their investors. I was one of the investors and I completed my KYC. I did it because they had a product running for past 4 years and were professional team. Subsequently they raised $35M in their ICO. But that was an exception. Providing identity info to every other project seems like a stupid idea to me.

mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:16:59 PM

I will not give my data sure for an Airdrop.... even if also in some bounties they ask now for KYC....

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:18:45 PM

KYC is serious thing, i mean if you submit it for really legit project and that projects seems to have bright future its fine. But if that KYC just for claim few airdrop token or fake project, dont do it. just dont.
kriptonii1

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

Things with KYC are going bad. Everyone wants your passport and who knows where it goes and who has the means to use it in order to harm you...

The most I give for airdrop is email, nationality and my name. Passport is just too much!!!
StephKram

Activity: 95

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:28:54 PM
Merited by allcryptominer (1)

KYC is serious thing, i mean if you submit it for really legit project and that projects seems to have bright future its fine. But if that KYC just for claim fewtoken or fake project, dont do it. just dont.

Surprised your willing to to give up your papers even if the ICO is hot.  You have no recourse if something happens to your documents.  Seems better to wait for the eventual dump and buy them on the exchange and keep your identity safe.  

What about the anonymous nature of crypto currency?  Do you think about that as you send your documents in.  You may be screwing it up for the future.  Please think about the long term before you rush off to make a few bucks.  If KYC is mandatory for crypto in general the movement is lost and you may as well use fiat.  Very unfortunate.

Our masters know how greedy we are and swoop right in.  LOL  Reminds me of the song stuck in the middle with you.  I can't escape the stupidity.  UGH

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:29 PM

Great job guys calling out this KYC nonsense.  Crypto is to be anonymous.

My personal plea is this:  Think about the long term guys.  If you sell out your identity now everyone that comes after you will have to do the same thing.  That's the system we have now.  It's not good at all and if we give up this opportunity to protect our identity and freedom then shame on us.  We will be the generation that gave it up for our kids.

I know there are some money grabs out there and you could profit.  How about leaving a little on the table and help the future out by outright banning projects that attempt this.  9 times out of 10 you can get it at ICO price when it starts on the market.  That's the WIN/WIN

Havven

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:34:18 AM

Hi everyone, we'll respond to your concerns momentarily.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:44:26 AM

Why would an airdrop will require your ID?sounds like scam oh no! Grin im pretty sure any airdrop that has KYC process is a joke,ICOs will only require KYC so they can protect themselves to multi registrants abusive investors,if you dont want to lose your privacy do not participate any ICOs that needs KYC verification because if the data has leaked your IDs might be used to identity thefts.

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:00:56 AM

I really wonder how many people on bitcointalk have been a victim of identity theft thus far.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:06:51 AM

The only ICO stage that I find acceptable for sending KYC is the end of ICO.
KYC definitly shouldn't be requested at ICO pre-sale or airdrop!
HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:12:27 AM

Just a FYI I would be very careful sending in your passports to the HAVVEN airdrop.

You have been warned.

(This goes for all projects - Never give them your personal papers)

i also joined another bounty that requesting my passport as KYC Verification,
But if they ask your passport and the end of ICO, i don't think it's a big problem or scam.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:46:52 AM

Lending your identity for change money is never worth.
Only if you are genuinely interested in an ICO which do have a standardized procedure of validating your identity with KYC and over a contract that the details will not/never be shared outside the scope of project are worth.
Most of the exchanges and good ICOs require KYC, the reason being regulations being put up by national governments.
Havven

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:02:55 AM

Hi everyone,
there's a reply to the concerns around KYC in the ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702470
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: