Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Nvidia Question  (Read 97 times)
fourthandshort (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:54:52 PM

So I have two cards mining and was benchmarking them on ETH.

I have a 1070 and 980ti.  Of course the 980ti was getting decent speeds originally but with a recent driver update, it has dropped to the 2 MH speed.  I know at one point the solution needed to turn on Optimize for Compute, however I am using the onboard graphics for the cards and when I select the nvidia control panel, I get "Not using an nvidia" error.  Is there a way to turn on optimize for compute without making one of the nvidia cards a primary display?

Also any other suggestions for getting the 980ti up to a "decent" speed?  I am not expecting much but its already in the system and would rather try and get 11-13 MH if possible.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:07:50 PM

I have a 1070 and 980ti.  Of course the 980ti was getting decent speeds originally but with a recent driver update, it has dropped to the 2 MH speed.  I know at one point the solution needed to turn on Optimize for Compute, however I am using the onboard graphics for the cards and when I select the nvidia control panel, I get "Not using an nvidia" error.  Is there a way to turn on optimize for compute without making one of the nvidia cards a primary display?

Also any other suggestions for getting the 980ti up to a "decent" speed?  I am not expecting much but its already in the system and would rather try and get 11-13 MH if possible.

Using a Gtx 980 ti for up to 12 Mhsh in Ethereum is plain stupid. Switch it to Equihash ZCASH mining and see the extreme difference in daily rewards. I don't know what miner are you using but better try it with Nicehash, it will show your card true potential. Also the same to do even with GTX 1070 it will be better mining Zcash rather than Ethereum as Nvidias are more Zcash user friendly cards. As for the problem, re run the benchmark in precise algorithm if you are using Nicehash.
fourthandshort (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

Using a Gtx 980 ti for up to 12 Mhsh in Ethereum is plain stupid. Switch it to Equihash ZCASH mining and see the extreme difference in daily rewards. I don't know what miner are you using but better try it with Nicehash, it will show your card true potential. Also the same to do even with GTX 1070 it will be better mining Zcash rather than Ethereum as Nvidias are more Zcash user friendly cards. As for the problem, re run the benchmark in precise algorithm if you are using Nicehash.

Agreed, I was just running a benchmarking script to get speeds listed in case ETH came to be profitable.  I have two nvidia cards and have them pointed at an Equihash pool almost 24/7.  But I appreciate the advice. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: