Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:29:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Ethereum will over take bitcoin?  (Read 1380 times)
GunsNRose

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

From the technological side, Ethereum is much better and more efficient than Bitcoin. Therefore, one day Ether will overtake Bitcoin by capitalization. Maybe even this year.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:19:28 AM

I think that it will, it seems like it gets close here and there but more frequent. What do you think the result of a flip would be even if it lasted an hour? How would that affect the prices of BTC/ETH? What would be some outcomes of a flip?

As of now there is no guarantee as to what ethereum may do to bitcoin, because the value of bitcoin still remains stronger than ethereum. Although, if bitcoin continuous to sunk down, then ethereum's value could probably over power it. Then again, there is no assurance as to how long it may be.

DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:29:15 AM

From the technological side, Ethereum is much better and more efficient than Bitcoin. Therefore, one day Ether will overtake Bitcoin by capitalization. Maybe even this year.
what I understand about Ethereum is that its just a super secure platform for developers to build anything upon the techbase and you never know something great could be born using this platform.
think3214

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:51:12 AM

my opinion the btc coin price will always be the highest, being the center of comparison of all the worlds cryptocurrency ,,
At this point I choose ETH instead of bitcoin. Existing investors are leaving bitcoin, switching over to investing in other virtual currencies. At present, bitcoin prices are falling, many experts predict future ETH prices will be higher than bitcoin. ETH is attracting many investors, which may be the number one digital currency in the world. This is my personal opinion.
Isaak Brenner

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:53:20 AM

might happen, might never happen, and by ‘overtake’ I’m guessing that you mean when one ETH is worth more than one BTC.
The two coins are taking very different paths, my best guess for BTC is that it’ll end up as a store of value, a commodity, unless the team tackle payment processing capacity and time.
ETH is a more flexible tool, a platform for business but both coins have the potential to change and develop.
The future of both coins are down to the communities and teams involved in them.
And I for one am fascinated to learn and watch.
Damian Banks

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:54:53 AM

Cryptocurrencies need two characteristics to be a good store of value, decentralization and a cap on total units issued. Ethereum is not a cryptocurrency by that definition; it is a platform for smart contracts.
Bitcoin, is designed specifically as a store of value and medium of exchange.
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

if ethereum overtakes BTC, it will have to stay ahead for a while for lots of people to leave BTC and buy into it. that way, ethereum investors will make so much profit. But i dont see that happening as there are no current indications. it will take a lot for ethereum to usurp BTC at the top. So much.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:04:37 AM

I don't think that ethereum will overtake bitcoin,I believed bitcoin is still the number one cryptocurrency.I have also believed that there's big potential of ethereum but it can't overtake the value of bitcoin.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

I don't think so These two cryptocurrencies have different technologies.bitcoin has a higher demand than the other crypto currency. etherium is better than the bitcoin because of its lower transaction fee compare to the bitcoin.
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:14:12 AM

I thinking it can not be.
Ethereum price increase may be $2000-$2500 in the last of this year.
But Bitcoin will go to huge. Not thinking around. Maybe $50k or more.
We can not say surely anything, just we can say our idea.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:17:03 AM

I think this is very likely. Now, the development trend of the ether is very high. Many ico needs to invest in eth, and the demand for eth is very large.
Bitcoin has many disadvantages, such as high transaction costs, slow transmission, and cheap transaction procedures that make up for some of the disadvantages of bitcoin.
Damian Banks

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:46:08 AM

I think BTC will keep the throne under those 2 conditions:

LN works as intended and really solves scaling
BTC manages to keep the throne until LN starts to be used
If one of those conditions is not met, then it is going to be hard for BTC to keep the throne or get it back. There is too much competiton and people will doubt the king once proven to be replaceable.
Isaak Brenner

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:51:15 AM

Well, it's not economically broken. It's just a centralized, incomplete derivatives platform. If you understand what a financial derivative is, then you get LN. When your receive an LN transaction, what you're actually getting is a contractual obligation for an underlying asset (Bitcoin), to be delivered at some point in the future. You have a call option on this asset to get it at any time.

As a raw product and platform, LN is dope as shit.

But it is highly centralized, to the extent that routing will favor highly capitalized, networked hubs. So you can run a lightning node, but visa's LN node will take all the traffic.

Also, if you're trying to build a monetary system on derivatives... You're gonna have a bad time. This is literally why I and other Bitcoin adopters of the previous generation bought into bitcoin - because a POW blockchain straightens out the economic malincentives. Now you're browbeaten for suggesting you should use the blockchain.
tung06081989

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:59:37 AM

btc is the top of crypto,the hightest price but i hope oneday eth will catch up with btc,i chose hold eth
simsamsum

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:02:07 AM

I think that it will, it seems like it gets close here and there but more frequent. What do you think the result of a flip would be even if it lasted an hour? How would that affect the prices of BTC/ETH? What would be some outcomes of a flip?

It either will or it wont. Depends on the blockchain team. If they come up with something that can handle as many tx as mastercard/visa, bitcoin will most likely stay #1.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:44:00 AM

I dont think ethereum will overtake bitcoin because of supply limit . But ethereum is having huge potentiality 9 out of 10 new projects build using ethereum blockchain technology . Ethereum is good investment . Even you can consider NEO also there is lots of chinese investors interested on NEO based projects.
TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

You are only interested in the price of the question. The technology of the Ethereum is more perfect and it finds application in a variety of other industries. But will the price of the Ethereum coin be higher than Bitcoin? Probably not.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:13:30 AM

I think this is very likely. Now, the development trend of the ether is very high. Many ico needs to invest in eth, and the demand for eth is very large.
Bitcoin has many disadvantages, such as high transaction costs, slow transmission, and cheap transaction procedures that make up for some of the disadvantages of bitcoin.
There are many disadvantages for sure. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kiemponxs

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:24:12 AM

I think it's hard to happen, because after all the bitcoin is the main crypto and is very influential on other altcoin developments. this is the benchmark. see when bitcoin falls, all altcoin follow it. but when altcoin falls, it has no effect on bitcoin

codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:25:30 AM

Someday bitcoin will lose his throne, i believe with that, but ethereum or not we never know it, but according to this couple years, ethereum have a stable price than the other coin
It make ethereum great candidate as new king, to lead the other coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: