Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get the keys from Armory  (Read 116 times)
82b (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:44:28 AM

I sent a btc to my offline armory. Unfortunately I haven't enough date to download 150gb date. I read I need to transfer the keys. If somebody can tell me how to do it. I can't find some phrases.

Greetings

PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:33:16 PM

In Armory, double click your wallet or select it and click "Wallet Properties".
Then choose "Backup This Wallet" on the right side. Choose Export Key Lists. Enter your passphrase to unlock the wallet.
On the right side keep the default options but check "Include Unused" and at the bottom check "Omit spaces in key data".
You have the option to save to a file, or clipboard. Be very careful with these keys.

Ideally you'd find the address(es) that you sent bitcoin to from the list and import the PrivBase58 for just those into another wallet.
Will be more complicated if you sent to a segwit (P2SH-P2WPKH) address in Armory, and nothing but Armory supports a P2SH-P2PK address.
Addresses starting with 1 are legacy (P2PKH) addresses (and compatible with everything) and addresses starting with 3 can be P2SH-P2WPKH or P2SH-P2PK.
You can check the type of address you have by looking in Wallet Properties and expanding the lists until you find it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: