Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 08:22:33 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blocklord - buy, personalise and trade every corner of the world  (Read 74 times)
davo84 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:28:31 PM

Hi all,

we just launched https://www.blocklord.co a new ethereum dapp where you can buy, personalise and trade every corner of the world.

From the reddit launch post:

Blocklord is Ethereum's 1st Decentralized Planet Earth where every corner of the planet has been tokenised on the Ethereum Blockchain, and can be customised and traded ABOUT BLOCKLORD Blocklord subdivides and tokenises every corner of planet Earth. You can own, customise and trade blocks of land on the blockchain.

Each token, or block, can be personalised with image, text, a link to your personal or commercial website an so on.

You could own Times Square, the Tour Eiffel, your office or the place where you met your significant other, and customise each block to your liking, leaving your mark forever on the blockchain.

Blocks can be re-sold or rented out to tenants who might want to temporarily advertise on your blocks, generating real world income.

"You can earn value in 4 different ways. 1) You can decide to resell a block for a price of your choice (e.g. you buy for 0.1 ETH and can sell it for 0.12ETH for 20% profit) 2) Other players can decide to buy you out without your consent, they would need to pay at least double what you paid for, this is to retain liquidity in case somebody bought, say the White House, and then decided not to play the game anymore. 3) You can rent your block, for a daily fee another player can decide to put their data on the block. Imagine a coffee chain would want to advertise a campaign on the blocks where their premises are.

What do you guys think? How would you use it? Any feedback would be great!
Kusunagi

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:28:46 AM

Hi nice idea, its almost like a world sized monopoly game.

I was wondering if you buy a block and rent it, can it still be bought out for double? Or is it locked till the rent runs out.

Also how does the URL work.  Can you only link to your websites, or can it work as a shortcut url to an area within block lord?

The only thing i didn't like was that the maps very grey and there are no points of interest labelled (i guess its down to peeps to do this as they see fit) but would make it much easier to find those landmarks to buy if they were labelled.

Also a language option on the maps so if for example you wanted to buy an area in Japan it would be cool to have the map and road names etc.. in english if possible.

I think this has massive potential if only more people know about it, i would really work on marketing this as it could be the next cryptokitties if more people knew about it.
davo84 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

Hi Kusumagi!

That's a good question, at the moment we have now disabled renting in favour of a more requested mechanic by current users:

When you own a block and somebody buys a block next to you you receive a 1.94% reward for that trade, multiply that for 8 blocks and that's a nice extra return Smiley

As for the maps, you can switch maps from the selector in the top left, and you can search for locations in english from the topbar, maps unfortunately are out of our control :/

If you'd like to join forces get in touch with Davo on our Discord channel https://discord.gg/GUYSJ2c

Would be great to get some help, we are planning a big splash on Friday (tomorrow) but after that some extra help will be needed! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: