Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical stats, estimating peer count, etc  (Read 622 times)
badmonkey (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:21:00 PM

Been looking at trying to finger a few stats of interest.

Firstly I am interested in getting a guestimate of peer count, or market population - ultimately, the number of wallets, or something that could be considered to have a more or less constant relationship with that so the historical data would show the same trending. Maybe total number of addresses with a correction for increasing number of addresses per wallet over time. Any ideas?

The average transaction value would be interesting too, for any given time period. Is it possible to see this?

I know that Bitcoin Watch gives a few tidbits, like transaction value averages and transaction counts, for the last hour and 24 hours. Is this data available anywhere compiled historically? I'd like to see those figures for the last year.

Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bert

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:33:24 PM

... snip ...
The average transaction value would be interesting too, for any given time period. Is it possible to see this?
... snip ...
Since every previous transaction is in the database shared by all bitcoin clients. With some programming you should be able to query the database to find out the average transaction value for any given time period.

Tip jar: 1BW6kXgUjGrFTqEpyP8LpVEPQDLTkbATZ6
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 11:24:24 AM

Firstly I am interested in getting a guestimate of peer count,

Peer count:
  - http://stats.bitcoin.it/rrd/nodes_total-year.png
Though know that this value can be spoofed.  This one cannot and correlates:
  - http://stats.bitcoin.it/rrd/nodes_up-year.png

or market population - ultimately, the number of wallets, or something that could be considered to have a more or less constant relationship with that so the historical data would show the same trending. Maybe total number of addresses with a correction for increasing number of addresses per wallet over time. Any ideas?

Aint multi-pseudonymity grand!

Any suggestions?

There is information here, though I'm not finding it correlating to the exchange rate:
  - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Days_Destroyed

For instance, BDD has been dropping yet daily bitcoins sent daily are high yet.  So that indicates there is likely some coin mixing activity accounting for the volume of coins sent.  But it doesn't give me any information that would help predict an upcoming move, at least not that I've been able to determine.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █