Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 cent  (Read 221 times)
Crypto Piece (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 43

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:06:02 PM

In 2014 rapper '50 cent' accepts bitcoin for online album sale netting him a nice 700 btc. 4 years later those sales in bitcoin are worth 8 million dollars.

Source:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42820246

walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:00:16 PM

This news is already a bit old, but by this example you can see what forward thinking can you bring. But I hardly believe that he expected it, but he deserves it.
There is also the example of the painter of Facebook, who has paid with company shares and then became billionaire by it. From this we learn that greed often costs you much more.  Wink

Dulahpandi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:18:06 AM

This news is already a bit old, but by this example you can see what forward thinking can you bring. But I hardly believe that he expected it, but he deserves it.
There is also the example of the painter of Facebook, who has paid with company shares and then became billionaire by it. From this we learn that greed often costs you much more.  Wink

I Aggree, good sample for the who doubt about bitcoin investment, and the very importent for the BTC investnent is always uptodate information, becaues internet or digital system is very quick to change. dont be late..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:26:49 AM

He either needs to sell now or long term hold because, since the article was released, his $8mil is now only worth $5mil.

walterw
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:07:42 PM

his $8mil is now only worth $5mil.

I think $ 5 million is still a huge profit, instead of the actual payment. But I would still HODL the coins and see if the profit continues to increase.
I think 50 Cent has enough money to survive a setback in the extent. I would like to know what he was thinking at the moment he discovered his coins.  Cheesy Grin

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:53:29 PM

his $8mil is now only worth $5mil.

I think $ 5 million is still a huge profit, instead of the actual payment. But I would still HODL the coins and see if the profit continues to increase.
I think 50 Cent has enough money to survive a setback in the extent. I would like to know what he was thinking at the moment he discovered his coins.  Cheesy Grin

At this point he should just hold until he needs the money. I bet MC hammer wishes he was holding 700btc at the end of his career when his “crew” stole all his money.

walterw
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:46:08 PM

At this point he should just hold until he needs the money. I bet MC hammer wishes he was holding 700btc at the end of his career when his “crew” stole all his money.

That's how I see it too. But who does not want 700 btc, oh what am I talking about. 50 btc are enough as well. Cheesy

bitcoinqueen08

Activity: 90
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:49:10 PM

In 2014 rapper '50 cent' accepts bitcoin for online album sale netting him a nice 700 btc. 4 years later those sales in bitcoin are worth 8 million dollars.

Source:

This is old news.And I think there is many news like that.

0xa4A979d6876DB84031AEFB2c59F7fE4B9880328E
The One Who Knocks

Activity: 41
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

Source:

I'm sure he didn't even knew what to do after having them, or he didn't knew how to trade them for USD so he simply let them there until he forgot it. Fast forward 4 years and he just hit jackpot ahah
YeOldeMiner

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

Old, but still the man deserves it, good bit of foresight by his advisers I'm sure.

Hope he cashed at $8m rather than he lower return as of 2018s movements.
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:53:56 PM

Source:

The article was released when bitcoin was worth around 11k, It's now less than 7k. I'd recommend he do the same thing and forget about them for another 4 years. HAH seriously though I bet we'll be seeing him in a new car any time soon.  Roll Eyes

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:55:40 PM

Old, but still the man deserves it, good bit of foresight by his advisers I'm sure.

Hope he cashed at $8m rather than he lower return as of 2018s movements.

I don't think he isn't holding them anymore, he proclaimed bankruptcy last time in 2017, but that's a dodgy territory. He cashed them to pay off the dept. Unleast some part of that dept could be payed off with those btc.

Article: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/03/50-cent-discharged-bankruptcy

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 07:04:10 PM

No one cares about him and his bitcoin now   Cheesy I want him to be hodler but he would probably sold his bitcoin, this news even might be not real  Roll Eyes
therealbtcdave

Activity: 12
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:13:31 PM

He came out on top of this one.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

He either needs to sell now or long term hold because, since the article was released, his $8mil is now only worth $5mil.

Correct, his investment went south because of the current crisis in bitcoin. I guess we doesn't need the money anyways, he's rich as fuck, so he gonna hold on it as long as he can.

Source:

He take the risk and now he's reaping the rewards of it. I'm sure that when he decided to accept bitcoin as payments on his album,  he sees good opportunity on it to really earn in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:30:48 AM

Since the time I wrote this post yesterday his stash is now only worth $4 million.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: