Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:24:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]RaiLight -Browser native DAG currency for scalable feeless instant payments  (Read 1459 times)
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:22:36 PM

the fork of RaiBlocks now re branded to Nano with Web wallet, I thought they do have web wallet. Not clear what extra this project is simplifying. Anyways there is so many projects floating around RaiBlocks success.

I will follow the project for now see what all it will unfold in coming days. I really think it's too early for speaking about distribution if you think other way. ERC20 Token Airdrop might great idea.

I do notice this is team started finishing product without trying to ask for donations and planning to Airdrop/Faucet distribution like RaiBlocks done, I wish the team a big success with RaiLights.
Afkbio

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:19:23 PM

Hi, I created a discord server for discussing DAG coins. Every DAG is listed and has its own channel.

https://discord.gg/auFsMSD.

Feel free to join us ! See ya.  Wink
greml

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:26:05 PM

This sounds good.
It just looks alot like Nimiq.
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:36:08 PM

Nice project concept.. i will be following this.

on the topic of distribution, a small airdrop and faucets would be a nice way to get people involved and understand the 'light' browser based mechanism.
When you have sufficient people using it, you can either approach some private investors for funding.

I would also think instead of ICO maybe a PoW/PoS coin.

The recent project have shifted to ICO so much that now personally i feel we need to balance lol. Also much more regulations and things come in with ICO.
idk a browser based pow/pos possible?

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
antoinnepy

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

It isn't being used to solve a real problem yet so any "value" is purely speculative.

We're suggesting an initial market of using it to pay sites to clear the ads from their page.  https://raiblocks.net/#/demos  This is an alternative to ad blocking we think would benefit sites and really makes the speed of RaiBlocks stand out.

Just gonna leave this Colin's quote here regarding a suggested use case for Nano. Source
Perhaps the Railight team could consider this.
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:45:50 PM

It isn't being used to solve a real problem yet so any "value" is purely speculative.

We're suggesting an initial market of using it to pay sites to clear the ads from their page.  https://raiblocks.net/#/demos  This is an alternative to ad blocking we think would benefit sites and really makes the speed of RaiBlocks stand out.

Just gonna leave this Colin's quote here regarding a suggested use case for Nano. Source

Well BAT (Basic attention token) might be on the fore front in that use case i would say. They are integrated with Brave browser with a team of established devs.
Ofcourse this doesn't necessarily mean you cant have the same.

Also two things, either it is solution for a existing problem ("bleeding neck") or a potential solution for a problem which people have yet to notice. most of the business models are based as such.

xrbcrpt

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

faucet.
manuelBA

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:22:55 PM

faucet
antoinnepy

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Well BAT (Basic attention token) might be on the fore front in that use case i would say. They are integrated with Brave browser with a team of established devs.
Ofcourse this doesn't necessarily mean you cant have the same.

Also two things, either it is solution for a existing problem ("bleeding neck") or a potential solution for a problem which people have yet to notice. most of the business models are based as such.
Yes, BAT may be at the fore front as at now, but Railight could also put forward a strong use case. Who knows..
Thecker

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:54:18 PM

Faucet, This is a great way to create a participant community, just like Raiblocks.
manuelBA

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:03:59 PM

what is the total supply?
Wallaceice

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:45:21 PM

I hope the distribution is in faucets.
NrX

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

A fair distribution using registration method on this forum with minimum rank of member and above will eliminate abuse. I will not suggest off the forum other methods or open distribution where anyone can participate using em-mail or social media account. This forum's ranking system can be helpful for fair and transparent distribution.
Thecker

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:59:17 PM

A fair distribution using registration method on this forum with minimum rank of member and above will eliminate abuse. I will not suggest off the forum other methods or open distribution where anyone can participate using em-mail or social media account. This forum's ranking system can be helpful for fair and transparent distribution.

It is not a fair method of distribution, it would put Ralight in the hands of few users, Faucet has some problems but creates an active community, just like Rablocks, in Brazil we have a Nano facebook group with 14400 members, faucet will move the market.
Thecker

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:55:04 PM

What is the total supply? around 100M its pretty good
antoinnepy

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:28:36 AM

of course, why not? You are a Snr. Mmbr after all  Grin
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:44:24 AM

It is not a fair method of distribution, it would put Ralight in the hands of few users, Faucet has some problems but creates an active community, just like Rablocks, in Brazil we have a Nano facebook group with 14400 members, faucet will move the market.

of course, why not? You are a Snr. Mmbr after all  Grin

I agree that its not completely fair on the newbies.
Try to avoid distribution just based on ranking system.

The distribution can be done in multiple way and not just stick to one. for eg. faucets for everyone and airdrops for certain minimum member rank.
the balance needs to be decided by the dev, because honestly even higher member are just flippers and dumpers.. thus ruining the market.

Worldtokenindex

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:23:25 PM

Hope distribution thru Faucets, Airdrop and keep the Token max supply to same as NANO 133 Mil
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:28:47 PM

How long has this project begun its implementation? When is ICO planned? No fresh news?
Worldtokenindex

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:18:43 AM

How long has this project begun its implementation? When is ICO planned? No fresh news?

It's pretty new project started couple of weeks back, There will not be any ICO distribution will be most likely Faucet, Airdrop and Bounty's ETC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: