Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4GB or 8GB for ethereum  (Read 490 times)
sakasaka (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:35:59 PM

Hello,

I wonder if invest on 4GB RX570 is not logical anymore?
Some friends says 4GB will be useless very soon for ETH.

Is that correct?
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:37:17 PM

if eth goes pos every gpu will be useless, but to be more safe in future for other coins/algos go for 8gb

Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:37:22 PM

4GB is still good for about 2 more years.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:41:41 PM

if eth goes pos every gpu will be useless, but to be more safe in future for other coins/algos go for 8gb

lol you really think itll go POS soon? i dont think the devs have even figured it out yet. theyre just dangling that pos carrot, so that an asic manufacturer doesnt put in R&D and annihilate difficulty. i also strongly believe that when eth tries to go POS, there will be another fork for POS eth and POW eth on the current chain. then we'll have etc ethpos and ethpow. people will hate on me for this, but im extremely bullish on etc. maybe ill make a post in the speculation section as to why.
thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

Hello,

Is that correct?

no major diff for eth  for a long, but there are already some algos (for ex. zero coin) which require 8GB. So i would go with 8Gb preferable for more flexibility
sakasaka (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

Hello,

Is that correct?

no major diff for eth  for a long, but there are already some algos (for ex. zero coin) which require 8GB. So i would go with 8Gb preferable for more flexibility
price gap between 4GB and 8GB is around US $45. So, is it worth?
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:50:34 PM

lol you really think itll go POS soon? i dont think the devs have even figured it out yet. theyre just dangling that pos carrot, so that an asic manufacturer doesnt put in R&D and annihilate difficulty. i also strongly believe that when eth tries to go POS, there will be another fork for POS eth and POW eth on the current chain. then we'll have etc ethpos and ethpow. people will hate on me for this, but im extremely bullish on etc. maybe ill make a post in the speculation section as to why.

i dont give a fuck what eth does because i dont mine it, only retards mine eth. its much cheaper/more effectiv to mine other stuff, sell for btc and buy eth if you want

thin

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:01:25 PM

Hello,

Is that correct?

price gap between 4GB and 8GB is around US $45. So, is it worth?

with current prices it is less than 10%, so up to you to decide.

But you should look not only into memory amount, first check who is chip producer )
Devilz666

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:29:09 PM

i dont give a fuck what eth does because i dont mine it, only retards mine eth. its much cheaper/more effectiv to mine other stuff, sell for btc and buy eth if you want

WTF are you on about? Ethereum is the most profitable coin to mine on RX 570
SublimeMudTime

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

What would you suggest us retards mine besides eth?
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

thank you I have not laughed like this for a long time Grin Cheesy

blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

so rude. people like you that dont provide evidence for your opinions, dont belong on this forum.
Kozlov

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:50:05 PM

Go check the DAG Calculator:

https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

You can estimate the difficulty, we're not near 4gb yet - and like an earlier poster said you should be more concerned with Ethereum switching to proof-of-stake (holding coins and staking them) rather than proof-of-work (which involves miners and GPUs processing transactions for a block reward).

If you can get any of these cards for RRP, you're laughing.

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:52:35 PM

so rude. people like you that dont provide evidence for your opinions, dont belong on this forum.

do your own research lazy fucktard

tallbutshort54

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:54:40 PM

no its not correct, 4 gb cards will not be over over of game long time. you can chose a 4gb card if its very cheap, otherhand, if a 4 gb and 8 gb is same price or have  30-40 usd difference you can chose 8 gb one.
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:36:14 AM

If not for those "retards" mining ETH, there wouldn't be any for you to trade your shitcoins for.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:05:20 AM

Is that correct?
Everyone has different opinions on this Topic. you must know the basically why some member suggest you don't buy 4GB and some member suggests 4GB no problem. The knowledge Basic about Ethash Algorithm such Ethereum (ETH coin).

Current Dag size (file) ETH 2,3 GB. What the related Dag size with memory the GPU?. DAG file will save in your GPU memory. If Dag File more size than your GPU memory than your GPU become useless (Note: if the Ethash algorithm such ETH coin).

So that's the reason some member suggest you don't buy 4GB. But some member suggest buying 8 GB with the goal if the next year or 2020/2021 Dag Size ETH more 3 or 4 GB, that's GPU still usable mining ETH. Although ETH prediction 2020/2021 to be POS.

Note: it doesn't mean that the GPU is no longer useful for all coins just for the ETH coin if the Dag file reaches over 4 GB. For other coins outside Ethash Algo can still be used to mine.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:54:32 AM

Buy 4GB cards - The people who say buy the 8GB cards because DAG file will go over 4GB by 2020 forget that by then the RX 580's will be junk anyway and there would be much better performing cards available by then.
cidman

Activity: 162
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:29:56 AM

gddr6 will crush everything out there right now so this is a non issue actually
just grab 4gb and sell em when gddr6 cards come out or before if u time it right
magle

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:58:13 AM

I have chosen to buy cards with 8GB simply because it gives me more flexibility in the future.
Even if mining value drops to a point where it would make sense to sell the cards, I can much better sell my MSI Gaming x 8GB, that is also why I chose GTX cards over the cheap RX cards. Resell value should be better, at least when I look at the supply and demand for the cards here in Denmark.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: