Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [First Avail. Reserv.] CT/HF Bare Rig GB + Bitmine 28nm Chip Buy discussion  (Read 11569 times)
console_cowboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:56:02 AM

So does Hashfast have any plans for selling bare chips? I haven't seen anywhere where that was their intention, other than for the protection plans. I'd love to see them throw bare chips on the market at a nice price. I certainly like variation on the market as far as chip designs.
Barntech

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:57:06 AM

Hey guys. Yes we're still working away at getting something good happening for the next project. VMC and COINTERRA are still on the table but now also very interested in these:

https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-ai-asic

Thoughts?

Barntech
Barntech

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:57:57 AM

So does Hashfast have any plans for selling bare chips? I haven't seen anywhere where that was their intention, other than for the protection plans. I'd love to see them throw bare chips on the market at a nice price. I certainly like variation on the market as far as chip designs.

As far as i know they aren't. I have written to them asking and they haven't responded yet. Would be nice though.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 07:29:37 AM

Hey guys. Yes we're still working away at getting something good happening for the next project. VMC and COINTERRA are still on the table but now also very interested in these:

https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-ai-asic

Thoughts?

Barntech

Looks good, but of course I will need to do a little more research as i`ve not een a great deal on these Wink
davmp

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:28:11 AM

I welcome anyone who can actually ship product! 

That said, am I getting my math wrong or is the $500 per chip, capable of 20GH/s to 40GH/s, a might bit more expansive than the BitFurys at 2GH/s for $25?  If BitFury was double cost, it could be equivalent to these and you already have an IC for them?   Yes, you could order a larger quantity and get it down to $4.50/GH/s but that still leaves alot of room for the BitFury's to cost more and still be cost effective. 

I don't remember the the GH/W of the BitFury's though, and that's the dominating cost if you mine for awhile.  I think the BitFury's were around 2W/chip?  Which would make them 1W/GH right?  These claim somewhere between 0.6 W/GH to 1 W/GH (unless you undervolt them).  So I guess these would win out should you keep them mining for long enough.
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:10:52 PM

I welcome anyone who can actually ship product! 

That said, am I getting my math wrong or is the $500 per chip, capable of 20GH/s to 40GH/s, a might bit more expansive than the BitFurys at 2GH/s for $25?  If BitFury was double cost, it could be equivalent to these and you already have an IC for them?   Yes, you could order a larger quantity and get it down to $4.50/GH/s but that still leaves alot of room for the BitFury's to cost more and still be cost effective. 

I don't remember the the GH/W of the BitFury's though, and that's the dominating cost if you mine for awhile.  I think the BitFury's were around 2W/chip?  Which would make them 1W/GH right?  These claim somewhere between 0.6 W/GH to 1 W/GH (unless you undervolt them).  So I guess these would win out should you keep them mining for long enough.

Actually its only $100 per a chip, $50000 for 500 chips. That makes it $5 per a gh/s at 20gh/s and $2.50 per a gh/s at 40gh/s. Pretty inexpensive really. A bitfury chip is $25 per 2.7gh/s which makes it $9.26 per a gh/s, significantly more expensive than these chips. These chips and the bitfury designs also use similar amounts of power per a gh/s, with a slight edge to the coincraft asic.

It's a shame that Hashfast isn't offering chips, these chips could be good. Hashfast's small batch sizes are probably actually good for bitcoin mining as a whole, however. By keeping down the hashrate they flood the market with, they keep their devices more profitable.

It may be a terrible thought, but personally I hope that any asics I do not purchase are slow to market or vaporware. It is shaping up to be quite a bumping ride in the overall hashrate with VMC, coincraft, and avalon v.2 being announced, not to mention KnC appears to be shipping in astronomical quantity. BFL has possibly sold 3PH/s of asics, who knows if they will even deliver this.  The quick reselling of another batch of KnC could very well flood the market beyond profit for even their customers. For every asic they sell, they devalue the other asics they have already sold. I was slightly worried before, but now I really feel we may have an astronomical hashrate by January. I would even go so far as to claim a lack of intelligence in the planning of asic designers, as this flooding of hash power does not seem like it will end well. While it makes me sad to say this, I really hope a few of these manufacturers fail to bring chips to market.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:15:23 PM

not to mention KnC appears to be shipping in astronomical quantity.

Well, they are calling their machines Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn.

console_cowboy

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:49:26 PM

not to mention KnC appears to be shipping in astronomical quantity.

Well, they are calling their machines Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn.

That's the joke.  Tongue
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:52:01 PM

Well I asked them about buying bare chips with or without pcbs and the answer is that they dont have any details about that (even icedrill bought them)

They also told me to stay tunned to the website because they hope to have an announcement soon. Nice in that aspect for HF  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:15:19 AM

This was from a PM I sent after a member asked me my opinion on Bitmine. Since Cointerra & HashFast haven't been forthcoming so far about chip purchases and platform support, just thought I'd share my findings on what's looking to be a viable option for a 2013 ASIC 28nm Chip Buy:

"Bitmine passes the sniff test for sure esp. when you compare them to those new scammers GMHS which appears to have been registered in Russia but is trying to pass itself off as a Hong Kong mfg..

I was dubious about this Swiss team only working on their 28nm chip for 6 months but Giorgio was upfront about it when I questioned him. When I went to their site I was impressed with the openness I saw with LinkedIn links that were real & had actual pro contacts in their industry, as expected. Their reliance on Innosilicon and Global Foundries is a great thing IMO; get help from experts where you need help, do what you can on your own. As long as they get to tapeout without stumbling at the finish line I think they'll be able to meet delivery by year's end...
"
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:02:39 AM

This was from a PM I sent after a member asked me my opinion on Bitmine. Since Cointerra & HashFast haven't been forthcoming so far about chip purchases and platform support, just thought I'd share my findings on what's looking to be a viable option for a 2013 ASIC 28nm Chip Buy:

"Bitmine passes the sniff test for sure esp. when you compare them to those new scammers GMHS which appears to have been registered in Russia but is trying to pass itself off as a Hong Kong mfg..

I was dubious about this Swiss team only working on their 28nm chip for 6 months but Giorgio was upfront about it when I questioned him. When I went to their site I was impressed with the openness I saw with LinkedIn links that were real & had actual pro contacts in their industry, as expected. Their reliance on Innosilicon and Global Foundries is a great thing IMO; get help from experts where you need help, do what you can on your own. As long as they get to tapeout without stumbling at the finish line I think they'll be able to meet delivery by year's end...
"

Thats great for putting my mind at rest a little.  Smiley  might be a viable option!!  Cool
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:18:01 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 08:30:23 AM by DyslexicZombei

Well, that's just my opinion. We all need to do our Due Diligence and come to our own conclusions.   Wink Grin

FWIW, from discussions with various members there already appears to be a commitment to a good chunk - over a quarter - of a potential $50K chip buy from Bitmine.

Please PM me if you might be interested in this. You wouldn't be held to any commitments, at this point: it's more of a gauge of market demand that could help tip the balance as to whether this particular Bitmine Coincraft 28nm ASIC Chip GB/potential rig assembly project goes forward or not. Of course, if there's enough demand and enough members & cooperatives band together, a larger chip purchase yields a better value for everyone involved.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: