Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 09:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a proof of payment  (Read 128 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:34:16 PM

I've seen hundreds of posts about the anonymous ( or otherwise ) nature of Bitcoin, but I don't see much mention of one major advantage of Bitcoin. It offers a permanent record of payment, and this can be invaluable in some situations.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

Bitcoin has that capability to be  a proof of payment if when some merchants will begin to adopt blockchain technology. There was a news that Amazon will  be accepting Bitcoin also Alibaba, once they are onboard then bitcoin may have arrived.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:37:23 AM

I've seen hundreds of posts about the anonymous ( or otherwise ) nature of Bitcoin, but I don't see much mention of one major advantage of Bitcoin. It offers a permanent record of payment, and this can be invaluable in some situations.
Yes, well I am pretty sure a bank transfer stays in the banking history the same way, banks store and archive all transactions. A good advantage of crypto-currencies for me is the possibility to pay big money immediately and without the need of a third party (hence the term P2P right Grin ).
it is not the same in every country I suppose but my bank does not allow me to send a bank transfer by myself, by entering IBAN / Swift number directly from my online account to pay for various services. I need to send an email to request it, it is annoying and particularly restrictive and does not work for emergency payments.

hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:57:54 AM

I think Bitcoin as a means of payment, taking into account its handling costs, for now, the cost of bitcoin is too high, I think many people can not accept.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:01:55 AM

Banks keep records too, but the problem with that is that the records are only as permanent as the bank in question wishes. That's centralization for you.

The advantage you speak of falls under Bitcoin's decentralization IMO, which is probably why people barely talk about it specifically. Still, I guess Bitcoin does have a niche in that area where every single transaction is logged no matter how small. It's pretty hard to keep track of how much money you spend on candy bars unless you record each purchase, but Bitcoin does that for you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: